Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 88. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
You can connect them directly to Eligius at the Get Work port, but you will be ~20% down in hashrate, it is recommended to use proxy. Either slush's mining proxy or 32-bit bfgminer.

FTFY

Just to note, the drop in hashrate is due to the way the blades process work and the latencies involved, not anything to do with the pool.  It is best to run a proxy on the same LAN for them.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
You can connect them directly to Eligius at the Get Work port, but you will be ~20% down in hashrate, it is recommended to use proxy. Either slush's mining proxy or 32-bit bfgminer.

FTFY
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I am considering buying a few Blades. Am I able to connect them directly to the getwork address vs using slushes proxy? Does anyone know if I need the actual ip address or can I enter the url? If anyone mining here is using them let me know what you think about them.

You can connect them directly to Eligius at the Get Work port, but you will be ~20% down in hashrate, it is recommended to use proxy. Either slush's mining proxy or bfgminer.

GL

Thanks for the heads up.
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
I am considering buying a few Blades. Am I able to connect them directly to the getwork address vs using slushes proxy? Does anyone know if I need the actual ip address or can I enter the url? If anyone mining here is using them let me know what you think about them.

You can connect them directly to Eligius at the Get Work port, but you will be ~20% down in hashrate, it is recommended to use proxy. Either slush's mining proxy or bfgminer.

GL
Activity: 476
Activity: 462
DDoS again... working on it.

Sorry about the shakiness regarding these DDoS's.  I usually have sufficient upstream access to mitigate these quickly, however access controls have been tightened a little upstream so I actually have to make phone calls to get these things done and it takes a little while to do this. Undecided

I'm curious as to the purpose behind the DoS, though...  Huh

Well, what's the purpose behind DDoSing a BTC pool?

Anyhow, thanks for solving the issue quickly, let's see if we can find a block soon after almost 9 hours Wink

Competition. You must have been new to mining.

This is why ppl shouldnt mine on BTCGuild. They're too big and they can pay bots operators to DDoS all small pools.

Best DDoS protection? pay bots operators fee, and strike other pools.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Sorry about the shakiness regarding these DDoS's.  I usually have sufficient upstream access to mitigate these quickly, however access controls have been tightened a little upstream so I actually have to make phone calls to get these things done and it takes a little while to do this. Undecided

Well, what's the purpose behind DDoSing a BTC pool?

Anyhow, thanks for solving the issue quickly, let's see if we can find a block soon after almost 9 hours Wink
legendary

legendary
Is it possible to look at the amount and worth of shelved shares that are waiting to be paid globally?

This info is in the latest.json API file IIRC.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
Is it possible to look at the amount and worth of shelved shares that are waiting to be paid globally?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
wizkid057-

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
legendary
Greetings Miners,

Eligius was hit with a massive DDoS about 90 minutes ago.  It took quite a bit of resources to battle it but we're back online now.

I ended up stopping the reward system and stats while I was working on things, but they will all sync up momentarily.

No work accepted by the pool was lost, and in fact we found 3 blocks just recently.  They'll be on the stats shortly.

Thanks for mining Eligius!

-wk

P.S. - Personally, I suggest Bitminter as a failover for Eligius.  Only 1% fee.
Add Block 262301 to the ones which need to pay out. Eligius is acknowledging there are delays.
legendary
Enoyhow, it looks funny that there are 10.9 steady TH/s and we mined a couple of blocks but they do not show up and no payments are made. I was up in the queue...
legendary
Now neither of the blocks 262294 and 262296 are in the GUI. Something is really screwy.

Exactly. Its a pity, we were having a fun ride on elegius. Moved 100% of my hashrate to BTCGuild private servers, but oh boy the 3% fee hurts. A lot.
Now neither of the blocks 262294 and 262296 are in the GUI. Something is really screwy.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
Hmmm, blockchain.info says Eligius mined block 262294 and 262296 - but 262294 is not showing up in the GUI.  I hope it gets paid out.
Activity: 248
Merit: 252
Pages:
Jump to: