Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 89. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 251
I've failed over, looks like POOL is having a few issues
I'll failback in the morning, if the pool stats look right again.
Activity: 248
Merit: 252
Still down. I've decided to mine using "load balance" strategy along with p2pool. This way I split my hash between p2pool and eligius, and if eligius is down I am not really affected.

I was freaking out because my normal backup is eclipse.. which is also down.
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
It's down for me as well
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Yep back up for me as well. And yes we have been doing very well.
Nevermind back down
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Yeah mining has stopped I'm on my backup pool.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
All my rigs got "connection interrupted" and switched to backup pool. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?
(I assume so since the pool total hashrate is dropping quickly...)

Cheers,
   T
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Wizzkid: please fix this issue ASAP, "time is money" (quite literally)
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
Something funny is happening at Eligius. My 3 hour hashrate dropped by +20%, and the graph is showing vert funky behaviour for ALL my miners... I was terribly worried about something electrical going on in my farm (you know, hashrate fluctuating wildly in all the miners, at the same time) but I checked the graph of other users and it seems that its the pool who is having the problem... Obviously cgminer show the miners hashing just fine.

Same here.  Something is definitely wrong.
legendary
Something funny is happening at Eligius. My 3 hour hashrate dropped by +20%, and the graph is showing vert funky behaviour for ALL my miners... I was terribly worried about something electrical going on in my farm (you know, hashrate fluctuating wildly in all the miners, at the same time) but I checked the graph of other users and it seems that its the pool who is having the problem... Obviously cgminer show the miners hashing just fine.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
I've been mining at Eligius for the last 3/4 days and I love the interface and the 0% fees, but isn't the variance extremely high?

I believe variance is high for slower minder due to the fact that min pdiff was increased from 1 to 2. At least that is how I explain my observation since it was bumped.

T

I have a few TH/s and it looks to me variance is high

BTW, how do you cange min diff. to +256? It seems is not working on "my eligius" as I see cgminer mining at 127...

I see a bit of high variance on my end as well.

When you make your setting in "my eiligius" to 256  and save it- what happens? Does it remain 256 in the box? It should.

Yes, it stays... But at the same time it says "*** Minimum Difficulty Setting does NOT yet have any effect! ***"... Why is that?

I remember seeing that before once when I had changed my dif.. I'm not sure if it has to wait until next round and then the settings kick in? - I'm sure someone can chime in

I'm pretty sure that functionality is just not implemented yet in the UI.  Eligius also ignores the '--request-diff' parameter from BFGMiner.
legendary
I've been mining at Eligius for the last 3/4 days and I love the interface and the 0% fees, but isn't the variance extremely high?

I believe variance is high for slower minder due to the fact that min pdiff was increased from 1 to 2. At least that is how I explain my observation since it was bumped.

T

BTW, how do you cange min diff. to +256? It seems is not working on "my eligius" as I see cgminer mining at 127...

I see a bit of high variance on my end as well.

When you make your setting in "my eiligius" to 256  and save it- what happens? Does it remain 256 in the box? It should.

Yes, it stays... But at the same time it says "*** Minimum Difficulty Setting does NOT yet have any effect! ***"... Why is that?
legendary

T

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Something broken on stats?

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

T
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Just to verify, stats page is down correct?

Incorrect. Stats page appears to be working fine.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Continuing with pool improvements...

Soon, Eligius will no longer be serving any pool-difficulty 1 work, opting to a bump to pool-difficulty 2.

With the exponential rise in the average hash rate overall, difficulty 1 work is less and less useful.

I will be looking to make this change in the next few days.  This should have little to no real impact on miners, but will reduce pool-side load a bit.  It will also make it easier for higher hash rate miners to start mining.

Thanks!

-wk
Pages:
Jump to: