Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 85. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Is it normal for a round to take over 4 hours to do?

I am getting an estimate that it will take 7 hours to do this one round, that seems a bit too high!

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Luke, sorry for a n00b question, but seriously....

I haz bfl pr0ductz.

Stratum, GBT or Getwork? (I'm using bfgminer on ubuntu).

(Also, my miner just stops working all the time, the application crashes in terminal, or it just randomly fills the screen with gibberish and I have to close bfgminer and start again- anyone else get this? If I'm out I have to rush home in order to preserve my 1337 hashr4t3)
Stratum for now. I'll get back to finishing GBT up later.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

I haz bfl pr0ductz.

(Also, my miner just stops working all the time, the application crashes in terminal, or it just randomly fills the screen with gibberish and I have to close bfgminer and start again- anyone else get this? If I'm out I have to rush home in order to preserve my 1337 hashr4t3)
Stratum for now. I'll get back to finishing GBT up later.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

I haz bfl pr0ductz.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hello guys, I'm experiencing a strange issue: my KNC connects to the pool but shortly after (about 1 minute) I got a " Waiting for work to be available from pools." error and the mining stops completely.

Switching pool everything is fine. I tried both the ports 3333 and 3334.

This happened after over a week of full throttle mining, without any problems at all...
legendary
Can't hurt. Eligius doesn't pay for stale shares, but cgminer doesn't detect stale shares correctly anyway.
Could you please explain further? Specifically how cgminer doesn't do this correctly.
With getwork (and GBT?), it assumes a work update (longpoll) always makes the previous job(s) stale. Result: cgminer thinks shares are stale that aren't.
With stratum, it doesn't act on work updates unless the server tells it previous jobs are now stale. Result: cgminer keeps mining jobs long after they've been replaced, getting close to (and possibly beyond) their expiration time.

There is in fact no reliable way for mining software to know when previous jobs are in fact stale.
Stratum provides a hint, which works in one case (but not others). GBT also provides hints that cover some other cases (but not the one case stratum hints about).
BFGMiner will take these hints into account, but otherwise only assumes a job is stale if the previous-block-hash has changed (ie, the job is considered globally stale to the Bitcoin network).
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Can't hurt. Eligius doesn't pay for stale shares, but cgminer doesn't detect stale shares correctly anyway.

Could you please explain further? Specifically how cgminer doesn't do this correctly.

Thanks,
James
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll leave no-submit-stale set to false then. Smiley
legendary
Quick question: Can we / should we set cgminer to submit stale shares here? Do they count?

Thanks.
Activity: 157
Quick question: Can we / should we set cgminer to submit stale shares here? Do they count?

Thanks.
Activity: 368

Latency becomes an issue when you solo mine and you have to make sure it is all set up correctly otherwise you could be working on old work and never solve a block(I hope I said that right).

Could you explain this concept a little more, perhaps with examples for use in BFGMiner? TIA.

PS: Please, anyone, feel free to comment on this idea.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
What's up with the timezone on the My Eligius stats page? Seems to be GMT. How can I change it to CET?

Move to civilisation.  Tongue
Activity: 248
Merit: 252
Thanks for the reply, that cleared things up a bit.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
So what's the deal with "maximum reward"? Is that money ever coming to me? I just sold all my mining rigs, and my "maximum reward" is 0.14 BTC more than "everpaid", with balance = 0.

You might, but it depends on the luck of the pool.  Your "missing" coin is in shelved shares right now.  Each lucky block will unbury some shelved shares (and maybe get to some of yours), while each unlucky block will pile more shelved shares on top of yours.   See the CPPSRB page for more info:

http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Capped_PPS_with_Recent_Backpay
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
What's up with the timezone on the My Eligius stats page? Seems to be GMT. How can I change it to CET?
So what's the deal with "maximum reward"? Is that money ever coming to me? I just sold all my mining rigs, and my "maximum reward" is 0.14 BTC more than "everpaid", with balance = 0.

Can someone please answer this?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
started mit my jupiters 4 days ago on eligius.

my miners have found 3 blocks so far...
You are mining at about 3200 GH/s...

splendid answer, thank you !

Heh! Mined 2 blocks for the pool with one single jupiter so far (for a small fraction of it of course).

Thanks for all the hard work keeping things stable wizkid! This pool rocks!
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Greetings miners,

Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been busy all around with pool and non-pool projects.

Biggest thing has been this annoying stratum application layer DoS that we've been getting hit with periodically.  I've gotten an upstream trigger and filtering system in place for it, and it works, but sometimes takes up to a minute to kick in, lagging stratum connections in the meantime.  A minute isn't all that bad, considering, but, I'm working on finding a better solution.

I migrated services off of one of my dedicated servers (not pool related) and consolidated them with another server (also not pool related) to make room for more power for the pool.
I've added this server on as additional handling for stratum connections, and it seems to be working nicely so far.  In an effort to not disconnect anyone I've just let it be and I figure eventually my load balancing setup will balance it across both servers pretty evenly.

I'll be making improvements to the stats and such in the near future also, mostly related to individual worker stats and worker-down notification stuff.

Stay tuned, and thanks for mining!

Smiley

-wk

http://abitcoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
started mit my jupiters 4 days ago on eligius.

my miners have found 3 blocks so far.  Shocked

eligius has paid me

"everpaid" 26.46

"unpaid + everpaid" = 31.32

but: "maximum reward" 36.84

will i get maximum reward ever ? why is the spread so large ? (it seems to be smaller with other pool members)

does this further mean i would sit on 75 btc if i had mined alone and is this (bad) luck ?

You are mining at about 3200 GH/s so if you were solo mining at the previous difficulty (it just went up) you would generate a block every 3 days. Now this is an estimate it may take you 5 days to solve a block and then 1 day for the next this refers to variance (or luck as some call it). So NO chances are you would not be sitting on 75 BTC more likely you would have solved one block by yourself and be sitting on 25 BTC but who knows the variance could work in your favor and you could have more. Latency becomes an issue when you solo mine and you have to make sure it is all set up correctly otherwise you could be working on old work and never solve a block(I hope I said that right).  We (the pool) are all being served work and work served to someone else is work you don't have to do so I wouldn't look at it as you (your miner) solved three blocks but rather the pool did. Based on my math you should have about 33.6 BTC with 3200 GH/s for 4 days, so when you figure some variance (luck if you so desire) you are right where you should be. Pooled mining doesn't cut into your income (except for fees and there are none here) it cuts down on your variance, your income over a given period of time would be the same whether you are pool mining or solo mining.

splendid answer, thank you !
Pages:
Jump to: