Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 87. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
Seems like it's gone down. At first I thought it was the knc datacenter. Saw most of the knc miners go down. And then few minutes later, everyone else slowly going down also.

Ddos or routing/server issues?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Did Eligius just go down? All my clients (in different geographical locations) simultaneously disconnected from Eligius and is unable to reconnect.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
*sigh*  So much hate.

Anyway, unless someone has a better plan, I'm going to continue with this one and we'll see how it goes.  Maybe someone can talk bitcointalk into making an Eligius sub-forum?  Roll Eyes

-wk

No hate, just frustration because abitcoin.org just doesn't work. I CANNOT REGISTER; NO VERIFICATION EMAIL RECEIVED. You being the only user listed on the forum is because no one else can register. Please have the forum host fix it.

I'm not sure what you did differently but I was able to register, upload an avatar (uh oh) and change the settings to my profile with ease. I personally would prefer to have an alternative source to go to if there is another blackout here. Maybe check your spam folder...
Activity: 368
Merit: 100
*sigh*  So much hate.

Anyway, unless someone has a better plan, I'm going to continue with this one and we'll see how it goes.  Maybe someone can talk bitcointalk into making an Eligius sub-forum?  ::)

-wk

No hate, just frustration because abitcoin.org just doesn't work. I CANNOT REGISTER; NO VERIFICATION EMAIL RECEIVED. You being the only user listed on the forum is because no one else can register. Please have the forum host fix it.
mjb
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Hi, I also get the "Signature fails!" message every time I try to change my settings. Does anyone else have this problem again?

My bad...it has been working all along. An error message such as "you are signing with the wrong address, idiot" would be nice though  Wink
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good

Hi, I also get the "Signature fails!" message every time I try to change my settings. Does anyone else have this problem again?

Hi,
You can verify that the problem is not with you here:
http://brainwallet.org/#verify

You should get your mining address as a result.

best
2GOOD
Activity: 237
any estimated timeframe when min diff entry will work?
mjb
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I am using the standard QT wallet for this also.

EDIT: signature fails every time.

It looks like the bitcoind used to verify the signatures on the web server crashed for some reason last night.  Please try again!  Thanks.

-wk

Activity: 168
I can't even see how this is a bad thing. It's almost like wizkid057 is being asked to never speak of Eligius outside this one thread? Is he allowed to make a reddit post? Is he allowed to discuss it on bitcoin.stackexchange.com?

I think it is more reasonable that he is free to use his own time representing Eligius across multiple venues.
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
*sigh*  So much hate.

Anyway, unless someone has a better plan, I'm going to continue with this one and we'll see how it goes.  Maybe someone can talk bitcointalk into making an Eligius sub-forum?  Roll Eyes

-wk
No hate here, just disappointment.  I like the subforum idea, and would like to have access to a secondary forum in case of future attacks.  However, the points I made should be important to anyone advertising a service (even if it is not for profit, more users is generally considered better).  As someone who could potentially draw a bigger audience to that forum, you might be able to get get them to better support an international audience.  OTOH, if they are actually US-based, how much redundancy do they really provide?
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
*sigh*  So much hate.

-wk

Activity: 807
Announcements on a forum with basically zero users?   Huh

Quote:
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

That'd be me then...
As if that weren't bad enough, I never got a registration e-mail (yes, I tried having it resent).  The e-mail address I prefer to use is on some US RBLs that don't care about the international community, and only a REALLY crappy e-mail provider blocks outbound e-mail based on RBLs anyway (you have to be kinda crappy to use RBLs at all, they are basically mafia-esque anyway).  In other words, this "better" forum might not support an international audience all that well, and to keep complaining, there is no help other than the generic FAQ for those who aren't logged in.  Can't login to look for help if I can't register, can I?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Announcements on a forum with basically zero users?   Huh

Quote:
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

That'd be me then...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I don't understand how Eligius supporting another part(?) of the Bitcoin community is in any way detracting from here.
This thread would continue to be clutter-ish, even without the other forum.

It's just a practical matter. I won't be leaving Eligius because of that, but honestly I already invest a huge amount of time on this forum and I'd prefer not to follow another one. I assume many feel the same.
legendary
Well, I'm out, if this pool is refusing to be a part of this huge segment of the bitcoin community.

I will continue to post here in this thread and post links to my actual announcements and such here as long as I feel it may be needed, but I would like to shift Eligius forum-based discussions to abitcoin.org.
-wk

Unfortunately, and most notably given the recent events at this forum, I feel it is prudent to not rely as heavily on only one resource.  While this may be the largest and most popular bitcoin-related forum, it is not the only or best show in town.  This forum is cluttered, has been hacked several times, remained hacked for something like a year, and just has a distinct lack of organization when it comes to topics like this one.

I've decided to support another bitcoin related forum in the community as well as continue to post here as I mentioned earlier.  No where did I say I refuse to be a part of bitcointalk.

Why that would offend anyone, I'm at a loss...
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I don't understand how Eligius supporting another part(?) of the Bitcoin community is in any way detracting from here.
This thread would continue to be clutter-ish, even without the other forum.
Activity: 504
Well, I'm out, if this pool is refusing to be a part of this huge segment of the bitcoin community.
legendary
As part of my effort to do away with this giant unorganized thread, I will be posting updates to the Eligius subforum at abitcoin.org.

http://abitcoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24

That is unfortunate.  I really don't want to have to follow yet another forum.  Why don't you just start another thread here?

Sorry you feel that way.  Unfortunately making announcements and updates that are Eligius specific in new threads on this forum would likely just get lost in troll-noise.  On abitcoin.org folks can simply subscribe to the entire Eligius subforum if they want updates and such, and, as the pool-op, I can moderate the Eligius sub-forum as needed to weed out misinformation or general off-topic postings which tend to make up the majority of posts here on bitcointrolltalk...

I will continue to post here in this thread and post links to my actual announcements and such here as long as I feel it may be needed, but I would like to shift Eligius forum-based discussions to abitcoin.org.

-wk
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
As part of my effort to do away with this giant unorganized thread, I will be posting updates to the Eligius subforum at abitcoin.org.

http://abitcoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24

That is unfortunate.  I really don't want to have to follow yet another forum.  Why don't you just start another thread here?
legendary

https://abitcoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24
Pages:
Jump to: