Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 93. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Thanks for the explanation. Wow 5000  shares a second, that brings up a question. At some point will this number get so high that a minimum difficulty be set on the miner's side so so much traffic isn't being sent?

I've long argued that all pools, not just Eligius, should increase their global minimum difficulty.

At some point, in my opinion, permitting difficulty-1 shares is not helpful because it does not provide feedback to end-line miners that the overall network difficulty is increasing.  CPU miners should be met with slowly increasing pool difficulty, just like the global bitcoin difficulty increases over time.

Slow, inefficient miners need that economic feedback from the system.

I will probably start off by increasing the global minimum difficulty to 2 soon.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
Thanks for the explanation. Wow 5000  shares a second, that brings up a question. At some point will this number get so high that a minimum difficulty be set on the miner's side so so much traffic isn't being sent?

I've long argued that all pools, not just Eligius, should increase their global minimum difficulty.

At some point, in my opinion, permitting difficulty-1 shares is not helpful because it does not provide feedback to end-line miners that the overall network difficulty is increasing.  CPU miners should be met with slowly increasing pool difficulty, just like the global bitcoin difficulty increases over time.

Slow, inefficient miners need that economic feedback from the system.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Thanks for the explanation. Wow 5000  shares a second, that brings up a question. At some point will this number get so high that a minimum difficulty be set on the miner's side so so much traffic isn't being sent?
legendary
stats broken or something?

the charts and hashrates dont seem to be updated for a few hours

That was a quick turnaround, Thanks WizKid057.

Reward system paused for a fail safe that hadn't been hit before.  

Technical:  The database sometimes has a few rows of shares out of order (database id not in sequence with the actual share time) because we're running multiple instances of eloipool.  It is pretty normal with the amount of traffic we have (something like 5000 shares per second).  The CPPSRB code compensates for this internally, so, its generally not a big deal.  Earlier a share ended up out of order by more than the defined margin for error in the code and the reward system paused automatically as a precaution, pending my verification and intervention.  Once I double checked everything and saw that there was no real issue, aside from this one share being a bit more delayed than normal in being put into the database, I allowed it to resume and it caught up within about 20 minutes.

-wk
That was a quick turnaround, Thanks WizKid057.
Activity: 294
stats broken or something?

the charts and hashrates dont seem to be updated for a few hours
I could be mistaken here but I don't think my unpaid balance and the others were updated after the last block was found. I only noticed because it was such a long round.

Edit: Maybe the last 2 blocks found have not been added...
Activity: 294
What a lucky streak lately!! Lets keep it up. Smiley
legendary
The pool estimates your hash rate based on the number of shares submitted.  There is no other way to know your hash rate pool-side.
X-Mining-Hashrate header <.<

Rephrase: There is no other reliable and trusted way to know your hash rate pool-side. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
The pool estimates your hash rate based on the number of shares submitted.  There is no other way to know your hash rate pool-side.
X-Mining-Hashrate header <.<
legendary
is there any possibility to monitor the hashrate directly by the pool ?

thx

The pool estimates your hash rate based on the number of shares submitted.  There is no other way to know your hash rate pool-side.

This information is exposed via the stats pages already, as well as in various APIs.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
is there any possibility to monitor the hashrate directly by the pool ?

thx
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Yep, GYGAFO.  Roll Eyes

(Get Your Gear And F*** Off)
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
WinTame2012,

On behalf of everyone else who is just checking for updates on Eligius and don't care about you trying to save face on your basic misunderstanding of how CPPSRB works, please just stop trolling here. This thread isn't about you.

legendary

Since you're not mining here and are not supporting the pool, please stop trolling this thread with your nonsense.

-wk

Very userfriendly and polite. "Even if you've mined and supported pool for along time before - you are used and owned, just GFY now."

Yet another waste of time post.
Activity: 315
Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

Since you're not mining here and are not supporting the pool, please stop trolling this thread with your nonsense.

-wk
Very userfriendly and polite. "Even if you've mined and supported pool for along time before - you are used and owned, just GFY now."
legendary
wizkid057, what do you think about exposing the "Never send me non-generated coins, even if it means I need to wait longer" option to the My Eligius config?

That actually is in the works already. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I see, thanks for the answer... I though that this is the "reserve"
https://blockchain.info/address/18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B
This address is part of a shared offline wallet, so not all the funds are necessarily Eligius's.
When wizkid057 does manual payouts, it often comes from my hot wallet, leaving the actual block subsidy in the offline wallet.

wizkid057, what do you think about exposing the "Never send me non-generated coins, even if it means I need to wait longer" option to the My Eligius config?
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
Hey what about the reserve... AFAIK when the pool is lucky the extra coins are stored in cold storage and manually redistributed... is that correct ?!

Technically yes, but there are enough pool-wide shelved shares to ensure that the pool is not likely to have any "reserve" and time soon.

-wk

*snip* I think its time to release those backup coins to the masses

The point I was making is that there are no coins to 'release to the masses'.  The pool has not had sufficient luck for building a reserve in some time now.

-wk

I see, thanks for the answer... I though that this is the "reserve"
https://blockchain.info/address/18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B

I think that Eligius is a great pool and it deserves more power, especially with features like merged mining and 0% fee
legendary
Hey what about the reserve... AFAIK when the pool is lucky the extra coins are stored in cold storage and manually redistributed... is that correct ?!

Technically yes, but there are enough pool-wide shelved shares to ensure that the pool is not likely to have any "reserve" and time soon.

-wk

*snip* I think its time to release those backup coins to the masses

The point I was making is that there are no coins to 'release to the masses'.  The pool has not had sufficient luck for building a reserve in some time now.

-wk
Pages:
Jump to: