Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 101. (Read 163654 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
October 13, 2015, 05:37:19 AM
In some coins the Developer takes a pre-mine - free coins to
use for development or in some cases, just to dump on the market.

In the case of FLY, the premine was 150,000 coins which was for a swap of
ROS for FLY. Each individual in the swap received a proportion of Fly relative
to the ROS they swapped. The developer only recevied coins for the ROS he swapped.

Any coins Vegas is selling are those he earned by exchanging ROS. Perhaps I am mistaken
but, the tone of some posts refers to a premine as though Coins were created and taken by .
the dev. All Fly coins were distributed and posted in the ann at time of the ROS swap.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
October 13, 2015, 03:53:08 AM
Owning this coin is a no brainer in my opinion. You have vegasguy bringing together some of the best and most trusted devs and players in the crypto scene; You have a coin based on the specs of DMD, which has consistently been one of the highest performers in my portfolio (somehow it keeps maintaining its value, despite a 50% stake rate); you have a focused strategy for maintaining the price and a dev who posts every day like a crypto obsessed maniac.  Cheesy

I wish I'd heard about it earlier, but I bought up some FLY this week and plan to buy even more into the dips (if they ever happen!). Trust is the most valuable commodity in crypto, and while nothing is guaranteed, FLY looks to be as good as it gets in that department.

nice to read so nice words aout DMD outside the DMD thread
sometimes i wish more of that silents followers state their opiniojn about DMD inside the DMD thread too

didnt even know u are a DMD investor by name Wink
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
October 13, 2015, 03:50:40 AM
I respect the developers of different coins, but nevertheless I want to say.
Why do some developers still continue to create coins with a 100% premine** ?
They are trying to replicate the success of other coins and distribute their empty coins through various forums, leaving most of the coins in his pocket, in the hope that after a while people will forget about the fact that the creation of these coins in the air and begin to buy them?
 Is it looks your way to success?
 If your coin would be fair, your path would start from scratch. not premine** and not mineable* without artificial capitalization.
Just look at the site http://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/ you see how many of these have already been created ** and * coins 
Not really You want to find another bunch of people who want to give their Bitcoins for bright wrappers from candy eaten by you? 

u are a high respected member of DMD team
and i understand that ur personal ruleset of coins to invest exclude any premined coin

we had this talk a few times already and i wont go through it again

in my opinion

not premine yes/no alone decide about quality and serious longterm effort of devs

but yes u are right

premine always means have a closer look
in the past there where just to many coins with 1000000 million coins minded over 10 years and a tiny 1% premine for PR and dev funding
which didnt sound bad but in fact u had a coin where the DEV premine was far over 50% of existing coins because all the other theretical coins that would be mined in 10 years not yet mined

this is a classical setup for coins where dev disappear a few weeks after release of coin once he got a nice exchange with a nice price
he sell premine and i will never read a word from him again

this happend and we all know that stories
and some of us in their early days even got burned by this

now if u look at FLY its a different story
its no anonymous dev we know who stand behind the coin he is longterm active in cryptobusiness and no socketpup

and all the premine have a purpose

what we see here is more like a delayed IPO
where even after coin launch still as described in ANN posting
special trusted people can join in below marketprice by following a clever set up coin support ruleset
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
October 13, 2015, 03:16:56 AM
They are trying to replicate the success of other coins and distribute their empty coins through various forums, leaving most of the coins in his pocket, in the hope that after a while people will forget about the fact that the creation of these coins in the air and begin to buy them?
 If your coin would be fair, your path would start from scratch. not premine** and not mineable* without artificial capitalization.
Just look at the site http://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/ you see how many of these have already been created ** and * coins 
Not really You want to find another bunch of people who want to give their Bitcoins for bright wrappers from candy eaten by you? 

I am sorry for you to miss that chance to mine some fly Wink. And a big amount of fly was from Ros swap...so, no 100% premine...have u ever read the OP here?
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
Meow
October 13, 2015, 02:15:50 AM
Owning this coin is a no brainer in my opinion. You have vegasguy bringing together some of the best and most trusted devs and players in the crypto scene; You have a coin based on the specs of DMD, which has consistently been one of the highest performers in my portfolio (somehow it keeps maintaining its value, despite a 50% stake rate); you have a focused strategy for maintaining the price and a dev who posts every day like a crypto obsessed maniac.  Cheesy

I wish I'd heard about it earlier, but I bought up some FLY this week and plan to buy even more into the dips (if they ever happen!). Trust is the most valuable commodity in crypto, and while nothing is guaranteed, FLY looks to be as good as it gets in that department.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
October 12, 2015, 11:50:19 PM
By Premine, Vegas is referring to the coins for the Swap from ROS Coin to FlyCoin.
All coins were earned by: Swapping ROS, Mining POW or, now FLY POS.
There were no free coins to anyone.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
October 12, 2015, 10:07:04 PM
I mined most of the fly that's in my wallet so how could it be  100% premine

I think he is just talking about the coins that are premine, and I agree, their prices are artificial.

Vegas
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
October 12, 2015, 09:41:49 PM
I mined most of the fly that's in my wallet so how could it be  100% premine
October 12, 2015, 09:36:18 PM
Richlist is not showing the right amount that's in my  wallet .

Wallet shows 244.17728955 spendable and 248.20259349 total balance.  It's been in the wallet for  just about 7 days 11 more hr's and it well be 7 day's

31    Daveeoff    FN5mFqwze67eqaFX3xSCJZxbKdQDmwsavr    242.82 FLY (1.7 BTC)    1.04 FLY (0.0 BTC)    0.15 %    0.001 %

The explorer is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. I try to make it as good as possible, but sometimes an orphan slips through, or a certain type of transaction is accounted wrong. In this case it looks like the explorer was correct afterall, but I am always available to contact if you spot something that looks wrong.
I found out what it was the  1.36112284   was sitting at FJbJ6yj2iuEvWjPehuzszjZicgJfWTzMeX  found it . Thanks!!!! you guys are right on top of thing's and are willing  to take time and answer questions.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
October 12, 2015, 08:18:01 PM
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
October 12, 2015, 06:38:25 PM

Wallet shows 244.17728955 spendable and 248.20259349 total balance.  It's been in the wallet for  just about 7 days 11 more hr's and it well be 7 day's

31    Daveeoff    FN5mFqwze67eqaFX3xSCJZxbKdQDmwsavr    242.82 FLY (1.7 BTC)    1.04 FLY (0.0 BTC)    0.15 %    0.001 %

The explorer is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. I try to make it as good as possible, but sometimes an orphan slips through, or a certain type of transaction is accounted wrong. In this case it looks like the explorer was correct afterall, but I am always available to contact if you spot something that looks wrong.
Activity: 1064
MOBU
October 12, 2015, 06:28:11 PM
Just wondering,

I have 9 small transactions totaling 0.72139984 from mid Sept. to the end of POW (Sept.30th) which haven't confirmed yet. Is this normal and will they confirm before the end of Oct.?

Thanks,

CapnBDL
      Cool

edit: I see the market cap has been doubled. This coin must be FLYing. (sorry, couldn't help myself).
Also, as explained previously, I AM in the middle of my unwanted coin sell-off. Will PM vegasguy as soon as I get it accomplished.
October 12, 2015, 05:34:31 PM

Better check your coincontrol panel if the coins are really in one address  Wink

That was it thanks
legendary
October 12, 2015, 05:28:33 PM

Presstab controls the Richlist. Please PM him.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1526
Chipcoin Developer
October 12, 2015, 05:28:09 PM

Better check your coincontrol panel if the coins are really in one address  Wink
legendary
October 12, 2015, 05:27:21 PM
A quick note about the fork for any of you guys that don't read to deep into the source code Smiley

Here is what the current difficulty looks like.

As you can see difficulty is stuck at the lower bound of 0.00390. It comes up sometimes, but it doesnt adjust down enough like it needs to. After the fork, the coin weight calculation changes to increase by 100 times. This means that everyone will have 100 times more weight, and that all at once a bunch of coins will be much more competitive staking. This will lead to a huge increase of difficulty. To add to this, the block target spacing will increase from 2 minutes to 5 minutes. I am guessing that this will put FLY's difficulty on the path to 100 or so. The fork *should* provide a very well working difficulty adjustment, a long term chain with 5 minute blocks that isn't going to eat up anyone's ram or cpu, and a secure network.

As always I will stand by with my QR code (quick response code) in case anything needs to be adjusted Wink

Thank you Sir!!!

Vegas

I know many of you with smaller wallets are not staking as easy as you could. The upcoming fork will help.
October 12, 2015, 05:21:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
October 12, 2015, 05:18:01 PM
Confirmed   Grin
legendary
October 12, 2015, 12:49:08 PM
Ok ok - I am interested.  Grin - I have been on the sidelines but am seeing more and more of my fellow DMD'ers joining Fly.  Quick question - can I actually mine Fly or is POW over?  Also, what would a 1 BTC private purchase save me from the exchange and/or 2 BTC?  Please advise.

Thanks,
-pokeytex

Pow has ended. I will PM you discounts on private sales. FLY can be bought on Yobit, or privatley from me at a discount starting at 25% and up, depending on how much BTC you put in. All BTC gets sent to yobit and is used to buy up the price.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1504
October 12, 2015, 12:45:50 PM
Ok ok - I am interested.  Grin - I have been on the sidelines but am seeing more and more of my fellow DMD'ers joining Fly.  Quick question - can I actually mine Fly or is POW over?  Also, what would a 1 BTC private purchase save me from the exchange and/or 2 BTC?  Please advise.

Thanks,
-pokeytex
Pages:
Jump to: