Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 33. (Read 163654 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
December 08, 2015, 03:56:32 PM
To solve the dump problem I have an (maybe really stupid) idea. Why not create your own exchange, and ask to exchanges that trade FLY to delist it ? This way the only way to trade it would be to use FlyExchange. There you could set up the rules you want, like prohibition to trade too big amounts, restrictions on withdraws and deposits etc.

Have u concrete examples? Would appreciate it, to read about ur proposals!

Greetz
Meta

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
December 08, 2015, 03:51:02 PM
To solve the dump problem I have an (maybe really stupid) idea. Why not create your own exchange, and ask to exchanges that trade FLY to delist it ? This way the only way to trade it would be to use FlyExchange. There you could set up the rules you want, like prohibition to trade too big amounts, restrictions on withdraws and deposits etc.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
December 08, 2015, 03:25:53 PM
Solution:
add another address type to the enum in CBitcoinAddress class in base58.h
have the wallet running in an exchangewallet mode use that enum for addresses, the addresses from exchange wallets using this selection from the enum will use a different address formatting than standard user wallet so they are easily identifiable by the network. the new exchange addresses will have a different and for the most part higher fee structure when receiving coins but be exempt from fees when sending coins. since all wallets will have the code there is no need for special nodes.

this solves the free withdrawl problem, and keeps the anti-dumping system in place.

problem solved

EDIT: when sending from an exchange address to another exchange address. the higher fees when recieving would overrule the free sending. This prevents people from the incentive to run thier own wallets in exchange mode and prevents moving around from exchange to exchange to manipulate the market (or something like that)

So we will begin to implement this, and if/when it works, bounty will be paid.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
December 08, 2015, 02:53:56 PM
Solution:
add another address type to the enum in CBitcoinAddress class in base58.h
have the wallet running in an exchangewallet mode use that enum for addresses, the addresses from exchange wallets using this selection from the enum will use a different address formatting than standard user wallet so they are easily identifiable by the network. the new exchange addresses will have a different and for the most part higher fee structure when receiving coins but be exempt from fees when sending coins. since all wallets will have the code there is no need for special nodes.

this solves the free withdrawl problem, and keeps the anti-dumping system in place.

problem solved

EDIT: when sending from an exchange address to another exchange address. the higher fees when recieving would overrule the free sending. This prevents people from the incentive to run thier own wallets in exchange mode and prevents moving around from exchange to exchange to manipulate the market (or something like that)
legendary
December 08, 2015, 02:02:59 PM
Ok we may have someone that has solved this. We need time to code and test, then bounty paid.  Please hold ideas.

Thanks
Activity: 245
Merit: 100
December 08, 2015, 01:58:01 PM
Hmmm... Maybe spend some time and generate special wallets for Cryptopia?
For example, starting with FeXCH or like this. Then, all Cryptopia wallets should be connected to the only one node (for example, the one running SuperFLY wallet).
This node will check only this kind of addresses and operate transactions and send the fee to the destination wallet without fees.

This may sound really stupid, I know

Its not stupid. There are no stupid ideas here. This was a great idea actually and was talked about a lot as an idea in team fly thread, but I will have to look and see why it was not used.

Vegas

Vegas, can't you just do a simple "if, then" in the code. So if X amount of coins are sent, then X amount goes to address X (Superfly).

OR, why not an adaptation of Multisend and have amounts hardcoded? So you send between 1-1000 you pay X amount of coins to address X. You send 1000 -2000 X and so on.

OR, just have a flat rate tax on all transactions no matter where they are sent. Prolly the easiest to do IMO.

OR, two wallets (One for sending only and one for receiving only) combined to look as one GUI? Can you even split the code? Don't know anything about that.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
December 08, 2015, 01:21:01 PM
just throwing my idea: put a daily limit cap in wallet for sending coins out and maybe a function in wallet showing remaining daily limit. it should reset every day. receiving funds should remain without limitation. could work as a antidump system..
legendary
Activity: 1092
December 08, 2015, 01:20:07 PM

** It MUST EXEMPT EVERYONE from withdrawal fees from our exchange Crytopia. (THIS is really the challange, the other two we have completed), so focus here.**
(NOTE: MANY have suggested sending an "exchange wallet" to Crytopia with special settings. They have already agreed to accept this. But be careful. If its so different, it will be rejected by the network.

AND

It must exempt only one wallet from sending fees and that is superfly wallet (we have already accomplished this).

Your idea MUST work upon completion of the code to claim bounty.

Good luck.

Vegas

Question is your superfly wallet limited to only one address that can send out without the fee, or does it have multiple addresses that can send out without a fee?

Cool

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Yes. The answer is yes.
December 08, 2015, 01:08:42 PM
For example, starting with FeXCH or like this. Then, all Cryptopia wallets should be connected to the only one node (for example, the one running SuperFLY wallet).
This node will check only this kind of addresses and operate transactions and send the fee to the destination wallet without fees.

Its not stupid. There are no stupid ideas here. This was a great idea actually and was talked about a lot as an idea in team fly thread, but I will have to look and see why it was not used.

Vegas

Actually, you're wrong.  What you are doing here would be considered "stupid" by the MAJORITY of people.

This is not innovation.  This is some schmuck with a hobby who found a few bagholder followers.
legendary
Activity: 1400
December 08, 2015, 12:54:50 PM
This node will check only this kind of addresses and operate transactions and send coins to the destination wallet without fees. Also the Anti-Dumping system may be implemented here.
Everyone does a claim for addresses. They are need to be hard-coded into that node. If there was a big (>50%) withdraw from this wallet, the supernode (idk how to call it) will reject the transaction.
If supernode has rejected the transaction, other nodes will reject too. If confirmed, then other nodes will confirm it too.

^ this time I was hurrying haha.
So, here is my idea. Create and host a special node only for Cryptopia wallets. The node needs to be hardcoded, so all Cryptopia wallets will have connection to this only node (I guess, disable "node seeding"). This node (I will call it CN for short) will confirm all transaction going from/to Cryptopia wallets and just return paid fee to the destination wallet. Other nodes needs to "understand" and give priority to this node: if this node rejects a transaction (here an anti-dump system needs to be implemented), then all network needs to reject a transaction. This node needs to be for only Cryptopia wallets, if won't operate (using some filters, maybe) normal transactions from usual wallets (W for short), but if will be connected to another nodes (N for short) and "listening" for any in/out-coming transaction to Cryptopia wallets.

So, if user wants to send FLY to a non-exchange wallet, the transaction goes like this:
W -> N -> W.

If user wants to send his FLY to exchange, the transaction goes like this:
W -> N -> CN -> (exchange wallet)

I drew a picture for better understanding

there is no way to tell which transaction is a cryptopia wallet and which isnt when that CN node is processing things, also this leaves cryptopia with if that one node goes down they are stuck. they are now relying on one node to keep the chain synced. and that one node now has to keep the same rules as the rest of the nodes in the block chain otherwise it wont sync itself either. i like the idea but i feel cutting down the nodes to get to an exchange is a coin killing idea. thank you for the input though!

the code for all wallets should be kept the same (meaning there shouldnt be a special wallet for any 1 node or exchange) so the situation can be duplicated by another exchange at any time in the future
legendary
December 08, 2015, 11:47:21 AM

Vegas
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
December 08, 2015, 11:42:31 AM
This node will check only this kind of addresses and operate transactions and send coins to the destination wallet without fees. Also the Anti-Dumping system may be implemented here.
Everyone does a claim for addresses. They are need to be hard-coded into that node. If there was a big (>50%) withdraw from this wallet, the supernode (idk how to call it) will reject the transaction.
If supernode has rejected the transaction, other nodes will reject too. If confirmed, then other nodes will confirm it too.

^ this time I was hurrying haha.
So, here is my idea. Create and host a special node only for Cryptopia wallets. The node needs to be hardcoded, so all Cryptopia wallets will have connection to this only node (I guess, disable "node seeding"). This node (I will call it CN for short) will confirm all transaction going from/to Cryptopia wallets and just return paid fee to the destination wallet. Other nodes needs to "understand" and give priority to this node: if this node rejects a transaction (here an anti-dump system needs to be implemented), then all network needs to reject a transaction. This node needs to be for only Cryptopia wallets, if won't operate (using some filters, maybe) normal transactions from usual wallets (W for short), but if will be connected to another nodes (N for short) and "listening" for any in/out-coming transaction to Cryptopia wallets.

So, if user wants to send FLY to a non-exchange wallet, the transaction goes like this:
W -> N -> W.

If user wants to send his FLY to exchange, the transaction goes like this:
W -> N -> CN -> (exchange wallet)

I drew a picture for better understanding

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
December 08, 2015, 11:11:38 AM
ok lets see if i got the requirements right:
every send transaction should have high fees
only a send transaction to and from exchange gateway address not

i mean thats easy stuff
so just add for superfly and exchange gateway that rules

transactions to and from thats addresses have no extra fees
people who deposit at a exchange dont send to the exchange gateway they send to their address at exchange

so they pay the fee
exchange if people withdraw send to the gateway address with no extra fees from internal addresses (like cold or hotwallet)(edited)
and from gateway to the guy who withdraw with no extra fees

any exchange task that need move coins can be done without extra fees
just always utilize the exchange gateway

to flag what is a exchange gateway address u can hardcode them into wallet (most easy way but not flexible)
i suggest add a few more addresses on reserve u can hand their private key to new exchanges without need to do a wallet hardfork
its minimal security risc for them that u know the key the gateway should never hold coins just forward them

u know my FLY address for 50% of bounty see the rest as donation to superfly

edit:

i spend now a bit time to try find exploits and sideffects

change can be tricky
if u make whole tx flagged as no extra fee it can be abused to send only a part to a gateway and the main transaction via custom change address to somewhere else

if u flag fee or not for each destination including change
that fix that

but it also mean that the change part of a free withdraw pay higher tx fees
exchange can solve this by send the change to gateway to
and later back from exchange to their hot or coldwallet

so its all solveable

but it need some work from exchange and im not sure they will spend that time at least not without some love
legendary
December 08, 2015, 10:33:02 AM
Bounty updated to CHOICE of :

500 FLY ($1000)

or

140 LTC ($500)

to solve this riddle.

Even if you dont code, throw out ideas, if it works, we will code it, and YOU will get paid.

Make it official that it was YOUR idea by posting it here!!

Now EVERYONE can participate!

Thanks!

Vegas

i love competition

can u lay out exact the requirement to claim the bounty
so whats the target mechanic what it must achieve exactly

i case i would win i give have of bounty into superfly  Cool

Thank you for pointing this out:

The goal: your idea must be able to accomplish this:

The "antidump system" must be able to charge SENDING fees, but NOT WITHDRAWAL fees as per our tx system on our op. (We have completed the SENDING fees, but NOT exempting withdrawal fees from Crytopia)

AND

** It MUST EXEMPT EVERYONE from withdrawal fees from our exchange Crytopia. (THIS is really the challange, the other two we have completed), so focus here.**
(NOTE: MANY have suggested sending an "exchange wallet" to Crytopia with special settings. They have already agreed to accept this. But be careful. If its so different, it will be rejected by the network.

AND

It must exempt only one wallet from sending fees and that is superfly wallet (we have already accomplished this).

Your idea MUST work upon completion of the code to claim bounty.

Good luck.

Vegas

legendary
December 08, 2015, 10:27:10 AM

500 FLY ($1000)

or

140 LTC ($500)

to solve this riddle.

Even if you dont code, throw out ideas, if it works, we will code it, and YOU will get paid.

Thanks!

Vegas

i love competition

can u lay out exact the requirement to claim the bounty
so whats the target mechanic what it must achieve exactly

i case i would win i give have of bounty into superfly  Cool
legendary
December 08, 2015, 10:20:04 AM

500 FLY ($1000)

or

140 LTC ($500)

to solve this riddle.

Thanks!

Vegas
legendary
December 08, 2015, 10:17:36 AM
--500 FLY BOUNTY ($1000) to any dev that can implement our "antidump"--

Aren't there skilled FLY devs working on it?

They are, and ive already spoken to 4 other very skilled devs, and they said this task is incredibly difficult. Most devs I spoke to refused to even try, thats why the bounty is so large. Im confident there is SOMEONE out there that can pull this off.  So Im bringing in more help.

Vegas

you wont get any help because the currency your paying in has absolutely 0 value outside of your tiny group of fanboys.

Wonderful suggestion!! Love it. Keep the great ideas coming. I will now offer choice of 140 LTC ($500) or 500 FLY ($1000) for bounty.

Thanks for your great suggestion!!

Vegas
legendary
December 08, 2015, 10:14:07 AM
Someone will solve this im sure. Even if you cant code or dont have the time to code, you can STILL earn this bounty by posting your answer, and if we feel it can truly work, we will try it and you WILL get paid. 12 team members that chat in slack will make sure of that. So if you understand the engine behind coins, throw out your ideas. No judgments, and I will deal with people that put negative judgement on other people suggestions. Throw out your ideas. It could be worth your time.

and yes someone already made a good suggestion, I should keep my fly as its so valuable and give a CHOICE of 140 LTC or 500 FLY.

SO they can choose to accept $500 of LTC if they dont see the value in fly. I would actually prefer this , but their choice.

Vegas.

legendary
December 08, 2015, 09:54:42 AM
If I understand correctly,
Please correct me if not right.

Your antidumping system will punish offenders by removing 10 % upon sending.
It seems to me the graduated scale & wanting to exclude some wallets is causing some of the problems.

Here is an idea ,
Just Charge your 10% fee as a standard transaction fee on all blocks sent with say over 10 Fly ( Just threw 10 in for consideration , as you may prefer another number).
Any amount below 10 Fly (or whatever number you chose) is only charged 1% (or whatever you decide on) standard transaction fee.
All Transactions fees are redirected to your Superfly wallet.

Do not try and exclude the Superfly wallet address from the transaction fee, just when you distribute fly , send an additional 10% , as it will redirect back into the superfly wallet anyway.

As far as the exchange goes, they can just post the warning of how much fly will be deducted upon sending either 1% or 10% of withdrawal.
Since it is a transaction fee , it should not drain away anything from the stakers unless they send it out.
Tip : If you want to merge blocks with fly and have like 1000 flys in 50 blocks, don't sent the 1000 all into 1 block by sending the 1000,
select the 50 blocks and send out like .000001 , this will merge the blocks but not charge you the antidumping transaction fee.

Any way , just an idea , Hope it Helps.

Cool

FYI:
Or to make it even simpler only charge 10% fee as a standard transaction fee for everything and no other rates.
Oh and the People in your Elite list, you can just resend them the 10 % fee from their sends from the superfly wallet.
You may want to make that like a Weekly or Monthly refund so it does not overload your time.

there is at least 2 way abuse that ruleset but beside that nice try

the second way u wrote in edit is what i suggest too
make it normal high tx fees for everyone the normal way TX work
this way exchanges can easy handle them
still a problem that stay is what happens with exhange who used to run a coldwallet hotwallet setup
move coins between them would be very expensive
legendary
Activity: 1092
December 07, 2015, 10:36:59 PM
If I understand correctly,
Please correct me if not right.

Your antidumping system will punish offenders by removing 10 % upon sending.
It seems to me the graduated scale & wanting to exclude some wallets is causing some of the problems.

Here is an idea ,
Just Charge your 10% fee as a standard transaction fee on all blocks sent with say over 10 Fly ( Just threw 10 in for consideration , as you may prefer another number).
Any amount below 10 Fly (or whatever number you chose) is only charged 1% (or whatever you decide on) standard transaction fee.
All Transactions fees are redirected to your Superfly wallet.

Do not try and exclude the Superfly wallet address from the transaction fee, just when you distribute fly , send an additional 10% , as it will redirect back into the superfly wallet anyway.

As far as the exchange goes, they can just post the warning of how much fly will be deducted upon sending either 1% or 10% of withdrawal.
Since it is a transaction fee , it should not drain away anything from the stakers unless they send it out.
Tip : If you want to merge blocks with fly and have like 1000 flys in 50 blocks, don't sent the 1000 all into 1 block by sending the 1000,
select the 50 blocks and send out like .000001 , this will merge the blocks but not charge you the antidumping transaction fee.

Any way , just an idea , Hope it Helps.

Cool

FYI:
Or to make it even simpler only charge 10% fee as a standard transaction fee for everything and no other rates.
Oh and the People in your Elite list, you can just resend them the 10 % fee from their sends from the superfly wallet.
You may want to make that like a Weekly or Monthly refund so it does not overload your time.
Pages:
Jump to: