Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 38. (Read 163654 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
December 03, 2015, 09:34:07 AM
Hi guys, i wan to share my idea about wallet.
As we can see, FlyCoin wallet is being updated oftenly, so everyone needs to check thread, look for the changes, download and replace the executable.
How about making an autoupdate option? When wallet starts then it needs to check for the latest versions, show some dialog with the changes and "Install" button.
We are making Fly better, and, IMHO, this option will make it much better and easier to use!
I 100% agree with this idea because I've only been in FLY for a short time and I've already had to update my wallet 3 times lol And especially with a POS coin I like to make sure that I'm always up to date so that I can maximize my staking rewards Smiley Cheers

Love the idea. I will add this to the list. It may not come right away as we have more important coding to be done, first. But rest assured I want this implemented. I know it has been done. Ive already messaged both devs to include this when they can.

Vegas
legendary
December 03, 2015, 09:09:21 AM
So I just tried to combine some of my inputs to the same address to help in staking, 205 coins in total.
The fee displayed in the wallet for doing so was zero and as soon as I submitted it, I lost 100 in fees to some random address.
I was charged 100 coins to send 205 coins to myself. wtf?

The address they were sent to is: FUvpVUAnEf9u4JPmVWymhV5o1BEvMQBcyP , I guess that's the superfly wallet?
My address: FEJAP8xQRzpWdqtUifpU4CCW9doiTHfZKv

Here is the transaction id: b73735de10c9126308258ebac8484f3350a1fd68d5d7393104f4dc920d34b7a3 but the block explorer isn't up to date so I cant even be sure of what the hell happened.

Totally shattered me. Took me ages to slowly accumulate those coins. You might want to fix that.

...and that is why your with FLY. Because even though we have our tech challenges, our integrity is the highest EVER in crypto. Refunded!! This issue passed to devs to fix.

Date: 12/3/2015 05:01
To: HiggsBosunBlues refund from Vegas FEJAP8xQRzpWdqtUifpU4CCW9doiTHfZKv
Debit: -100.00 FLY
Net amount: -100.00 FLY
Transaction ID: aed481a1109a9e0f12c17e33eb4e74d8a80c683ec1ba2f660fa956baf8736190

A small part of FLY is to remove your worries and concerns. Its a tough road right now, but those that keep the faith and stay as a strong group will find a massive rainbow at the top of the mountain we are climbing called trust. Its steep, and long and treacherous. The very top of summit is called Truth.

My job as  team leader is to make sure no one falls, or is left behind. I feel the road might be too much for some. But , Im still going to hold us together until we reach our goals.

Why would I purposefully take the hardest road?

I always do.

The reason:

It has the most rewards. Think about your own life for a moment. Think of the most difficult things youve chosen to do? Has it not had the most rewards?

Yes, I could have chosen the easy path, and cloned another coin, just like the other 1500+ altcoin, and been done. But I wanted better for all of us. YOU deserve better than the landfill of rubbish/trash that you been getting served.

I WILL deliver the highest quality and most respected crypto coin EVER!

Vegas

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
December 03, 2015, 07:53:20 AM
As we can see, FlyCoin wallet is being updated oftenly, so everyone needs to check thread, look for the changes, download and replace the executable.
How about making an autoupdate option? When wallet starts then it needs to check for the latest versions, show some dialog with the changes and "Install" button.
We are making Fly better, and, IMHO, this option will make it much better and easier to use!
I 100% agree with this idea because I've only been in FLY for a short time and I've already had to update my wallet 3 times lol And especially with a POS coin I like to make sure that I'm always up to date so that I can maximize my staking rewards Smiley Cheers
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
December 03, 2015, 07:52:00 AM
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
December 03, 2015, 04:11:53 AM
Will do Woody, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
December 03, 2015, 03:59:04 AM
So I just tried to combine some of my inputs to the same address to help in staking, 205 coins in total.
The fee displayed in the wallet for doing so was zero and as soon as I submitted it, I lost 100 in fees to some random address.

The address they were sent to is: FUvpVUAnEf9u4JPmVWymhV5o1BEvMQBcyP , I guess that's the superfly wallet?

Here is the transaction id: b73735de10c9126308258ebac8484f3350a1fd68d5d7393104f4dc920d34b7a3 but the block explorer isn't up to date so I cant even be sure of what the hell happened.

Totally shattered me. Took me ages to slowly accumulate those coins. You might want to fix that.
Please PM Vegas. He will have your back.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
December 03, 2015, 03:54:02 AM

legendary
December 02, 2015, 07:20:29 PM
Thanks for you critiques. I would like to reply:

There are other ways to test a coin besides from the testnet. One could setup a closed environment based on the current block chain or just start the blockchain from zero. For blocking older versions with version.h my answer would be "it depends". My opinion is that you cannot say in general that it would cause high resource consumption. It depends on what you change. For the other things you say I share presstabs thoughts.

Yes there definitely are other ways to test than testnet, and I actually prefer the 'private fork' method, which simulates the actual fork that would occur but just puts it on a private network.

Concerning high resource consumption with invalid peers, that has been my experience with certain forks. Unless you modify the ban rules on the chain, peers can continuously request new blocks from you over and over and your machine will send chunks of the same part of the chain to them over and over. Better to avoid this if possible. For Fly I already modified the code to handle this properly for previous forks, for new forks there would just be a few lines added to the version.h and a few changes to main.cpp. But if nobody is complaining about high resource consumption, I don't see a need to do this right away.

Yes. If 3 very skilled devs have all looked at these comments and say everything is good, then all is well with those areas.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
December 02, 2015, 07:17:36 PM

There are other ways to test a coin besides from the testnet. One could setup a closed environment based on the current block chain or just start the blockchain from zero. For blocking older versions with version.h my answer would be "it depends". My opinion is that you cannot say in general that it would cause high resource consumption. It depends on what you change. For the other things you say I share presstabs thoughts.

Yes there definitely are other ways to test than testnet, and I actually prefer the 'private fork' method, which simulates the actual fork that would occur but just puts it on a private network.

Concerning high resource consumption with invalid peers, that has been my experience with certain forks. Unless you modify the ban rules on the chain, peers can continuously request new blocks from you over and over and your machine will send chunks of the same part of the chain to them over and over. Better to avoid this if possible. For Fly I already modified the code to handle this properly for previous forks, for new forks there would just be a few lines added to the version.h and a few changes to main.cpp. But if nobody is complaining about high resource consumption, I don't see a need to do this right away.
legendary
December 02, 2015, 07:16:30 PM
hi team fly!

any bootstrap solutions?

Yes. Close flywallet. Copy this into your roaming/flycoin folder. Overwrite all files. This will take you to today. 3:00PM PST. with this peers.dat file, Im getting 30 connections. I will update op also.

www.bitcoinlasvegas.net/files/FlyCoin-blockchain-12-2-2015.rar

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1400
December 02, 2015, 07:14:24 PM
hi team fly!

any bootstrap solutions?

the blockchain is only 30k blocks long. it shouldnt take more than a few minutes to sync up anyway
Activity: 655
BXT BitToken - No premine - Fair launch
December 02, 2015, 06:41:49 PM
hi team fly!

any bootstrap solutions?
legendary
December 02, 2015, 05:46:20 PM
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm not here to help. And never will be either. Thank a few "team fly" members for that who decided all my posts we're rubbish a few pages back. The only one with a normal response was you and the guy with the woody woodpecker avatar.

Sorry, but I just want to get out now. A few members in this community are blinded and really cocky when it gets to critics about the code. I don't want to be part of such ignorance.

My apologies for the negative responses you received. In written commmunication, it is easy to read the tone of comments wrong and react negatively. I appreciate your positive suggestions to the code.

For any interested, I had the pleasure to know Walter Lantz, the creator of Woody Woodpecker, who was a wonderful and truely funny person. My avatar is a photo of an original oil painting Walter Lantz painted which hangs in my office. Walter was not just a legendary cartoonist buta highly skilled artist.
legendary
December 02, 2015, 05:39:08 PM
I am glad to a holder of this unique coin thanks to Vegasguy  I have no intention on selling any coins I have .....my goal is to get 5000 coin I'm in it  for a long hall keep up great work dev's ...

I also try to collect more FLY Wink
As I said earlier, vegas + community + keesdewit = Great Bright Future !

Thank you all for the criticisms, the suggestions and the support.
All of these will help us to get better.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
December 02, 2015, 05:19:36 PM
I am glad to a holder of this unique coin thanks to Vegasguy  I have no intention on selling any coins I have .....my goal is to get 5000 coin I'm in it  for a long hall keep up great work dev's ...

I also try to collect more FLY Wink
As I said earlier, vegas + community + keesdewit = Great Bright Future !
Activity: 851
Do You Even Onion Bro?
December 02, 2015, 04:20:57 PM
copper member
Activity: 1024
Merit: 513
txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange
December 02, 2015, 04:03:00 PM
Good critiques. Do have some questions about them though. (and don't worry I am not part of 'team fly')

Please, I would like to hear the explanation about this:
https://github.com/CoinProjects/Fly-coin/blob/master/src/main.h#L69 - No testnet guys? Roll Eyes
It is pretty normal for coins not to use a testnet. What is not normal is having 5 forks in one month and 'changing crypto' without a testnet.

I disagree, there a quality altcoins that use the testnet.  It's the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants testing that creates problems from not taking the time to set up testnets.  For myself that is a big minus in my books for not taking the time to set up the test net and using it for testing.

2 important forks happend after presstab left. There is nothing in version.h to block older versions from connecting. This is highly recommended after such dramatic changes.
https://github.com/CoinProjects/Fly-coin/blob/master/src/version.h#L38
https://github.com/CoinProjects/Fly-coin/blob/master/src/version.h#L48
Totally agree with this one. If you aren't blocking old peers it will cause high resource consumption of the valid peers trying to fill continual requests from outdated peers.

Activity: 661
We only want the FACTS!
December 02, 2015, 01:59:58 PM
Good critiques. Do have some questions about them though. (and don't worry I am not part of 'team fly')

https://github.com/CoinProjects/Fly-coin/blob/master/src/main.h#L69 - No testnet guys? Roll Eyes
It is pretty normal for coins not to use a testnet. What is not normal is having 5 forks in one month and 'changing crypto' without a testnet.

I disagree, there a quality altcoins that use the testnet.  It's the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants testing that creates problems from not taking the time to set up testnets.  For myself that is a big minus in my books for not taking the time to set up the test net and using it for testing.

2 important forks happend after presstab left. There is nothing in version.h to block older versions from connecting. This is highly recommended after such dramatic changes.
Totally agree with this one. If you aren't blocking old peers it will cause high resource consumption of the valid peers trying to fill continual requests from outdated peers.

[/quote]

The easy fix for this is:

banscore=5 or 10

Would take care of the resource problem, would it not?

legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
December 02, 2015, 12:53:05 PM

It is pretty normal for coins not to use a testnet. What is not normal is having 5 forks in one month and 'changing crypto' without a testnet. (edit - or without a proper testing fork or similar method)

I can't believe none of your developers noticed this error. Is this is a joke?
https://github.com/CoinProjects/Fly-coin/blob/master/src/qt/guiutil.cpp#L130-L132
This actually was noticed when I was still working on fly, i think banzaibtc pointed it out. My decision was that nobody uses URI for small altcoins, so don't fuss with it. Am I wrong? Is there a 3rd party block explorer or something that is using this?

You either remove this, or turn it back to false after you mined a new genesis block. Leave it in for now until you mined a genesis for testnet (details guys, cmon!)
https://github.com/CoinProjects/Fly-coin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2765-L2784
Doesn't need to be removed, as you see a few lines above, this part of the code is only triggered if mapBlockIndex is empty. You could remove these things if you wanted to clean up the code. But who cares?

Looks like the nonce didn't make it into the commit for some reason. Although it seems to be no fowl since the chain syncs fine as is. The genesis block is checkpointed, it is all secure. This really only matters for someone that is curious about the code and sees no nonce, so maybe about 1 in every 10,000+ people.

Honestly, in my opinion at least, the things you pointed out are trivial things that don't really have anything to do with the functioning of the coin. The testnet and protocol bumps I do believe to be important, the rest is more about code organization rather than the functioning of the coin network.

Edit - I hope my tone doesn't sound hostile, I am just wondering if most of the fuss is about formatting rather than the security and functionality of the coin?
Activity: 175
Merit: 150
Coin Developer
December 02, 2015, 11:08:30 AM
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm not here to help. And never will be either. Thank a few "team fly" members for that who decided all my posts we're rubbish a few pages back. The only one with a normal response was you and the guy with the woody woodpecker avatar.

Sorry, but I just want to get out now. A few members in this community are blinded and really cocky when it gets to critics about the code. I don't want to be part of such ignorance.
Pages:
Jump to: