Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 64. (Read 163654 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
November 15, 2015, 10:49:16 PM
Howdie,

How do we claim an address in the new block explorer? I've been all thru it and am unable to find a way to do so.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
November 15, 2015, 10:38:59 PM
Ok, I'm not a social media person:

https://twitter.com/giminer1/status/666062503491805184

I did in Spanish, I guess you have the English tweets pretty covered  Smiley
Nice post, GIMiner - Eso funciona

YES!!! I LOVE it, PLEASE stay posting to spanish community!!

Vegas
legendary
November 15, 2015, 10:38:28 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We will come up with a solution. For now like I said just stake into your savings and then send from savings , as 10% is NOT in effect, fee will be small maybe .002 FLY to send. This will be fixed in our next version in 2 weeks.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
November 15, 2015, 10:37:53 PM

Nice post, GIMiner - Eso funciona
legendary
November 15, 2015, 10:35:32 PM
Confirming that staking to Yobit did not work for me either. The coins were lost.

I tried direct staking to yobit - lost stakes
legendary
November 15, 2015, 10:34:47 PM
Ok - Here is my attempt at social media - https://twitter.com/pokeytex/status/666069709863780353

-pokeytex
I like it - nice job
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
November 15, 2015, 10:21:12 PM
Confirming that staking to Yobit did not work for me either. The coins were lost.
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
Meow
November 15, 2015, 10:14:35 PM
Can anyone confirm if staking to yobit directly works or not? Because we think the problem of staking directly to exchange is only a problem on Crytopia. Can anyone confirm their experience?

Vegas

In my experience, staking with Yobit as my savings address does not work. Nothing showed up in my Yobit wallet, and I staked to there 2-3 times.
legendary
Activity: 1504
November 15, 2015, 10:00:21 PM
Ok - Here is my attempt at social media - https://twitter.com/pokeytex/status/666069709863780353

-pokeytex
legendary
November 15, 2015, 09:57:01 PM
Can anyone confirm if staking to yobit directly works or not? Because we think the problem of staking directly to exchange is only a problem on Crytopia. Can anyone confirm their experience?

Vegas
legendary
November 15, 2015, 09:45:10 PM
Back from 3 day business trip to Florida - great weather
but, glad to be home and catching up. Seeing lots of positive
energy here. Feels very good.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
We only want the FACTS!
November 15, 2015, 09:43:54 PM
Thank you, and yes, my wallet is the 1.6.2 from OP.

Now, like I said: sending coins from the wallet works fine; the stuck coins are those minted from my main wallet and sent automatically to Cryptopia as I changed my savings address to the address of deposits there.

In other words: My savings address is now the deposit address from Cryptopia; my main wallet have sent 3 transactions to  my savings address (Cryptopia's deposit address) and they are not received yet.

I hope that makes it clear now Smiley

I think exchanges might not receive transactions correctly that are automatically sent from staking - if you read back a few pages, I'm pretty sure that someone warns against setting your savings address to Yobit.

I know that when I had set my savings address to my Yobit deposit address, my transactions never showed up there. Total bummer, I know  Tongue

Yep, that's true, but if we don't do that, then we need to pay 10% fee just to send the coins to the exchange, and that's no good. So, I think it should be ok to put the exchange address as the savings address, otherwise, how can we trade the POS coins?

I totally agree - and that's why I initially set my savings address to my Yobit deposit. But there must be something technically different about a transaction that results from a stake to savings vs. a regular "sendtoaddress" transaction. For some reason the exchanges don't recognize the former - maybe someone more knowledgeable about the wallet code can enlighten us?

At any rate, it sounds like vegas's new plan for waiving high tx fees for verified richlist addresses might satisfy our concerns when it is implemented.

My understanding is (please Vegas or Woody correct me), if it comes from your named POS address, it will be exempted from the 10%.
legendary
November 15, 2015, 09:39:48 PM
So there certainly is a problem with staking directly to exchanges. Im not exactly sure why yet. We THINK its a problem only with Crytopia, as nobody has said it does not work with Yobit. A fix will be implemented in the next wallet release. For now since the fees are low, continue to stake to savings, then send from your savings address using coin control. You will NOT be charged 10% as those fees are not active until the next wallet update which will include a fix for this.

Vegas
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
November 15, 2015, 09:33:48 PM

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
November 15, 2015, 09:30:10 PM
Dear Flycoinfans,

we decided to announce following advice:

Please dont use exchangeaddress as ur savingaddress so long till we can be sure, we done it right!

Please don't use exchangeaddress as ur savingsaddress!

Meta
Meow
November 15, 2015, 08:59:37 PM

Now, like I said: sending coins from the wallet works fine; the stuck coins are those minted from my main wallet and sent automatically to Cryptopia as I changed my savings address to the address of deposits there.

In other words: My savings address is now the deposit address from Cryptopia; my main wallet have sent 3 transactions to  my savings address (Cryptopia's deposit address) and they are not received yet.

I think exchanges might not receive transactions correctly that are automatically sent from staking - if you read back a few pages, I'm pretty sure that someone warns against setting your savings address to Yobit.

I know that when I had set my savings address to my Yobit deposit address, my transactions never showed up there. Total bummer, I know  Tongue

Yep, that's true, but if we don't do that, then we need to pay 10% fee just to send the coins to the exchange, and that's no good. So, I think it should be ok to put the exchange address as the savings address, otherwise, how can we trade the POS coins?

I totally agree - and that's why I initially set my savings address to my Yobit deposit. But there must be something technically different about a transaction that results from a stake to savings vs. a regular "sendtoaddress" transaction. For some reason the exchanges don't recognize the former - maybe someone more knowledgeable about the wallet code can enlighten us?

At any rate, it sounds like vegas's new plan for waiving high tx fees for verified richlist addresses might satisfy our concerns when it is implemented.
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
November 15, 2015, 08:42:07 PM

In other words: My savings address is now the deposit address from Cryptopia; my main wallet have sent 3 transactions to  my savings address (Cryptopia's deposit address) and they are not received yet.

I know that when I had set my savings address to my Yobit deposit address, my transactions never showed up there. Total bummer, I know  Tongue

Meow
November 15, 2015, 08:35:07 PM
I finally set up a catotune Twitter account - nothing like a Super FLY reward as incentive to get this cat involved in social media!  Grin

My FLY tweet contribution:
https://twitter.com/catotune/status/666048003346575361

Let's keep FLY awesome and positive going forward.
Meow
November 15, 2015, 08:27:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022
November 15, 2015, 07:27:52 PM

ok thank you for telling me that. It shouldnt make a difference. But Ill point my savings to cryptopia and see what happends.

Vegas

You also got to remember that it only takes 10 confirms to send a coin but when you stake it take 70 confirms. You just may need to wait until the block matures.
Pages:
Jump to: