Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 66. (Read 77058 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 251
Jesus Christ,

Who maintains the coin being traded on poloniex? Nobody? I'm not asking for a poem.  Who maintains the coin Silkcoin? The one being traded NOW?

Who is the current developer of Silkcoin? Where is the block explorer for Silkcoin?   No poems.  Give me a straight up answer. What is wrong with you freaking weirdos I'm asking straight forward questions for Christ's sakes.  

Jesus Christ where is your reading comprehension. The is no developer for the current Silkcoin, all will be transported to Silk. Silkcoin just a legacy blockchain, it is crucified. There was a blockexplorer on cryptoid.info but expired, there was a blockexplorer on silkexplorer.silknetwork.org this was posted before.

Matt as Spencer said is looking into putting it back online. Jesus Christ this was all be said before.

Mary, Joseph Moses and Elijah calm down...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
nice wordsmithing.

translation.   silkcoin is being used to piggyback this project.

why you guys keep saying im bitching about release date.   ive said literally i dont think it will actually be launched and when it does will have nothing to do with the coin everyone 'thought' they were buying.

who is the developer of silkcoin?

Silkcoin was released in may 2014 after a price surge the original developer left the community holding bags. It was by and through the community that Silk and DarkSilk were initiated. It was opted not to just disregard these investors but to safeguard their investments by making use of a swap.

Although the technological progresses are mostly developed for DarkSilk and the Weaver, Silk will have its place. There have been ideas for the platform using two coins for quite some time making sure that Silk truly is worth the effort. Because Silk is the rightful successor of Silkcoin due to its roots and the fact that it will be swapped through this project, it is desirable te keep Silkcoin tradable. Practical reasons like coin distribution also play the part.

Again there is no developer for the old Silkcoin he bailed! But the ideas/ideals behind the original project are safeguarded and built upon. The Silk Network and its core products including DarkSilk, Silk & Weaver are headed by Spencer who is assisted by CryptoVote, quantumgravity and matthew. There are a few others that are involved as well they are are not as tightly committed as these gentlemen.

Long story short: It is because we don´t want to keep investors hanging that we continue to support Silkcoin, and not as you suggest fleece them.

Jesus Christ,

Who maintains the coin being traded on poloniex? Nobody? I'm not asking for a poem.  Who maintains the coin Silkcoin? The one being traded NOW?

Who is the current developer of Silkcoin? Where is the block explorer for Silkcoin?   No poems.  Give me a straight up answer. What is wrong with you freaking weirdos I'm asking straight forward questions for Christ's sakes. 

nice wordsmithing.

translation.   silkcoin is being used to piggyback this project.

why you guys keep saying im bitching about release date.   ive said literally i dont think it will actually be launched and when it does will have nothing to do with the coin everyone 'thought' they were buying.

Silkcoin was released in may 2014 after a price surge the original developer left the community holding bags. It was by and through the community that Silk and DarkSilk were initiated. It was opted not to just disregard these investors but to safeguard their investments by making use of a swap.

Although the technological progresses are mostly developed for DarkSilk and the Weaver, Silk will have its place. There have been ideas for the platform using two coins for quite some time making sure that Silk truly is worth the effort. Because Silk is the rightful successor of Silkcoin due to its roots and the fact that it will be swapped through this project, it is desirable te keep Silkcoin tradable. Practical reasons like coin distribution also play the part.

Again there is no developer for the old Silkcoin he bailed! But the ideas/ideals behind the original project are safeguarded and built upon. The Silk Network and its core products including DarkSilk, Silk & Weaver are headed by Spencer who is assisted by CryptoVote, quantumgravity and matthew. There are a few others that are involved as well they are are not as tightly committed as these gentlemen.

Long story short: It is because we don´t want to keep investors hanging that we continue to support Silkcoin, and not as you suggest fleece them.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Trak... What do you want to accomplish? Let's just be honest now. You are frustrated, but why? I assume you are invested in the project right? Otherwise you couldn't be bothered to return to this forum and try to attack the developers their work in all possible ways you can think of at that moment.

You mentioned an apoligy as well. You want the developers of the new silk/weaver/darksilk to apologize and 'admit' they are scamming the community and that all your red flags are true indications of that?

Is it that you want to make the community better, by pointing out situations that need updates or improvement and feel that an aggressive style is the best way to get through to the developers?

Do you just want to blow off steam and enjoy getting all the (negative) attention? (I can't imagine, but your behavior is truly unclear to me)

I'm not even gonna say that you want a lower price to buy in for, because I don't believe that is your true intention. You are too frustrated to think of this as one big joke or investmentstrategy.
-----------
Because treating your questions with facts doesn't seem to satisfy you or will take you to look for other things you think are not ok. Or you will get back to a previous argument like a website or whatever.

Treating your frustrations with frustrations of our own will lead to straight up FUD-like behavior where rational thinking is clearly not an obstacle anymore.
------------
I love that you keep everybody sharp, but your way of communicating and the intentions it seems to have are pretty dark. Do you care to enlighten me?
right.  now funny picturea - redirect - my questions are about a 'legacy' coin.. silkcoin doesnt exist bro! laugh at themonkey.   the camel marches on next?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Great.  No block explorer and now priming the community for a crowd sale for vaporware.. cmon guys

if there is no active developer and no block explorer silkcoin should NOT be traded.  this puts everyones investment on poloniex at risk
It's pre-ann only but so much fud already.

A coin traded on poloniex with no block explorer and a developer who claims not to be developing that coin... is not FUD.   Its ludicrous.

The Silkcoin traded on poloniex is a legacy coin, technically it has nothing to do with this project. Spencer is working on Silk and DarkSilk, two new coins one being the successor of Silkcoin for which a swap will take place. The other a new coin with new tech.

Both being vital for the goals that we want to see realized within this project.

Silk will be released one month prior to the release of DarkSilk which is under development. Its release is termed 'when it's done', we understand that the term vaporware comes along with it. But the whole idea is to not have more pressure on the development than is needed. Putting them under pressure by trolling seriously takes fun out of the proces.

Once the developer are in unanimous agreement that they are able to put a date on the product you will have it. But before then they will not be forced to make an empty promise. It is not your job to figure it out regardless if their situation. Once they push the information that they´re ready you´ll be able to read it here first.

So keep calm and enjoy the low prices on Silkcoin.

nice wordsmithing.

translation.   silkcoin is being used to piggyback this project.

why you guys keep saying im bitching about release date.   ive said literally i dont think it will actually be launched and when it does will have nothing to do with the coin everyone 'thought' they were buying.

A coin traded on poloniex with no block explorer and a developer who claims not to be developing that coin... is not FUD.   Its ludicrous.

The Silkcoin traded on poloniex is a legacy coin, technically it has nothing to do with this project. Spencer is working on Silk and DarkSilk, two new coins one being the successor of Silkcoin for which a swap will take place. The other a new coin with new tech.

Both being vital for the goals that we want to see realized within this project.

Silk will be released one month prior to the release of DarkSilk which is under development. Its release is termed 'when it's done', we understand that the term vaporware comes along with it. But the whole idea is to not have more pressure on the development than is needed. Putting them under pressure by trolling seriously takes fun out of the proces.

Once the developer are in unanimous agreement that they are able to put a date on the product you will have it. But before then they will not be forced to make an empty promise. It is not your job to figure it out regardless if their situation. Once they push the information that they´re ready you´ll be able to read it here first.

So keep calm and enjoy the low prices on Silkcoin.

A coin traded on poloniex with no block explorer and a developer who claims not to be developing that coin... is not FUD.   Its ludicrous.
Activity: 129
Word games bro.   So you're the developer for Silkcoin?  All I asked for is a freaking block explorer and an info site    initially I asked about the swap from silk to darksilj, you said that wasn't gonna happen.. then said it would be silk to slk, have said multiple times soon to be launched, said youll never post here again and of course post here again, your the Silkcoin dev when it suits and not the Silkcoin dev when it doesn't suit ya.. and I'm the scapegoat Everytime.  
Spencer is the developer for the Silk platform no question there and Silk will be a coin of great importance to the future of the project, it will not just be all about DarkSilk.
The when it´s done stage is annoying for those that want to see something, we can all understand that. But it won't end any sooner by bugging those that are responsible for it.

Also why do you need this info site so bad? Everything you want to know could be asked for right here, yet you keep demanding an info site... So you want to see stylized but regurgitated info on a web-address? But why?

More information will be available once the developers are more confident in specifying release dates.

Sure I'm human. Just getting the run around while calling out all the red flags..  I'm glad you find me and everyone elses investment questions amusing, but for me (can't speak for anyone else) it is beyond frustrating.
Frustrating or not your investment choice is to show support with your wallet, no to turn on it an bash it. Any serious conversation you've denied. Your only aim has been to troll and post slander under the pretense of showing false flags to those few reading these pages. If you really wanted to protect investment or be comforted in your decision you would have chosen for friendlier form of communication.

So as you've mentioned multiple times the current codebase is shit, and the client is shit, so I'm thinking you probably should have a block explorer like every coin that's worth one nut in the world has.. even freaking most yobit coins have a block explorer; to insure nobody is on a fork and the coin is fit for trading and transactions.   No explorer = dead coin.
I think spencer has answered you here already.

Maybe focus on the task at hand instead of leap years into the uncertain future with your head held high as an elitist.  Remember why you are here..  it's called Silkcoin bro. That's what exists now. Silkcoin. Remember?
Leaping years into the uncertain future is my job the task at hand is for Spencer and asking the devs around him he's doing a fine job at that. Knowing Spencer personally i know he puts his hours in.
Vaporware? Sort your life out dude.

You also didn't specify what block explorer you wanted, all you said was "No block explorer?  Why no block explorer?".

Now considering this is the PRE-ANN/DISCUSSION thread for Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver why would we think you were referencing Silkcoin?

We are not the Silkcoin developers.

None of us are working on the Silkcoin wallet nor further developing platforms or services for it.

We are working on Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver.

I'm fed up too.   Feeling is mutual. Who is the developer for Silkcoin?

I do not know who the original developer for Silkcoin was.

I do know that there is no current development team and we have effectively taken over that role, but instead of developing the current Silkcoin wallet, we are relaunching it instead, as you know.

Word games bro.   So you're the developer for Silkcoin?  All I asked for is a freaking block explorer and an info site    initially I asked about the swap from silk to darksilj, you said that wasn't gonna happen.. then said it would be silk to slk, have said multiple times soon to be launched, said youll never post here again and of course post here again, your the Silkcoin dev when it suits and not the Silkcoin dev when it doesn't suit ya.. and I'm the scapegoat Everytime. 

Sure I'm human. Just getting the run around while calling out all the red flags..  I'm glad you find me and everyone elses investment questions amusing, but for me (can't speak for anyone else) it is beyond frustrating.  So as you've mentioned multiple times the current codebase is shit, and the client is shit, so I'm thinking you probably should have a block explorer like every coin that's worth one nut in the world has.. even freaking most yobit coins have a block explorer; to insure nobody is on a fork and the coin is fit for trading and transactions.   No explorer = dead coin.

Maybe focus on the task at hand instead of leap years into the uncertain future with your head held high as an elitist.  Remember why you are here..  it's called Silkcoin bro. That's what exists now. Silkcoin. Remember?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
CTO - Silk Network

You also didn't specify what block explorer you wanted, all you said was "No block explorer?  Why no block explorer?".

Now considering this is the PRE-ANN/DISCUSSION thread for Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver why would we think you were referencing Silkcoin?

None of us are working on the Silkcoin wallet nor further developing platforms or services for it.

I'm fed up too.   Feeling is mutual. Who is the developer for Silkcoin?

I do not know who the original developer for Silkcoin was.

I do know that there is no current development team and we have effectively taken over that role, but instead of developing the current Silkcoin wallet, we are relaunching it instead, as you know.

I'm fed up too.   Feeling is mutual. Who is the developer for Silkcoin?
CTO - Silk Network
I have messaged Matthew to get a Silkcoin explorer back up, we had one up before, but kept having to reindex it which took up time that Matthew didn't have whilst he was working on Weaver.

Why do you keep saying that Weaver was meant for Sterlingcoin? It wasn't. What was going to be built for Sterlingcoin is a Multipool. How, about you start making a Multipool from scratch using MPOS and we will see how far you get on your own in the same time that Matthew Langdon has been working on it, let alone a platform like Weaver.

You have no idea about development, nor what is involved, who are you to criticise either the work done, or time taken.

Once the product is released, fine, criticise, we will take it constructively and further improve DarkSilk, Silk and Weaver.

Are you bipolar?

Great.   See if you're amazing dev team can build a block explorer.  Edit: for Silkcoin.   Which as you've stated are not a developer for. Like loony toons around here.   One day I'll take the time to post sequentially all your bi polar or whatever the hell your posts are about

Re: Weaver = cystum , as read about by pissed off community members in the sterling thread.. Looks quite similar to what you're talking about.

Why do you keep asking me to develop shit?  I'm an investor not a developer.  What do you do?  Are you asking me to take over the development of Silkcoin?

I am not Bipolar.

I get annoyed and pissed off with the comments and insinuations you make and I respond as any normal human being would initially, however, each time in retrospect which is normally within minutes I realise that maybe, just maybe, if I talk to you like a normal human being and not the troll that we are all to quick to call you out as, then you might stop attacking the development team and the work being done.

Cystum, if you want to call it by its complete name was, the Cystum Multipool. Matthew Langdon is the lead developer of Sterlingcoin and has said to me that once Weaver launches the Cystum multipool will also be done as well. Building a multipool from scratch, on your own is not an easy feat to say the least, not to mention he also has worked on Weaver alone.

I am fed up of visiting this thread to just see critcism about what we say or do, when we all work for nothing and put in a lot of our free time.
I have messaged Matthew to get a Silkcoin explorer back up, we had one up before, but kept having to reindex it which took up time that Matthew didn't have whilst he was working on Weaver.

Why do you keep saying that Weaver was meant for Sterlingcoin? It wasn't. What was going to be built for Sterlingcoin is a Multipool. How, about you start making a Multipool from scratch using MPOS and we will see how far you get on your own in the same time that Matthew Langdon has been working on it, let alone a platform like Weaver.

You have no idea about development, nor what is involved, who are you to criticise either the work done, or time taken.

Once the product is released, fine, criticise, we will take it constructively and further improve DarkSilk, Silk and Weaver.

Are you bipolar?

Great.   See if you're amazing dev team can build a block explorer.  Edit: for Silkcoin.   Which as you've stated are not a developer for. Like loony toons around here.   One day I'll take the time to post sequentially all your bi polar or whatever the hell your posts are about

Re: Weaver = cystum , as read about by pissed off community members in the sterling thread.. Looks quite similar to what you're talking about.

Why do you keep asking me to develop shit?  I'm an investor not a developer.  What do you do?  Are you asking me to take over the development of Silkcoin?

CTO - Silk Network

It is quite obvious you want us to launch, but what do you want us to launch? An unfinished product which hasn't had testing in the real world?

Why not, instead of this aggressive, sarcastic, unproductive method where all you gain are enemies and haters, try a more polite approach and actually state what it is you want to know and what you would like to see.

I really do not understand your behaviour, it is like a spoilt child at Christmas waiting for his presents.

I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't start outright trolling too now as that seems to be the only surefire way to get a response.

Have you considered starting the crowdsale before completely finishing Darksilk and Weaver? There aren't many other crowdsales done this way (creating the finished product first). It'd give you guys some funds and might speed things up a bit.

Is it something you've considered? With the halvening almost upon us there's a good chance bitcoin's price will continue to increase in the short-term so starting the crowdfunding sooner might give you more funds for the long term.

I apologise, the crowdfunding options have been looked at and are now in the process of being drawn up by Gregory Betz (quantumgravity). I will have a meeting with him this evening and go over the options and also look to pubishing some information on the forthcoming crowdsale here as soon as possible Wink

I really hope nobody is considering a crowd sale for a project previously promised to sterlingcoin (not delivered) then promised to Silkcoin (not delivered) and now claiming no responsibility for Silkcoin... please correct me if in wrong.. isn't this all about Silkcoin? Or have I entered some strange parallel universe..  starting to look like a cash grab for unlimited development time.. If it's been years already, and this isn't a new coin coded from scratch.. with a team of 5 developers?? That can't seem to produce e even a website or a block explorer for the coin being sold on poloniex despite spending more time arguing with the facts then actually developing solutions.. red flags popping up folks.  More and more of them.  

Lol I don't know how much cheap Silkcoin you're trying to accumulate but I'm starting to admire all the effort you're putting in.   Cheesy

Dude are you not reading the same things I'm reading?
Pages:
Jump to: