Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Source XPM (Primecoin) GPU Miner & Pool xpmforall.org - page 20. (Read 110023 times)

Activity: 2106
Merit: 282
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Hi @eXtremal
is there any progress with the cuda miner ? I`m very excited about the stuff ! Kiss
Windows version: http://coinsforall.io/distr/xpmclient-cuda-win64.tar.gz
It's usable (1-3% CPU load per one video card, you can use Celeron with 6 and more NVidia cards), but linux version still faster up to 5%, need more research to optimize miner for Windows.
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
Hi @eXtremal
is there any progress with the cuda miner ? I`m very excited about the stuff ! Kiss

+1 we really need the optmized CUDA miner!!
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Hi @eXtremal
Activity: 67
You must check your VRM temperature as well as there are complaints about heating.
ap1
Activity: 41
just to save ur asses from gettin rekt .. the reason primecoin is pumping is because rhett creighton (zclassic/bitcoin private) announced he was going to do another pump n dump -- Bitcoin Prime which will be forked off primecoin ,.. so watch his twitter plus the new bitcoin prime new twitter page.. as soon as it forks dump primecoin, because everybodys gonna dump after it forks for Bitcoin prime.. he did with bitcoin private.. went to 50$ and dumped .. so hes off the team now, and now decided to do another coin. Wink

I agree that the 4 fold jumping in price was surely due to BTC Prime announcement but there is something not making perfect sense.

I have been mining Primecoin (intermittently depending on profit) since mad had created the miner and merged with eXtremal's because it was the only coin that is still profitable with those older cards even till early 2018. But Primecoin's mining difficulty got pass 11 in Mar and old cards will not get any profit at all, so these must be new miners. Even if someone wants to get XPM for price speculation, there is no need (and too inefficient) to join the mining as one can just simply buy from the exchange.

So attention to XPM was already started in Mar well before Rhett's announcement. Of course it can be simply two quite independent events. Miners switched to XPM  in Mar might simply due to be being more profitable than ETH but not really that much profitable before the pump in price and I doubt XPM was having much attention to them anyway.

Anyway price vs mining difficulty is always a function of each other. If the price drops later, the difficulty will follow.
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
when is this fork supposed to happen?

been waiting for primecoin to do something for AGES
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
copper member
Activity: 100
Merit: 1
Go eXtremal Go  Cool Cool Cool Cool Wink Wink Wink Wink

yes eXtremal!
you are amazing!
your work benefits Primecoin and Datacoin alike (Datacoin thread --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2188160.800)
We greatly appreciate youuuuu!

xpmforall.org: problem at VPS now, repairing...
coinsforall.io and xpmforall.org - is it possible to synchronize the balance?
It's two different pools, not one distributed.
coinsforall.io was planned as distributed pool.. may be later I implement this feature.

---

xpmforall.org repaired.
It was an accident with file system (ext4fs), only rescue mode helped
Merit: 31
just to save ur asses from gettin rekt .. the reason primecoin is pumping is because rhett creighton (zclassic/bitcoin private) announced he was going to do another pump n dump -- Bitcoin Prime which will be forked off primecoin ,.. so watch his twitter plus the new bitcoin prime new twitter page.. as soon as it forks dump primecoin, because everybodys gonna dump after it forks for Bitcoin prime.. he did with bitcoin private.. went to 50$ and dumped .. so hes off the team now, and now decided to do another coin. Wink
This is not true. Rhett did not sell any BTCP, the price dropped because he was removed form the github, and because of this a lot of people sold mistakenly thinking it was a bad sign for the project, when it was actually a good thing. Rhett didn't contribute on github anyways, and he was a bottleneck to the project because of bad communication.

Regarding the fork, obviously the price will drop after the snapshot, the Primecoin is then useless too anyone who is just in it for the Bitcoin Prime. Trying to dump right at the snapshot for a good price is going to be nearly impossibe, everyone is selling and no one buying. If you want to sell XPM and not stay in for the Bitcoin Prime, a better idea is to set some realistic targets for Primecoin and stage out on the way up to the snapshot.
If someone doesn't know these basic ideas behind a fork, or is buying XPM blindly because the price jumped up, they deserve to get rekt. Never blindly invest in anything, especially crypto.

I'll remind you on fork day while the price plummets lol.
Did you even read my post? Of course it will plummet right after the snapshot is taken.

+1
Activity: 2
This is not true. Rhett did not sell any BTCP, the price dropped because he was removed form the github, and because of this a lot of people sold mistakenly thinking it was a bad sign for the project, when it was actually a good thing. Rhett didn't contribute on github anyways, and he was a bottleneck to the project because of bad communication.

Regarding the fork, obviously the price will drop after the snapshot, the Primecoin is then useless too anyone who is just in it for the Bitcoin Prime. Trying to dump right at the snapshot for a good price is going to be nearly impossibe, everyone is selling and no one buying. If you want to sell XPM and not stay in for the Bitcoin Prime, a better idea is to set some realistic targets for Primecoin and stage out on the way up to the snapshot.
If someone doesn't know these basic ideas behind a fork, or is buying XPM blindly because the price jumped up, they deserve to get rekt. Never blindly invest in anything, especially crypto.

I'll remind you on fork day while the price plummets lol.
Did you even read my post? Of course it will plummet right after the snapshot is taken.

edit; shocking just joined to post that huh lol. Doesn't matter, the whole point is that its pumping because he is going to fork it to BTP. I'll remind you on dump day.
Activity: 2

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
coinsforall.io and xpmforall.org - is it possible to synchronize the balance?
Activity: 102
You must use the new target setting for the pool mining as that is important.
Activity: 414
Merit: 101
eXtremal, you write this info for current 10.2.2
Added in 10.0beta (miner not optimized for this cards, too slow).
If I understand you correctly , new miner 10.3 for CUDA will be faster 1-3% then currently one, and currently one was not optimized , it is too slow ( your words)
So excuse  me, but 1-3% increasing of speed in mining doesnot look "optimized" at all.
I expect at least 10-20% more speed when miner is optimized.
Activity: 14
Go eXtremal Go  Cool Cool Cool Cool Wink Wink Wink Wink
Pages:
Jump to: