Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Transactions Server: Asset/Bond/Commodity/Cryptocoin/Deed/Share/Stock Exch. - page 3. (Read 42444 times)

legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
The server has been updated to the latest Open Transactions code
Mark, OT server is a brilliant concept and fulfillment but is actually quite vulnerable to government attacks in different jurisdictions from legal and regulatory point of view. Have you ever thought of merging OT server with Electrum server project?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
The server has been updated to the latest Open Transactions code, so you should now be able to export blinded cash purses to a passphrase instead of to a specific nym and to import purses that are thusly encrypted to a passphrase instead of to a specific nym.

This new version should also allow "usage tokens" to be assigned to nyms, ready for when we turn on the charging of "usage tokens".

There will thus be a grace period before the server starts actually charging usage tokens during which active nyms can obtain usage tokens free so that when we turn on the charging of them there will be some active nyms who actually have some.

Once the charging of usage tokens is shown to work, usage tokens will cease being free; how much they will cost we won't know until we see how many normal usage of the system tends to consume.

REMEMBER that Open Transactions has no percentage based fees; any API call your client makes costs a usage token, regardless whether the call is a request for information (your balance, the list of markets, the offers on a market and so on) or the making of an offer or the transfer of millions of coins or whatever. Currently an API call is an API call, they all cost the same: one "usage token" per API call.

-MarkM-
legendary
I have started adding to the Devtom wiki page about the server so that hopefully the wiki page can start to be of some actual use to users and potential users of the server.

Also in case anyone didn't already hear about it, I now also run the OTdemo Open Transactions server, which also has a a Devtome wiki page (which probably also needs more work done on it).

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Any ideas how transfer the remnants of Nefarios major fuck up of GLBSE over to Open Transactions?
Can you post your ideas to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-owners-lied-to-us-how-to-move-forward-and-fix-this-move-to-exchange-x-115825

Thank you.
PS! I really like to see GLBSE fiasco to get fixed and without ever involving those people again in any future plan.

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Just saw this, checking it out now.

I was able to get the dependencies in, but I'm going to have to do some reading to see what I should set the "password image" directory to point to.

Perfect timing to start playing with OT I guess, yay GUI!

ok, figured that  out, makes sense.

Now I'm realizing that I want 32bit MSVC and and OpenSSL components because I'm not runnign 64-bit Java. Doh.
Activity: 350
Just saw this, checking it out now.

I was able to get the dependencies in, but I'm going to have to do some reading to see what I should set the "password image" directory to point to.

Perfect timing to start playing with OT I guess, yay GUI!
legendary
So, anyone having any difficulty getting the new WIndows release up and running?

I do not seem to be seeing much traffic at what is still the only server currently open to the public...

I was going to start setting up another server, but if no one is able to get to the one that is already online maybe it is a bit soon for that?

-MarkM-
legendary
Live and Let Live
New version

https://github.com/downloads/da2ce7/Moneychanger/da2ce7-Moneychanger-00.10.07.7z

Code:
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.19 (MingW32)

owGbwMvMwCHIMl/GwHjr82uMpyclMQQkdRSmJBolp5rr+ubnpVYmZyTmpacW6RoY
6Bka6BmY6ZlXWSlYOBsamppYOik4OhoaGZq5mStYOluYupg6Oym4GhsZOzlbGisY
OLlYGDsZWfByKRACTmbOlkZmhoYKTsYuzgaOTsYKRkBjjY1MHXm5OuJYGAQ5GNhY
mUAuY+DiFIA599QJhv/lJ/dUXPPi61yTd7KT41XSFmd149olp/Pefrx78vMr7cpb
DP+Lw24u+PliS87hWtepTF+cXkzP9NjUsfKn1yG7Txlfa5TSAQ==
=pEmb
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Please note that the Java, VC Runtime, and OpenSSL must be of the same type (eg. Win32 or x64)
Activity: 440

@markm

Rather than dumping on the project because it wouldn't satisfy the masses need for convenience I'll just point out the serious, logical point.

Less security should be optional.  Not a design requirement.

Love the project.  Biggest reason why is due to most hacks in the Bitcoin space being enabled by operator negligence.

Just pointing out that the "masses need for convenience" is something that must be supplied by user applications, not by software libraries that are linked inside those user applications.

No one would describe the OpenSSL library as "convenient for the masses" but that doesn't mean that convenient software cannot be written using the OpenSSL library.

The Open-Transactions library is the same way.
Activity: 252
Inactive

@markm

Rather than dumping on the project because it wouldn't satisfy the masses need for convenience I'll just point out the serious, logical point.

Less security should be optional.  Not a design requirement.

Love the project.  Biggest reason why is due to most hacks in the Bitcoin space being enabled by operator negligence.
legendary
Live and Let Live
Windows Release:

https://github.com/downloads/da2ce7/Moneychanger/da2ce7-Moneychanger-00.10.06.7z

Code:
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.19 (MingW32)

owGbwMvMwCHIMl/GwHjr82uMp+OSGAISujN5uVISjZJTzXV98/NSK5MzEvPSU4t0
DQz0DA30DMz0zKsUkgxSU02MUoyMDc2NktMsTc0TU0yNDEwtEpPMTU3SzNOSTdKM
jYxME3m5MosV0vPzU/R4uXi5OuJYGAQ5GNhYmYC2dDJwcQrArDZOZfjN4nR/73br
Cb+fqR7tlxBfy5NXZJb+2HhL4MVLy78Yt7dEMPyzW9vK7ZBVMVvj5Yqsr4t3WJtK
TG1Rn/Xq+4nztxqSIzwZAA==
=UbLX
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Hope everyone likes it!  Please report bugs.  Cheesy
legendary
It seems we need to add handling for much larger inboxes than the original code expected people to have, as test users posting 72 or more offers at a time two or three times a day then not downloading their inboxes until all the offers had expired were running into inbox-size problems.

The plan to deal with this is to check size and if too large break the download automatically behind the scenes into parts.

In the meantime a limit of ten cron items (e.g. offers) per nym has been put in place, which might not impact you directly but might indirectly due to the fact it means all the market-makers will not be posting their automatic offers anymore to fill the markets with offers.

-MarkM-
legendary
From a litecoin-exchange thread:

How many confirmations is the exchange going to want before accepting a deposit?

That reminded me:

We do not accept deposits! Wanna buy some tokens, okay, maybe we will sell you some tokens.

We are not a deposit-accepting entity! (Very important, apparently!)

-MarkM-
legendary
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

In light of discussion in one of the bitcoinica threads, I would like to make clear that because my Open Transactions server represents actual assets such as bitcoins, devcoins, namecoins, or whatever by means of tokens tradeable on the server, it is important to realise that this means any theft, loss, etcetera of any of the "actual" assets those tokens represent is in effect simply the changing of the specific token type into a fractional reserve token, inasmuch as it is no longer fully backed by the asset it had hitherto represented.

Specifically and potentially importantly, this means if bitcoins get stolen but devcoins do not, then bitcoin tokens are, by that theft, rendered fractional reserve whilst devcoin tokens remain fully backed.

To be very clear here: each asset is distinct and separate. To the extent permitted by law and potentially even to the extent permitted by civil disobedience, the intent is that losses of one asset are totally distinct from all other assets. There is to be no dilution or lessening of asset X holdings due to losses of asset Y.

Specifically, upon liquidation or receivership or both of the server, there is to be no compensating of holders of one asset by means of depriving holders of some other asset of that other asset. If dollars are stolen, too bad for dollar holders, cryptocoin holders should not be affected. And vice versa.

- -MarkM-

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
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=o2fJ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
legendary
Deployment of market-maker scripts has now been resumed, using the new high level API calls to place offers.

This means that more and more markets, at various scales, should start filling with offers as creation of the full gamut of scripts for more and more asset-pairs proceeds...

These scripts basically aim to bracket the values shown in the asset valuation reports that are online at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-
legendary
Live and Let Live
New Windows Development Builds...

These builds have a few more dependencies, but have full debugging symbols included.

Follow the instructions here to install the dependencies:

https://github.com/da2ce7/Open-Transactions/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-Windows.txt

Win32:

https://github.com/downloads/da2ce7/Open-Transactions/OT_0.84.e_Win_x32_Debug_2.7z.7z

Win64:

https://github.com/downloads/da2ce7/Open-Transactions/OT_0.84.e_Win_x64_Debug.7z

Common: User Data

(if you already use OT, and upgrading, only update the 'opentxs' folder)

https://github.com/downloads/da2ce7/Open-Transactions/ot_user_data_9300ce0.7z
legendary
I have been collecting asset value statistics for a while now, and created some very primitive HTML outputs of that data, and just now have finally gotten around to adding an index page providing links to the various stats pages:

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

Also, I have now created fresh new "mints" for the currency type assets (not shares type assets), so now the untraceable Chaumian-blinded cash system for all the currencies should now work. (And if not, well we are in process of making sure it does, so please try it and let us know if there are any bugs.)

-MarkM-
legendary
As I understood it, the issuer need not be the server, so as long as currencies as issued remotely, is this still an issue?
My problem is, I live in Malaysia, and internet here is crap. There's no way hosting a server here would be viable.
So am I out of luck, since I can't possibly be in physical control of the server?

You could wait for all the auditing stuff to be completed and then find a server that is willing to let you issue assets.

I had not wanted to allow third parties to issue assets on my server as I felt I could not be sure my users could be compensated if the issuer ran away with their backing assets or simply lied about their existence. However some users came up with a suggestion which no on in the securities section of the forum seems to have found fault with: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rfc-underwriter-galactic-milieu-92725

So maybe with such an "underwriting" system third party assets might be feasible.

-MarkM-
Activity: 642
Merit: 500
As I understood it, the issuer need not be the server, so as long as currencies as issued remotely, is this still an issue?
My problem is, I live in Malaysia, and internet here is crap. There's no way hosting a server here would be viable.
So am I out of luck, since I can't possibly be in physical control of the server?
Pages:
Jump to: