Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 19. (Read 176798 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
I myself was a darkcoin fanatic. I deeply despised altcoins that were threatening to darkcoin. I know, that many current fanboys for other coins, feel threatened by monero., as I did. That's probably why they messaged BCX about monero. However, I am not like them, I still keep up darkcoin and still hold a very sizable amount, I've also looked into every other altcoin proposing anonymity. I truthfully, have to say, that out of all the anon coins out there, Monero beats them all, in design, features, and development team.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
interesting..
i read everyone replies since i last posted here and it's nice to see people talking not name calling LOL

i have no need or interest in any anonymous coin so the reason Monero was made is lost on me entirely.
so take that away then what am i left with ?

BCX's comment on the block chain size in the future is a VERY interesting point !
That sounds to me like a step in reverse..

he said word for word basically.. he was contacted he said to look at shitcoin Monero.
and i can see why too..
the behavior in the forum on this coin matchs other coins.. topic spamming and bumping to be on page 1
that is a red flag usually so if you have your bag holders etc doing that then don't be surprised you get a backlash.. smarten up guys.
get some integrity.
most of us can tell if someone is name dropping and creating a topic for disguised advertising.
and there has been some of that i think going on with Monero.

It's better than a lot of coins from the sounds of it but that does not make it good either.
and i don't see fixing things that i myself do NOT consider to be a problem a good reason for Monero or any coin to exist.
I don't think so called anonymous coins have any usefulness at all !
The what are we left on Monero ?
This talk reminds me of VRC actually..
Adds stuff we don't need and tries to ride on Bitcoins coat-tails.. why bother with xyz altcoin when you can just use Bitcoin itself ?
and taking steps in the wrong direction is not smart or innovative or good etc etc..
like making a far more bloated block chain way worse that how bad many are already is dumb..
anonymity features are dumb gimmicky useless crap and and adding centralization to a decentralized norm is dumb etc..

i see STILL no matter what see guys thinking they found an excuse to make coin 1,001 and i don't buy it.
and making things worse is a symptom.. you can't add a feature not needed and make other features worse (the symptom)

so let me get this straight..
some guy made the coin Monero and took off and 7 guys took over and they wouldn't be bag holding now would they ?
so people jumped on it an dare trying to justify it.. and they say they don't are about money ? bullshit LOL

You clearly have no idea what you are taking about. Go research a bit and post constructive criticism instead of an irrelevant vague rant.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
interesting..
i read everyone replies since i last posted here and it's nice to see people talking not name calling LOL

i have no need or interest in any anonymous coin so the reason Monero was made is lost on me entirely.
so take that away then what am i left with ?

BCX's comment on the block chain size in the future is a VERY interesting point !
That sounds to me like a step in reverse..

he said word for word basically.. he was contacted he said to look at shitcoin Monero.
and i can see why too..
the behavior in the forum on this coin matchs other coins.. topic spamming and bumping to be on page 1
that is a red flag usually so if you have your bag holders etc doing that then don't be surprised you get a backlash.. smarten up guys.
get some integrity.
most of us can tell if someone is name dropping and creating a topic for disguised advertising.
and there has been some of that i think going on with Monero.

It's better than a lot of coins from the sounds of it but that does not make it good either.
and i don't see fixing things that i myself do NOT consider to be a problem a good reason for Monero or any coin to exist.
I don't think so called anonymous coins have any usefulness at all !
The what are we left on Monero ?
This talk reminds me of VRC actually..
Adds stuff we don't need and tries to ride on Bitcoins coat-tails.. why bother with xyz altcoin when you can just use Bitcoin itself ?
and taking steps in the wrong direction is not smart or innovative or good etc etc..
like making a far more bloated block chain way worse that how bad many are already is dumb..
anonymity features are dumb gimmicky useless crap and and adding centralization to a decentralized norm is dumb etc..

i see STILL no matter what see guys thinking they found an excuse to make coin 1,001 and i don't buy it.
and making things worse is a symptom.. you can't add a feature not needed and make other features worse (the symptom)
if you have new features that are good the best thing to do i think would be to make a new coin that addresses the other issues too.
so if adding anon features make the block chain way bigger than most coins now don't you think the point 2 should be corrected before launching coin #1,001 ?
see what i mean ?

so let me get this straight..
some guy made the coin Monero and took off and 7 guys took over and they wouldn't be bag holding now would they ?
so people jumped on it and are trying to justify it.. and they say they don't care about money ? bullshit LOL
legendary
Merit: 1005
For the time being I am looking at solving the diff issue.

Is this your chain?

I'm one of the core team members and the original person to fork the bitmonero repo, so I have some say in what gets committed to master.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Muddafudda seems pretty lazy, since he started this thread around 500 more shitcoins appeared. What the hell is he doing?

NEWS FLASH !

This war on shitcoin is as fake as BitcoinEXpress and his fake war on the pathological liars and cheats we know as Cryptsy.

@Hippietech

I'm not real sure what your issues are with me are but you need to get your facts straight. I am not in a war with Cryptsy and have always been one of their biggest fans since they launched. For a very short time I had some issues with them not related to the trading but they worked it out rather quickly with the proper motivation.

- snipped -

~BCX~

I distinctly remember your warnings about the impending attack on their servers with BitJohn and some of the regulars playing along by acting concerned/scared.

I don't have any screenshots or chat logs to prove it...  yet. Grin

legendary
Merit: 1005

* The blockchain will be (and grow) most likely larger than bitcoin one (for the same usage), by a linear factor. Probably something like 5~20 times. Many people don't think it's a problem since it's the price to pay for anonymity. Is this range of numbers not acceptable for you?

If MRO has a goal of being confined to a niche coin used only by people that have an absolute need for anonymity, then a huge block chain that crawls is no issue.

If MRO desires to be a widely accepted form of money transfer and storage, then speed and anonymity will be what puts it out front of all coins. No such coin exist today.

Solve the diff issue, solve the bloat issue, break the known barriers.

~BCX~

The diff issue we're not too worried about. The current algo requires you to manipulate timestamps for 12 hours, which is difficult, and you'd need >50% hash rate to successfully pull off a timestamping attack given that you can't overtake the main chain without a higher cumulative difficulty. If you have >50% hash rate, you can do lots of other terrible things anyway.

As far as the bloat issue, we watch the blockchain every day to make sure it isn't being abused, if it is we'll raise fees immediately and pass that code to the pool ops. We're trying to keep the fees low to incentivize the spreading of wealth around right now.

I wouldn't really classify Monero as a shitcoin, we never had a premine or instamine (like ByteCoin) and the distribution so far has been very fair:
http://monerochain.info/charts/coins
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw
how will you make creators to stop mining that shit coin? more reduction in mining means more attractive mining...it's a loop that never ends Smiley
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
So this impacts all CN coins? Interested to know if it impacts BBR too. BBR's only small problem is launch a few days after BitMonero. Well that and the huge Polo pump/scam going on in order to suck in new investors. Apparently the admins of the exchange are openly talking about their orders and positions. Huge buy walls set up by the usual suspects with insider help and what not.
legendary
Still wild and free
I'm looking forward to read more as to why BCX calls monero a shit coin, because for the moment this is pretty much baseless and thrown out there "just like that". Personally, this is the first time I invest in an "alt"coin. I'm very strongly irritated/against altshits usually. But I'm almost equally irritated by people who talk shit without reseaching a minimum a priori.

I never said it was a shitcoin, I said I had multiple PM's from people asking me to look at a shitcoin called Monero. At the moment I haven't decided yet but it might have some promise. It does however have some very fundamental flaws that will need to be addressed if it is to survive.

True. Apologize then.

2) Bloat - currently anyone that wanted to spend a few BTC and has mid level developer skills could bring MRO to a grinding halt today. Simply increasing transactions four times combined with doubling the hash rate, something that will definitely happen with increased adoption will bring the chain to a halt. Do the math, in one year you will be looking at at a theoretical 75-100GB block chain. A solution needs to be implemented. Several are discussed on this forum over the past years.

* Can you explain why doubling the hash rate would have an effect on the blockchain size or required bandwidth? I don't see why.

* The math are simple, but can you share your initial assumptions? In particuliar, did you take the current amount of data going into the blockchain, multiplied by 4? Because a large part of the current blockhain size increase is due to the blocks (for instance an empty block still takes size), and if you had 4 times more transactions that does not equates to 4 time the data that currently goes into the BC.

* The blockchain will be (and grow) most likely larger than bitcoin one (for the same usage), by a linear factor. Probably something like 5~20 times. Many people don't think it's a problem since it's the price to pay for anonymity. Is this range of numbers not acceptable for you?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Interesting thread!

I'm going to stay here to help if i can  Wink
Great work, guys!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Nice to see BCX back stateside. Hope that we can count on your rigorous QA testing in the coming weeks.

I never said I was back stateside just yet but I do have more time for the next week as one my biggest partners is off playing Cowboys & Indians Ukrainians and Russians. I have dropped quite a bit of hashes on this over the past 24 hours.

It is showing signs of promise but I am still in evaluation mode and in any case Bitjohn will determine the next course of action.

~BCX~

My mistake, just exuberant to see activity here on your part. Big fan of your work. Grin
legendary
Still wild and free
CryptoNote / Monero
Bitcoin is not anonymous, but with some 'best practices' it can have a good measure of privacy making it difficult to penetrate.
Monero is also not anonymous, but what it does is automates those best practices into the protocol making them the default transaction type.

Wait wait... Can you do a ring signature manually with Bitcoin ??

Yes.  It takes a lot of work, ad hoc multisig wallet creations.  Doing it multiparty even worse as then it takes OOB comms and trusts.  Total PITA.
Do you have source for that?
It seems to me that you can maybe make one ring signature with super complex ad hoc wallet creation, but that you cannot have in the ring some previous inputs of the blockchain.

There is also another great post of aminorex yesterday, for all those who don't grasp the importance of privacy for everything other than black markets:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7998097

I'm looking forward to read more as to why BCX calls monero a shit coin, because for the moment this is pretty much baseless and thrown out there "just like that". Personally, this is the first time I invest in an "alt"coin. I'm very strongly irritated/against altshits usually. But I'm almost equally irritated by people who talk shit without reseaching a minimum a priori.

EDIT: Just reading your post above. This looks already a bit more backed up. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
CryptoNote / Monero
Bitcoin is not anonymous, but with some 'best practices' it can have a good measure of privacy making it difficult to penetrate.
Monero is also not anonymous, but what it does is automates those best practices into the protocol making them the default transaction type.

Yes.  It takes a lot of work, ad hoc multisig wallet creations.  Doing it multiparty even worse as then it takes OOB comms and trusts.  Total PITA.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
CryptoNote / Monero

legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
Yes, bitcointalk doesn't give a shit if criminal activities are being planned and executed vs a "shitcoin", but it will be a different story in case of monero. It won't end well. And bcx knows this, and won't do shit.

I can't speak to what bitcointalk cares about or not.
But accurate criticism is always welcome.  So I'd encourage BCX to bring it on.

When there is a disagreement, that is a good thing.  A reasoned argument is welcomed.  It means that at least one of us is going to learn something.  On days where I teach someone something that is a good day, but days that I learn something are the best.  I am hoping for a very good day from this.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
CryptoNote / Monero
Monero is also not anonymous, but what it does is automates those best practices into the protocol making them the default transaction type.  It makes the best security practices of using Bitcoin into all transactions using Monero.  It also goes a bit further and makes this all pretty easy for the users to not screw up, making these best practices so simple and easy that it could be delegated to a low level employee at a corporation.

"Corporation?  I thought all this privacy was so illegal things could be done?"  Maybe someone thinks that, but a much bigger untapped market is the corporate use for internal multinational settlement.  Bitcoin would be great for this, but corporate competitors would be able to see the transactions and know what their competition is doing when they send funds from division A in Singapore to division B in India.  The competitor sees this in the block chain and maybe gets involved in India as well.  So the corporation wouldn't use it for that purpose without doing all the complicated privacy things.  Doing that with Bitcoin is too hard for them to delegate to people all over the world.  Monero solves this problem.

This is a market 1000x as large as all your dark market illicit trading.  It takes what would otherwise be hard, to the point of untenable, and makes it easy and viable.  This opens a new frontier in how crypto currencies may be safely used, and brings some of the larger interests to our side of the table rather than being disinterested or opposed to our ideas.
Activity: 966

Can someone help a noob out, why all the hate for the new alternate currencies?

~BCX~

Haven't seen you in the alts section in a while hows Aura coin doing? Grin  I'm guessing Spoetnik and his boys hate for alts are fueled by their failure to launch shit coins and capitalize on the alt market so now they've basically gone the route of going full retard.

Yeah I have been out of the US for the past few months and busy as hell. I've had a few people PM about looking at another shitcoin called Monero so I did. It took me me less than two hours to find a really big hole. When are devs going to learn that rapid retarget is an open invitation to an exploit? I'm going to drop a herd or two it till I figure what I am going to do.

It all really depends on what Cryptsy does with it.

~BCX~

Monero has seen backing from some "trusted" (high green) people on the forums so I'm curious to see were this gos. Do you plan on forking Monero like you did with Aur?

Yes, bitcointalk doesn't give a shit if criminal activities are being planned and executed vs a "shitcoin", but it will be a different story in case of monero. It won't end well. And bcx knows this, and won't do shit.
legendary
Majority of people are naive or do not care about Dark instamine because price goes up and hype is crazy high.
Same situation with Dreamcoin. All hail about its  zerocoin implementation possibility and price skyrockets. I have reason to believe that zerocoin will not be fully implemented in that coin any time soon. So im watching that topic with great interest. Soon those teenages will start to turn against eachother and, dev probalby abandons the coin like he did with hes previous coins and all will end up worse than blackcoin did.
Serious and more compicated coins which have great devs, suffer under lack of interest.
HBN, NOVA, WDC and couple of others. All have devs or dev team, who are extremely capable. MYR as well, but luckily MYR gets at least some attention.
My hope is that those coins which have capable devs will not abandon their work and all those X11 and some Scrypt junk coins will soon be forgotten.

CMON ! NVC and that stinky craptsy admin posing as a hobocoin ?

How is HBN's pre-ANN instamine treating you and/or your friends ?

Don't forget to add the crazy high PoS interest !

Block 1 - 2013-07-24 04:36:29 UTC
http://hbn.blockx.info/block/0000031f60f7e757eae4ea0af682c9330d1e0dcb9354e98e2eaf3a3884730d52

Block 100 - 2013-07-24 04:42:12 UTC
http://hbn.blockx.info/block/0000044a8e81eb2dcb0501c3bc6d02dac2859398c9537bb716cfc89fbcc0706b

Block 1000 - 2013-07-24 05:19:02 UTC
http://hbn.blockx.info/block/00000011033940a5e63d741171e54fb44ed8ddf9494a3f209f56f56e1a60e449

Block 3000 - 2013-07-24 17:26:31 UTC
http://hbn.blockx.info/block/00000002d9bb92b5aa5d492607874efe37a0a31bb67d515287c3a76346017ea3

3000 blocks... 12 hours ... lol !

Is this the original ANN, dated Sept 27/2014, for HBN ? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hobonickels-hbn-high-fast-stake-version-20-more-secure-less-intensive-303749

Lets see you guy take down this one !

Or.. how about IFC ? 42 ?
legendary
Muddafudda seems pretty lazy, since he started this thread around 500 more shitcoins appeared. What the hell is he doing?

NEWS FLASH !

This war on shitcoin is as fake as BitcoinEXpress and his fake war on the pathological liars and cheats we know as Cryptsy.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: