Pages:
Author

Topic: Opinion on the US - page 18. (Read 18959 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 02, 2013, 11:05:21 AM
I don't know how it works in Europe, but the US is meant to have small government.
We're to blame for giving politicians that much power to begin with.
Anything from this point forth will be damage control methinks.

I actually compare EU to the USA, the difference is Federal Government has too much power over the states, this can be good or bad, it depends what issue is being analyzed, the EU does not have much power over the countries, it's all about economical agreements.

The tendency around Europe is for decentralized government, my country, Portugal, is not a good example, but in the Nordic countries many of the important decisions are being made at the local level.

I see many people talking about the US constitution as it was the best document ever made for a society to be organized, I couldn't disagree more, and I don't think a bunch of christian, slave owners, old white guys a couple hundred years ago ever could do such a thing, they did what they could with what they knew, now we know better, but I feel that that patriotic constitution thing is almost like religion, very hard to change, and dogma is always a problem.

This said, there are lots of good people in/from the US, and lots of bad people, like everywhere else.

I follow US politics as much as I can, and the republican/tea party/libertarian crowd are just too hilarious, for me it's almost unbelievable how such stupid people got into a power position, but like John Kerry said, in America you have the right to be stupid.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 02, 2013, 10:08:28 AM
I don't like it.  I don't like any nation but America takes the cake for having the most corrupt, overreaching and powerful state with the most passive, sheepish (albeit paradoxically angry) people.  What they're putting in the water is working.  I'm on the first plane out once I can save enough, which is tough since they keep taking what little I earn to pay for the lives of people who I've never met and pay their own debts that have nothing to do with anyone; any entity which makes no money but forms a debt (and lets not even get to how big this nation's debt is) is essentially saying, "We spent your money frivolously and now you're going to pay for it."  And then we wonder how we're going to pay off all this debt like it's supposed to be our problem, which is twice as funny knowing that we won't be paying for it, it's future generations; to support the state is to sell your kids to debt, and you will be supporting the state, or else.

America: "I drink the kool-aid and so should the rest of the world."
Well I'm glad people are taking notice.
Say what you will about republicans, but atleast they seem like they're trying.

I haven't been to the USA for about 15 years.  But I thought it was amazing place, awesome natural beauty (the Grand Canyon is a must see), met a lot of great people and I never felt unsafe. Unfortunately it seems lately that your politicians and corporate bosses are only interested in looking after themselves and not the interests of the people or country.
I don't know how it works in Europe, but the US is meant to have small government.
We're to blame for giving politicians that much power to begin with.
Anything from this point forth will be damage control methinks.
Activity: 8
Merit: 500
October 02, 2013, 07:09:14 AM
I haven't been to the USA for about 15 years.  But I thought it was amazing place, awesome natural beauty (the Grand Canyon is a must see), met a lot of great people and I never felt unsafe. Unfortunately it seems lately that your politicians and corporate bosses are only interested in looking after themselves and not the interests of the people or country.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
October 02, 2013, 08:42:17 AM
Work hard to live the American dream. That's what life is about, isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
October 01, 2013, 11:58:45 PM
I don't like it.  I don't like any nation but America takes the cake for having the most corrupt, overreaching and powerful state with the most passive, sheepish (albeit paradoxically angry) people.  What they're putting in the water is working.  I'm on the first plane out once I can save enough, which is tough since they keep taking what little I earn to pay for the lives of people who I've never met and pay their own debts that have nothing to do with anyone; any entity which makes no money but forms a debt (and lets not even get to how big this nation's debt is) is essentially saying, "We spent your money frivolously and now you're going to pay for it."  And then we wonder how we're going to pay off all this debt like it's supposed to be our problem, which is twice as funny knowing that we won't be paying for it, it's future generations; to support the state is to sell your kids to debt, and you will be supporting the state, or else.

America: "I drink the kool-aid and so should the rest of the world."
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
October 01, 2013, 10:50:13 PM
There are many good points of US for e.g. free speech, second amendment, etc. But I am sorry to state that it's all falling apart slowly Sad
It's like the proverbial boiling frog story with the American people. Nobody feels the decline since it's slow and gradual but if one looks back 10 - 20 years they do realize it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 01, 2013, 09:29:31 PM
What about the last resistance agaisnt zombie stalin.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 01, 2013, 08:02:58 PM
There's good people and bad people everywhere...

I voted "Fat people". Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
October 01, 2013, 07:56:45 PM
I would like to know the general opinion of my country.
Nobody seems to like it, I don't really like it and it has this weird dollar thing.
Pages:
Jump to: