Pages:
Author

Topic: Opinion on the US - page 10. (Read 18959 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
:)
November 13, 2013, 09:42:03 AM
Haha funny  Grin

I recall someone from the US blaming bitcoin where only used to illegal stuff like drugs, killing and such like.. Wonder what they use the dollar for, "apparently not the same" Smiley

Oh, btw. A great American Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
November 12, 2013, 02:26:36 PM

You just have to remember: there is nothing is for free in that life. Somebody pays for it as taxes or other way. Yes, if you not willing to work and live on social help, you will get help, despite that you are a parasite.

I don't mind that my taxes go to help someone with the misfortune to get sick and without the resources to deal with it.  I'm happy enough if I never get into that situation.

What pisses me off is that we have an extremely inefficient health care system largely because, IMO, it is for profit.  More profit is to be made by charging more and giving less and skimming the middle.  It's as plain as the nose on one's face.

I do not appreciate it at all that the government is complicit in forcing me into a situation where my tax dollars go not to people who need it but to and industry with useless parasite CEO's making $100k per day.  This is classic 'merger of state and corporate power' and Obama is as good at it as anyone has been to date.  It only takes a person who can complete a sentence to impress my liberal friends these days, and Obama is relatively good at that.

The FDA has a strong hand in this.  Having exceeded the bounds of its reason for existence long ago, it has created a giant and expensive approval process that is also ineffective.  The time it takes to bring new medicine to people has about doubled, from 8 years in the 1960's to about 15 years today and the cost is close to US$1B for a single drug.
http://reason.com/archives/2011/01/25/government-pills
As a result, we get less innovation for a greater cost, and a large incentive to game the process.  Less attention to more uncommon illness, and a proliferation of minor tweeks to existing medicine to prolong the patent protection without benefit.
Their process also increases medication shortages.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/02/13/health-care-leaders-drug-shortages-major-threat-patients/9XfOujrFRSEW5FBOkc1cmK/story.html

But worse even is that the FDA stranglehold doesn't end with the drug approval.  The manufacturer must get approval for how much of a drug it plans to produce with its "output controls".  We hear of fear of the "death panels".  they are already here.  Drs at John Hopkins had to ration cytarabine (treatiing leukemia and lymphoma) deciding who will live and who will die because of the FDA controls.  Other centers were less lucky and ran out completely.
http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2011/06/08/rx-drug-shortages-regulation-can-be-deadly/

And the FDA creates artificial monopolies.  "17P" was used for years to help expectant mothers from having pre-mature births, made by pharmacists cheaply for $10 a dose by low income families, until a company called Hologic got the FDA to approve this progesterone fomula and got exclusive rights to it, raising the cost to US$1500 per dose (US$30000 per pregnancy).

The costs are really because of private for profit enterprise?  More so the costs are because "private enterprise" can wield the power of government against the rest of humanity to enrich themselves.  Where you put the blame sort of depends on whether you think government should be doing this sort of thing in the first place, or on the other side, whether you think government should be doing everything and we should all be working for government.  It is the weird blend that some people think of as "private enterprise" (that is in reality anything but that), which is the source of the problems.

This gets compounded year by year because any failure of the system is used as an excuse to increase the system, until the system becomes too-big-to-fail, and then fails.

Putting our health in the sole hands of policy makers is wise, up until it isn't, but in the long run, we are all dead.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 11, 2013, 08:55:57 PM
I'm sorry, as a Canadian, I see Americans as plain fat people who have a huge nuclear explosion Grin
I'm sorry, as an American, I see Canadians as people who travel in USA to fix they medical problems, as with their healthcare system they wait in line forever just to make MRI.

The two-tier system we are slowly moving to in Canada is awesome.

I can have my health care for free if I am willing to wait, or if I have money I can get it done right now, and thereby shorten the waiting time of people behind me.

Everyone wins.

You just have to remember: there is nothing is for free in that life. Somebody pays for it as taxes or other way. Yes, if you not willing to work and live on social help, you will get help, despite that you are a parasite.

Or maybe a baby of a parasite Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 11, 2013, 08:39:13 PM

I don't mind that my taxes go to help someone with the misfortune to get sick and without the resources to deal with it.  I'm happy enough if I never get into that situation.

What pisses me off is that we have an extremely inefficient health care system largely because, IMO, it is for profit.  More profit is to be made by charging more and giving less and skimming the middle.  It's as plain as the nose on one's face.

I do not appreciate it at all that the government is complicit in forcing me into a situation where my tax dollars go not to people who need it but to and industry with useless parasite CEO's making $100k per day.  This is classic 'merger of state and corporate power' and Obama is as good at it as anyone has been to date.  It only takes a person who can complete a sentence to impress my liberal friends these days, and Obama is relatively good at that.

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 11, 2013, 08:32:11 PM
I'm sorry, as a Canadian, I see Americans as plain fat people who have a huge nuclear explosion Grin
I'm sorry, as an American, I see Canadians as people who travel in USA to fix they medical problems, as with their healthcare system they wait in line forever just to make MRI.

I can have my health care for free if I am willing to wait, or if I have money I can get it done right now, and thereby shorten the waiting time of people behind me.

Everyone wins.

Canadians pay monthly healthcare dues to fund the system, so I guess it's not totally free.
Activity: 134
November 11, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

Everyone wins.

Vod
legendary
November 11, 2013, 08:11:11 PM

Everyone wins.
Vod
legendary
November 11, 2013, 08:09:17 PM

LOL - clearly photoshopped but funny!
Activity: 134
November 11, 2013, 08:06:20 PM
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
November 11, 2013, 06:16:49 PM
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
November 11, 2013, 06:34:25 AM

Canada's a real country?  It must be, right?  Always thought of it just as something that happens when you drive too far north...  Now that i think about it, we keep our old garden tractors & old furniture there, stuff like that...  Not really sure.

I'm not sure if USA is a real country either. It looks like weird mashup of pieces of desert and such run by corrupted tv show stars... Grin
And I don't even want to go to these pieces of desert... Grin
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
November 11, 2013, 06:32:35 AM
Bitcoin has the power to suppress USA, if it becomes an international currency > > The value of US $ will fall >> US Banks will overtax >> People getting cash strapped >> Protests >>> REVOLUTION  Cool
Wish there was a way to tell all the poor citizens of USA its truth.
For e.g
That when they eat at their local McD's ~~ they eat "thing" which does not get spoilt for 4+ years if kept in open ~~that they contribute more to the GM industry when they eat at such food joints.
November 10, 2013, 06:56:28 PM

Canada's a real country?  It must be, right?  Always thought of it just as something that happens when you drive too far north...  Now that i think about it, we keep our old garden tractors & old furniture there, stuff like that...  Not really sure.
Activity: 146
November 10, 2013, 06:36:06 PM
I would like to know the general opinion of my country.
Nobody seems to like it, I don't really like it and it has this weird dollar thing.

My opinion is that America is built for the rich, geared for the rich, and laws are for the rich where the rich feel they don't need to play by the same rules as the rest of people

If you are poor in America, you are nothing, you considered a failure. There are 300 million different people in the US but the culture of hyper-consumerism and materialism is dominant.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
November 10, 2013, 06:35:45 PM
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 10, 2013, 04:59:23 PM
The land of law makers, making $1,000,000 per year. While a CEO barely gets to chance to make that amount, and create value with job creation.

Huh?

Politicians 'create' probably more jobs than corporations now a-days and probably always have.  At least since the 30's.  Many of them through by contracting through corporations for various projects.  Some of the projects result in durable infrastructure, and some of them just burn money into the economy.

None of our politicians that I am aware of may $1M/year unless you count kickbacks which are increasingly common.  OTOH, that is not an uncommon earning for CEO's.

We do have GINI index which is up into the danger zone where bad things start to happen.  This, more than anything, explains the rapidly expanding investment in internal security infrastructure (e.g., the NSA programs and integration of state and corporate security apparatus.)  It is fascinating that China is similar in this regard.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
November 10, 2013, 04:10:52 PM
The land of law makers, making $1,000,000 per year. While a CEO barely gets to chance to make that amount, and create value with job creation.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
November 10, 2013, 03:31:51 PM
If you are asking in regards to the individual US citizen, then it is a stupid generalizing question. I've met idiots and nice people in the US. Just like EVERYWHERE else on this planet I have been. The one thing I would say, is that US idiots are usually, ehm, heavier than in most other countries.  Roll Eyes

If you mean the US government: I am mad at my own right now, I have no time for anyone elses'. Though it would be nice of the US government to make at least a token effort of reigning in their intelligence services.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
November 10, 2013, 02:08:40 PM
AMERICA IS EVIL  THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

All bad that you can imagine in today's world is somewhere related to world-wide actions of America.

They create their own terrorists then, tell them to attack the country they need oil from. Then, after a attack  they show the world they are the saviors and send their army in thousands to that country. And inside they smuggle all the resources of that country.

- 9/11 was done by America itself, to create a fake Osama named puppet and get resources from Afghanistan.  Undecided

- GM seeds from america have spread all over the world to spread cancer, so that their tie up with medical industries reaches new heights while more & more people buy cancer treatment.

- The western medicine is a trap, when you buy a medicine it stops the symptoms of one disease, and inturn spreads another disease so you have to buy more medicines, and on and on in a cycle ~

- They spend billions on warfare technology but not on positive thing for example like how vehicles can get a alternative natural fuel or run on solar power.

..much more I can write a whole book on this. Its high time the world needs to know of the bad deeds of America

FTFY. Most of the people of America don't have a clue, though the internet being everywhere is helping.

I do think some of the things you've listed are more accidental and synergistic than deliberate, but unfortunately I have to agree with the bulk of you statement. It sucks being born in America long enough ago to remember when they actually meant some of the things they preach. Or at least had some need to maintain the illusion.
November 10, 2013, 10:00:01 AM
AMERICA IS EVIL  

All bad that you can imagine in today's world is somewhere related to world-wide actions of America.

They create their own terrorists then, tell them to attack the country they need oil from. Then, after a attack  they show the world they are the saviors and send their army in thousands to that country. And inside they smuggle all the resources of that country.

- 9/11 was done by America itself, to create a fake Osama named puppet and get resources from Afghanistan.  Undecided

...and we pulled it off , too!  That's how slick my boy Obama is.  

- GM seeds from america have spread all over the world to spread cancer, so that their tie up with medical industries reaches new heights while more & more people buy cancer treatment.

Lolz, you don't know the half of it.  Not only do we give you cancer, we giving your cancer cancer & afterwards you can't even die right!  You turn into zomblers doing Obama's bidding!  

- The western medicine is a trap, when you buy a medicine it stops the symptoms of one disease, and inturn spreads another disease so you have to buy more medicines, and on and on in a cycle ~

Now you're saying that, just wait 'till you turn into a grain zombie!  You'll chew out your own eyeballs for a Preparation H fix.  Ever had zombie hemorrhoids?  Too awful to talk about.

- They spend billions on warfare technology but not on positive thing for example like how vehicles can get a alternative natural fuel or run on solar power.

ORLY?  Pesky foreigner, we had Atomic Cars since the '50s. Cool

..much more I can write a whole book on this. Its high time the world needs to know of the bad deeds of America

Yeah, me too.  We should partner up.
Pages:
Jump to: