Pages:
Author

Topic: Optiona is allways good. 16nm ASIC, 100w/THS 0.1J/GH on wall. MAX: 31THS/miner!! - page 4. (Read 19495 times)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100
I'd definitely purchase this if it's reasonably priced. I've had too many failed s9's and it's beginning to get frustrating
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
well..this is interesting at least!
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
Looks like its going to be CRAZY loud.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Same here. I can review and paid for the unit. Let me know.

Happy to see a new miner on the market.  Grin

Well, I am ready to pay for couple of these miners too. And yes - the review will be done too!  Smiley
legendary
Don't get too carried away guys.... "the price is BTC0.42/THS, fob china"

0.42BTC per THS considering it's 10THS, that makes it around 4.2BTC

That's definetely some old numbers. This miner should be competetive to S9, so the price should be about 2.5-2.8BTC. The lower the better. )
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
the last miners i bought of you turned out to be " to fragile to ship" according to you.
so you said you would have to host them,  which turned out very badly, with  over 50% downtime.

i was lucky to roi.
once bitten twice shy, i will never trust you again.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 943
Don't get too carried away guys.... "the price is BTC0.42/THS, fob china"

0.42BTC per THS considering it's 10THS, that makes it around 4.2BTC
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
10 TH, 1000W, @ ~0.5BTC....  I would be in to try one as well.  It fits within the "single circuit" end-user mentality, and it will be stable and reliable... then I can easily see it making back it's cost and more (given my free power sites I have).
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Where's that price coming from? I'd expect the ASICs to cost more than that by themselves.
legendary
So this thing only costs .42BTC did I hear that right ?  I might grab one if its really that cheap.

I will buy 5-6 pcs at that price (depends also on shipping cost).  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Bitfury for sure, and if you ask me the ability to adjust Vcore is a requirement for a miner.
Agreed. I am more than willing to pay for the additional parts a software-adjustable buck takes and take the slight eff hit.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
So this thing only costs .42BTC did I hear that right ?  I might grab one if its really that cheap.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

I am willing to do a review and pay for a unit.

Looking forward to something different then the s9.

Same here. I can review and paid for the unit. Let me know.

Happy to see a new miner on the market.  Grin
legendary
Bitfury for sure, and if you ask me the ability to adjust Vcore is a requirement for a miner.
legendary
I think the Avalon4.1 was about the only miner made in the last two years or so with non-hack Vcore adjustment. Not surprised to not see it.
It does simplify things and gives a few % more overall eff at the cost of no local Vcore adjustment. Given that many folks use server PSUs it would be nice to have a V+ remote-sense plug for feedback to the PSU so voltage drop from PCIe lead ga/length is taken out of the picture...

Who's chips are in this? BitFury? Canaan Creative?
legendary
I think the Avalon4.1 was about the only miner made in the last two years or so with non-hack Vcore adjustment. Not surprised to not see it.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
one good news.
the aisc is done.working sample is ready. all spec will very online very soon.sales will be started when stock ready.
take a look.

I am willing to do a review and pay for a unit.

Looking forward to something different then the s9.
legendary
Since this is v1.0, I suggest ditching the current data cable connectors: Looks like they use crimp pins to wires or later a ribbon cable I assume. A pain to make costing $ in un-needed labor. Use simple MCS connector and standard ribbon cable slit to width/length.

3M is a Brand name for them but there are many other suppliers all using the same standard. Easy to automate and even if done by hand takes seconds to make a cable. Place connector, lay in cable, place top, squeeze together, done. For those who like to play, easy to make any length desired. Better yet, since the sockets are SMT, less chance of damage plugging/unplugging MCS/ribbon connectors vs any with squeeze latches (Bitmains come to mind...).

Also do not see any Vcore regulator(s). Relying on PSU stability/adjustment?
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
I'd even consider if the price is decent. Wish I got samples when y'all got samples, that's way ahead of my dev.

Looks like two independent strings of 26 chips?

52 chips per board and 104 chips per miner then.  Do we have accurate stats on the chips to work out hashrate and wattage?
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Those kind of look like Antminer S1 heat sinks or am I just seeing things?  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: