Pages:
Author

Topic: Optiona is allways good. 16nm ASIC, 100w/THS 0.1J/GH on wall. MAX: 31THS/miner!! - page 5. (Read 19495 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I'd even consider if the price is decent. Wish I got samples when y'all got samples, that's way ahead of my dev.

Looks like two independent strings of 26 chips?
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1000
Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!
Oh wow ! Nice ! Might just have to buy one of these if the price is more reasonable than the shit Bitmain is pumping out.
option is allways good.
legendary
Activity: 1819
Merit: 5547
Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser
Oh wow ! Nice ! Might just have to buy one of these if the price is more reasonable than the shit Bitmain is pumping out.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Okay, now this is a nice surprise!
Is there an estimated release date, price?  Smiley
legendary
one good news.
the aisc is done.working sample is ready. all spec will very online very soon.sales will be started when stock ready.
take a look.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
I did hear back from Bitfury in regards to the email I sent them a while back.  It says they do monitor the forum for scams. 

I referenced this thread and the returned email stated "We’re aware of the thread you reference and will take appropriate measures if necessary. Currently we have no reason to do so."

I wanted to make sure to post the response here in case it caused any problems for the OP and I hope they do in fact produce some miners for the community. Wink
legendary
The price isn't actually bad, if it actually exists AND meets that 10TH at 0.1J/TH efficiency specs.

Unlike existing miners, it should remain profitable for a long time after the halfing this summer, even with the competition it should face.

True, with cheap power like 0.06KWH it will be profitable for the next 500 days including halving and 6% diff adjustments. Kicks miners like the S5 out of the water which will all be unprofitable in July.
maybe more days.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
The price isn't actually bad, if it actually exists AND meets that 10TH at 0.1J/TH efficiency specs.

Unlike existing miners, it should remain profitable for a long time after the halfing this summer, even with the competition it should face.

True, with cheap power like 0.06KWH it will be profitable for the next 500 days including halving and 6% diff adjustments. Kicks miners like the S5 out of the water which will all be unprofitable in July.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Yeah, and let's face the fact that block reward halving is most likely coming approx. in summer..

edit: this said from price aspect
Activity: 61
Merit: 1
I would definitely need to see a demo or a review of this before I would even think to consider it. That price alone is a huge turn off for me on this product. Caveat emptor indeed.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Its crazy how short everyone's memory is. When I suggested you could run the S7 off 4 PCI-E (~275W) everyone shit their pants, even though that's exactly what they'd already been doing for years.

It's crazy how poor your reading comprehension can be. Nobody was shitting their pants.  You suggested something that -although is within the guidelines for the wiring and connector- clearly violates Bitmain's warranty policy, and effectively voids it.  Something you have been very sure to inform others not to do (and to include disclaimers when they suggest doing such things to others) in the past. The hypocrisy was the issue, not the specs. And, your response to that was "Bitmain is wrong" in this case.  Roll Eyes

Tell me, do you think Bitmain would hear the reasoning on PCIe and wiring specs if these boards would have only had 2x PCIe plugs melted to them instead of 3, regardless of whether or not it would have made a difference? (Hint: I'm aware it wouldn't have made a difference, except in the denial of warranty)

This is crazy man is the first s7 on fire that i seen what is the main couse?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
What you've posted was clearly not caused by the PCI-E connectors so.................................................................. Yeah now I remember it was mostly you that was flipping your shit, because you wanted to sell more of your $60 breakout boards and $4 PCI-E cables.

Good god you are truly helpless. You should really work on your reading comprehension if you still plan to go to University one of these days.

Yes, back to the topic at hand, dogie looking for re-assuring pats on the head to feel important.  Good dogie, you were right about something that absolutely nobody was questioning and is completely self-evident given published data. Have a cookie.

I'm not comfortable with over 250W on a PCIe cable personally.  I ran many S5's with single 1.35mm^2 PCIe cables per board (closer to 15awg cabling) and they all turned the connectors brown over time, and that is only about 275W.  If it's 1000W at the wall after PSU efficiency, it would probably be fine.  But if they want to leave room for over-clocking, or that is DC wattage then they would definitely be better off w/ 6 connectors.
legendary
The point that it voids Bitmain's warranty is still a valid concern. Not exactly valid for the actual topic of the thread, which is "16nm ASIC, 10THS/MINER,100w/THS 0.1J/GH on wall".

It would be nice to see at least six connectors on a 1KW miner. SP20s made me a bit leery when some clockings were asking for around 300W per connector. None of my hosted machines smoked out, but I did see one or two connectors starting to brown a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Tell me, do you think Bitmain would hear the reasoning on PCIe and wiring specs if these boards would have only had 2x PCIe plugs melted to them instead of 3, regardless of whether or not it would have made a difference? (Hint: I'm aware it wouldn't have made a difference, except in the denial of warranty)
What you've posted was clearly not caused by the PCI-E connectors so.................................................................. Yeah now I remember it was mostly you that was flipping your shit, because you wanted to sell more of your $60 breakout boards and $4 PCI-E cables.

Anyway, back to the actual topic of the thread....

Its crazy how short everyone's memory is. When I suggested you could run the S7 off 4 PCI-E (~275W) everyone shit their pants, even though that's exactly what they'd already been doing for years.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

It's crazy how poor your reading comprehension can be. Nobody was shitting their pants.  You suggested something that -although is within the guidelines for the wiring and connector- clearly violates Bitmain's warranty policy, and effectively voids it.  Something you have been very sure to inform others not to do (and to include disclaimers when they suggest doing such things to others) in the past. The hypocrisy was the issue, not the specs. And, your response to that was "Bitmain is wrong" in this case.  Roll Eyes

legendary
If you've got good 16AWG cables, sure. 18 gauge, forget about it. And when you get up close to capacity for your cables you want to check them evey now and then because if one pin isn't connecting properly you're overloading the other two which can cause heat, which can cause contact oxidation, which increases resistance which causes more heat. Bitmain likes to play it safe with power, which is why they put 4 connectors on the S3 (less than 100W each) - which makes the KFC Neptune hilarious in context with its single connector for an equal or larger power draw. A miner requesting more than about 250W per connector is a questionable design, and they darn better let you know what is and isn't an acceptable wire size to use on it.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
250 watts per PCI-E 6-pin connector is within the connector specs

legendary
We are back with latest 16nm ASIC,supported by BITFURY.
1, 10THS/miner,
2,100W/THS, 0.25J/GH on wall
3, 4X 6pin PCI-E
4, Gross weight 5KG
5, size: 350x140x155(adjustable according the design)
the price is BTC0.42/THS, fob china.
miner ship at end of march or early April.

What the hell!!
What is that i am reading? the miner will have 0.25J/GH on wall??? the same eficience than a S7??  Huh Shocked Sad
its mistake. has been corrected to 0.1J/GH
legendary
We are back with latest 16nm ASIC,supported by BITFURY.
1, 10THS/miner,
2,100W/THS, 0.25J/GH on wall
3, 4X 6pin PCI-E
4, Gross weight 5KG
5, size: 350x140x155(adjustable according the design)
the price is BTC0.42/THS, fob china.
miner ship at end of march or early April.

What the hell!!
What is that i am reading? the miner will have 0.25J/GH on wall??? the same eficience than a S7??  Huh Shocked Sad

100W /THS is 0.1J/GH and would be very good.  Smiley

Rich

Please, look at the first post, they add 0.25J/GH, not me...  Undecided

Ok sorry thought you had added that. But if they can't even get that right it just goes to show that they don't know what they are talking about...  Huh

Rich

Even the title of the thread have been updated, so maybe not a typo.
from
16nm ASIC, 10THS/MINER,100w/THS on wall.
to
16nm ASIC, 10THS/MINER,100w/THS 0.25J/GH on wall.

If those new numbers are real, there was no need to go to 16nm, and the price will be barely better than actual S7 pricing
its mistake. has be corrected to 0.1J/GHS
Pages:
Jump to: