Pages:
Author

Topic: Optiona is allways good. 16nm ASIC, 100w/THS 0.1J/GH on wall. MAX: 31THS/miner!! - page 7. (Read 19495 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Bitfury is using immersion tech in it's new mining center(s), per at least 2 announcements I've seen from them.

NOT applicable to a home miner.

But they have also specified a lower 140GH/s v 184GH/s rating for an air cooled chip.

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Bitfury is using immersion tech in it's new mining center(s), per at least 2 announcements I've seen from them.

NOT applicable to a home miner.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
We need action, not just words
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
Here is my parsing of the situation:

Bitfury has mining centers or not with 16nm tech.

If they do have mining centers with 16nm tech, they can't loan one unit from the thousands that are mining for promotion? They can't even produce promotional material from one of the thousands of units? Even if they don't like LightingASIC, Bitfury can't loan a unit to a reseller they consider reputable?

The only conclusion that I can come up with that doesn't reflect badly on Bitfury, is that the 16nm tech miner is still under development or being prototyped.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

the other supplier miner price may be dropped to competive with us. but new asic is not like one piece of cake. so, in next coming 6 months, only this aisc can do  100W/THS .
I am NOT counting 21etc, which seems to think that stupid "bitcoin computer" is worth selling.

21inc do have efficient chips hashing away in traditional miners. But VC money = "look how we're innovating and leading the market" yada yada so all we get to see is the RaspberryPis mining machines.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

the other supplier miner price may be dropped to competive with us. but new asic is not like one piece of cake. so, in next coming 6 months, only this aisc can do  100W/THS .

By April, (quite a bit LESS than the 6 months you claim) I anticipate there will be more than one chip that can achieve that 100W/TH at the miner level.
 I am NOT counting KnC as they don't sell to the public ever.
 I am NOT counting 21etc, which seems to think that stupid "bitcoin computer" is worth selling.
 I am NOT counting BitFury lightbulbs.
 I am ONLY counting companies with a good history achieving their stated performance with reliable equipment and a stated intent to sell to small/home miners.

I won't be entirely shocked if it's 3 companies meeting that target by April, and would bet a small sum on at least 3 making and selling miners in that range TO THE PUBLIC by 6 months from now (assuming the OP actually sells something real, not bad CAD pictures with specs that don't match the chip they claim they are using).

Bitmain already has mentioned working on 14/16nm full custom, though no specific details yet (they want to push as much S7 as they can while it's still a viable product).

If this machine was real and available in the next MONTH, it would probably be a ground-breaker - 3 months from now it should be playing catch-up, 6 months from now it WILL be playing catch-up.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
So at this point in time this is just an idea. You have taken the Bitfury spec, done a small amount of maths, nocked up a graphic that bears no relationship to the final product and started a thread?

He has Bitfury's documentation, chips soon. This is a guy that has made plenty of previous miners so its not as if its just that rendering. As he said (and I said previously), its a mockup of the formfactor and nothing more.

Can we see the purchase order from Bitfury?  How about the documentation?  You state "He has the Bitfury Documentation, chips soon", how do you know?
So at this point in time this is just an idea. You have taken the Bitfury spec, done a small amount of maths, nocked up a graphic that bears no relationship to the final product and started a thread?

He has Bitfury's documentation, chips soon. This is a guy that has made plenty of previous miners so its not as if its just that rendering. As he said (and I said previously), its a mockup of the formfactor and nothing more.

All of that may well be true, but for those of us who are new we constantly have beaten into us by the old hands not to trust anything that does not look right, or has very little to back up claims being made.

So if this is from an experienced Miner Manufacturer they should know better than to produce some useless and misleading graphics.  If they have Bitfury Documentation they should be able to use that to put together specifications and drawing that are far more credible than this.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

If only their hardware could be bought at ROI-able price...

They do really great ASICs, but mostly for themselves.

As for this miner, with such generic information and at 5 months of halving, it's dubious IMHO and I would not risk any preorder...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
These threads are just so annoying, you want it to be real, but everything about it does not add up. You just know that if this was your product, even at an early stage, the way you would present it and then follow up and answer questions would add information and credibility.

So it begs the question, given that unusually this is not a pre-sale, why do it?  OP what is the answer?

Rich
yes. we just announce the news. and pre-order still not start yet.

So you will start building this miner from scratch as soon as you get the chips from Bitfury ?
yes.

To be honest... it would be better without any graphics or website sales item.  If it were my product I would be saying nothing until I had chips from Bitfury and had the first prototype working, at that point you have something credible that you can measure, take pictures of and share.

I hope that this and many other designs based on the Bitfury 16nm ASIC are brought to market, but please spare us from announcements that any of us could put together in a Tea Break.

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Not sure if this will help but thought I would give it a shot.

Great Idea Kilo17  Grin
legendary
aka "whocares"
Not sure if this will help but thought I would give it a shot.

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
You won't get much money (or goodwill) out of anyone on this forum if you open sales before at least having a demonstrable prototype.

10W wall at 100GH per ASIC doesn't quite line up with what (scant) information we've gotten from Bitfury releases about the new chip, but at least it's in the right ballpark. You say you'll start building miners as soon as chips are available; does this mean you already have a design well underway? Or are you just announcing your intention to start designing a machine in the near future?
legendary
Activity: 1274
These threads are just so annoying, you want it to be real, but everything about it does not add up. You just know that if this was your product, even at an early stage, the way you would present it and then follow up and answer questions would add information and credibility.

So it begs the question, given that unusually this is not a pre-sale, why do it?  OP what is the answer?

Rich

So you will start building this miner from scratch as soon as you get the chips from Bitfury ?
yes.

dude tip  don't do per-orders, I would do per-sells if you care enough, wait till you have it in hand then sell it or take orders then, because if you need cash to buy the chips etc  that can lead to  bad things down the  road ands usually does , by taking per-orders that tells me you either need the cash to buy the chips or you plan to steal it which I hope is not your motive and so much can happen, in two months that can lead to bad or good things . and i have seen good intentions go to the way side because of time . if you noticed i have not once called this a scam, i did say if it's not, that doesn't mean the same thing with me .

cya
legendary
Activity: 986
Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!

So it begs the question, given that unusually this is not a pre-sale, why do it?  OP what is the answer?

Rich

yes.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com

Rich

legendary
Activity: 986
Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!

Rich
legendary
aka "whocares"
I know this is a novel idea, how bout posting something, anything.  It could be a contract with you and Bitfury, a PO, a letter from Bitfury etc.  

Right now I see a thread that looks like another thread on here for Yesminers - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-hardware-or-scam-1126303

I hope I am wrong but doubtful

Pages:
Jump to: