Pages:
Author

Topic: Organized crime in bounties... - page 10. (Read 1479 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
Vave.com
November 08, 2018, 06:55:50 PM
this is extremely bad as people who want to earn honestly tokens simply cannot compete with bots and get a penny for the bounty campaign. it should not be
It really is, but most people have no idea what’s happening. They think bounty hunters are lazy, but we are not!! It the scammers and bounty managers who are lazy.
thank you, bro, at least we all can be careful now, I've also heard that all there are many scammers in the crypto world. we have to take care of our account from fraudsters.
Activity: 238
Merit: 113
November 08, 2018, 06:47:39 PM
thank you this is very helpful, lately I've become more serious about the projects I do bounties about
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
November 08, 2018, 06:45:53 PM
To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...

I hope this was helpful...
Bounty programs wont really ever get rid of cheaters as long those people do see the opportunity on making money there would always be a tendency to cheat.
For bounty managers inexperienced would really have that flaw even the professional ones where there are really people can still pass out even how the manager would
check out.Not all are perfect but good managers can somehow detect but still need assistance from the participant itself.
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
November 08, 2018, 06:32:57 PM
This is not new these days because the bounty era has slowly been gone due to these bots and fake accounts plus the lazy manager who just check every weekends but not doing anything during workdays. I hope someone would settle things first if someone was into a bounty campaigns because as a bounty hunters i feel bad for being cheated.
Activity: 504
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
November 08, 2018, 11:38:50 AM
What if I tell u that there are a couple official bounty teams who constantly cheat on bounty participants? I guess u know them too.
Activity: 854
November 08, 2018, 11:36:17 AM
I think that's really unfair for legit bounty hunters trying their best. Imagind being cut off by a large margin of fake accounts or multiple accounts.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
November 08, 2018, 11:33:35 AM
thats why kyc process is a big help to know legitimate hunters. sometime managers has also connected with this kind of crime they leave it happen because maybe some of fakes accounts are made from theirs. so, much better to know who is the best and trusted leaders.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
November 08, 2018, 10:13:55 AM
This is my first time knowing those things! I think scammers would really do everything for a huge amount of money even it took a lot of effort
I encountered a bounty spreadsheet flooded by fake information for telegram campaign, probably a scammers doing.
copper member
Activity: 155
Merit: 0
November 08, 2018, 10:12:53 AM
there must be special software that prevents scammers from using bot accounts to follow bounties, experienced bounty managers usually have a way to detect bounty participants who use multi accounts.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
November 08, 2018, 10:08:28 AM
It's all depends we choosing a project.. If you want a good quality bounty, just follow the most trusted bounty manager, find project who have a strict rules for participant (strict rules have possibility to avoid who cheat on bounty).

I totally agree. The scammers use their fake accounts in the groups to complain and confused the real people
Yea ~ I've seen so many things like that. There are too many scammers in the bounty campaign and I think the best solution is that every person who wants to participate in a bounty needs to post proof at bitcointalk
Activity: 504
Merit: 14
Miracle Tele
November 08, 2018, 09:56:38 AM
     It's good to sign up for projects where there are trusted managers who have not fooled people so far. I know that this method does not give a chance to the debutants who are well intentioned, but it is a measure of protection for us, the bounty hunters.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
November 08, 2018, 09:54:49 AM
These are the reasons why I never join bounties that do not protect their bounty hunters, there is bounty campaign that you will need a verification before you can join this is good they can easily trace who are cheating their bounty campaign, I hope all bounty managers will apply this.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
November 08, 2018, 09:46:45 AM
Scamming bounties has become a new source of income for organized groups of scammers. Groups with developers on their payroll are using software to create thousands of bots and dumping them in airdrop bounty to collect 100’s of thousands of dollars in bounty tokens. Airdrops may not seem like much, but when you have 20K fake accounts receiving 10-20 tokens, it’s a huge payoff.

In addition, these groups are paying copywriters a few hundred dollars to write 3-4 articles and then google translating them in many languages and posting under many fake accounts. Often using newbie BCT accounts to protect the higher ranking accounts they created to put in signatures campaigns.

This kind of scam has started to flourish because the bounty managers who manage the projects are too lazy or inexperienced to watch out for these scammers.

Bounty hunters get a bad reputation because of these scammers. Also projects can’t  get quality work because good bounty hunters don’t want to waste their time, since their hard work will be diluted by scammers.

So to protect yourself when doing a bounty:
1. Watch all activities and report scamming to bounty managers ASAP
2. Google your own articles to see if someone has posted it under their account.
3. Don’t waste your time with airdrops

To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...

I hope this was helpful...

Some managers are to blame for acts like this. There are some managers that have devised means to prevent acts like this. For instance, some of them have decided to introduced the use of proof of stakes, which is also useful in curbing any scam attempt.
Then for mangers who manage lots of bounty programmes, if they feel they cannot effectively management the works before them with the available manpower, they should get more helping hands, in order to allow for proper monitoring.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
November 08, 2018, 09:51:10 AM
It's all depends we choosing a project.. If you want a good quality bounty, just follow the most trusted bounty manager, find project who have a strict rules for participant (strict rules have possibility to avoid who cheat on bounty).

I suggest you think again when you believe too much about them, because it is simply not possible for them to be so good without profit. But anyway this is the good way that I see from your comment and You should be more careful with yourself.
Activity: 1435
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 08, 2018, 09:40:36 AM
it is really a fraudulent act that must be stopped immediately because it will harm other participants because there are several airdrop programs that distribute the prize equally for all participants and if the number of participants is large then the prize that will be received by each participant is very little and of course it's a loss for participants who only have one account
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
November 08, 2018, 09:25:31 AM
Now Airdrop conducts Stellar (XLM) in conjunction with blockchain.com. I think it will be the biggest fraudulent airdrop.

What do you think why they spend airdrop?
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
November 08, 2018, 09:19:41 AM
This is not surprising. Opportunities in crypto are quite big, so, steadily it is also becoming a medium for syndicates to deceive and exploit financially other people. Having a great deal of knowledge about what you are joining is very important so you will not be used by these scammers.
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
November 08, 2018, 09:16:43 AM
I also notice that,I'm not sure but probably KYC for bounty hunters can helps with this problem, cheaters are everywhere and unfortunatly we can't get rid of them all.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
November 08, 2018, 09:08:54 AM
thread carefully. this days scamming scheme is getting much sophisticated.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
November 08, 2018, 09:08:11 AM

I totally agree. The scammers use their fake accounts in the groups to complain and confused the real people
Pages:
Jump to: