Pages:
Author

Topic: Organized crime in bounties... - page 9. (Read 1479 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 10
November 09, 2018, 06:10:27 PM
I just have this feeling that scammers do not have conscience. Have it been they have, they would have thought of it twice before reaping their fellow humans what belongs to them. Sometimes, these scammers just duplicate the entries of sincere hunters. It has also happened to me. There were times I look at the spreadsheet and discover that someone had used my details, except the ethereum address which is changed.
Activity: 350
💲
November 09, 2018, 04:54:44 PM
Well, at this point I think that if you get scammed into a bounty campaign, it is really your fault. There is much more knowledge nowadays than just 2 years ago. We know that a lot of ico and bounty campaigns are scam project. So, the simplest thing to do is to just a little research. Check the website, Chek the tram, check each and every member of the development team and you will know pretty soon if the project is legit or it is a scam project aiming to just steal your time and tokens
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
November 09, 2018, 04:48:59 PM
Very helpful tips. To be honest, I am not surprised that this is happening since greed is present everywhere. But some people are from very poor countries and are working under their bosses to scam other people, they really have no choice but to do it. I've heard of several "click farm" institutions where workers are exploited to spam and scam 24/7. While being poor is not an excuse to things like that, it definitely helps. But yes, all in all we should take precautions and try to minimalize scamming ourselves.
Activity: 280
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
November 09, 2018, 09:57:35 AM
I rarely participated in the airdrop because I found that in the airdrop participant spreadsheet, there were more than 5,000 participants registered in almost 1-2 days. I know that there are more than 70% of the robots. I don't want to compete with the robots.
Activity: 392
November 09, 2018, 07:50:29 AM
Scammers must always be avoided, before we participate, we must do good research, and a little discussion. if the scamer is also set, a bounty hunter is also needed to create a discussion group to avoid scamer
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1
November 09, 2018, 07:45:29 AM
Yes, now there are a lot of scams and a lot of different frauds on the part of scammers. Therefore, you need to be very careful when participating in bounty campaigns.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
November 09, 2018, 07:26:32 AM
Scamming bounties has become a new source of income for organized groups of scammers. Groups with developers on their payroll are using software to create thousands of bots and dumping them in airdrop bounty to collect 100’s of thousands of dollars in bounty tokens. Airdrops may not seem like much, but when you have 20K fake accounts receiving 10-20 tokens, it’s a huge payoff.

In addition, these groups are paying copywriters a few hundred dollars to write 3-4 articles and then google translating them in many languages and posting under many fake accounts. Often using newbie BCT accounts to protect the higher ranking accounts they created to put in signatures campaigns.

This kind of scam has started to flourish because the bounty managers who manage the projects are too lazy or inexperienced to watch out for these scammers.

Bounty hunters get a bad reputation because of these scammers. Also projects can’t  get quality work because good bounty hunters don’t want to waste their time, since their hard work will be diluted by scammers.

So to protect yourself when doing a bounty:
1. Watch all activities and report scamming to bounty managers ASAP
2. Google your own articles to see if someone has posted it under their account.
3. Don’t waste your time with airdrops

To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...

I hope this was helpful...

something like what you write about happened to localcoinswap content campaign. Although there was stake system according to to content quality, the manager has divided the total content pool into more than 2500 equal parts without any check)
Activity: 512
Merit: 100
November 09, 2018, 07:10:41 AM
This natural that bounty hunters will be blame because we all know that we are the same person that seek money here so we cannot deny that being called a scammers also.
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
November 09, 2018, 06:56:35 AM
They shouldn't be that difficult to detect, if they're using bots for sign-ups etc.
If the campaigns are actually somewhat decent, they can easily figure out the patterns of these bots and just deny them any payouts automatically.

That said, some campaigns just do not care. They're just in it for a quick money grab and they'll just pay out tokens to these bot farms.
Probably because it's cheaper for them than actually trying to fix it.

Very easy to detect for a bounty manager that is serious. Once signed up for a bounty and while still on the spreadsheets, hundreds of sign up were dropping in minutes. I detected it and called the attention of the bounty manager to it, and he said he's working to handle it.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 13
November 09, 2018, 06:50:52 AM
I agree with the author, this topic is very relevant now. In bounty, and especially in airdrop many scammers, who register their numerous accounts. In bounty campaigns, I often saw reports written with a difference of 1-2 minutes from Junior membur's accounts, and often having a negative trust and the same location and registered at the same time. I wrote to the Manager about it. I suspected these reports were sent by bots.
Activity: 262
November 09, 2018, 06:40:29 AM
Fraudsters always act according to a well-established pattern and rarely make adjustments. If you are promised gold mountains for nothing, then your brain should immediately cut off dreams from reality, otherwise you will end up as a mouse in a mouse. There is nothing complicated about it.
Activity: 241
November 09, 2018, 06:33:19 AM
I have heard about such crimes but have never faced them. I think that it is difficult but possible to avoid such scams if you know the pecualiarities of the whole system. To my mind, you should be able to check its reputability
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
November 09, 2018, 06:23:06 AM
To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...
The performance of a bounty manager is indeed taken into account, the impact is that if they manage the bounty campaign well then the result is they will get good rewards from the developer for a project and assessment from the bounty hunter. Bounty campaign is a promising promotional place for a project, so it is time for every bounty campaign actor, whether it is a bounty manager, a bounty hunter must really make a positive contribution to a project. And in many forums, people have made a study of the bounty campaign manager who is very trusted, so as I suggest if you are a bounty hunter if there is a bounty manager who becomes a bounty campaign then you can take part in the bounty.
Activity: 336
November 09, 2018, 05:46:28 AM
Thanks for sharing this post because I have never faced such scams before and I hope not to face them. I will be careful and will check the bounty more carefully than I did before
Activity: 364
Merit: 34
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
November 09, 2018, 05:44:31 AM
Because bounty managers are not moderated, only tag from DT members is not enough,...

Let try to get a red trust with comment "Cheating bounty with alts account" and you will know what effect of work that DTs are doing.

so when theymos still doesn't want to control this, it still happens.

Actually, this name of forum is Bitcointalk, not Bountytalk. Even Altcoin section just appeared in few years ago. And Bounties is a child board of Altcoin section, it is as a sub-part of Bitcointalk forum. If theymos and his team decide to excute Bounties section, Bitcointalk will be still alive.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
November 09, 2018, 02:56:58 AM
The problem is not only with bounty hunters, there are also many bounty managers who took money for managing scam ICO.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
November 09, 2018, 02:49:06 AM
Hmm i was not aware of the article stealing in such amount, i doubt that that it is happening in such huge scale and even if translating with google is going trough then managers are to blame, this is their work.

About the airdrops, I actually dont care . Good for them, if they actually can find decent airdrop which will allow yo use bots . I mean if they are able to all the tasks necessary to obtain airdop, which is a handful most of times.
I didn’t believe it myself until...
Imagine you are an English speaking bounty hunter reviewing Asian languages articles; spammed 100’s of times under hundreds of accounts? Article are targeted because it has the fewest participants.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
November 08, 2018, 07:10:22 PM
Bounty scam situation is very much, the ratio is occupying more than 70%. Currently, there is no solution that can solve this scam situation, the only way is to pick ICO carefully to avoid scam. With the current bad market condition, it is challenging to find good ICO projects.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
November 08, 2018, 07:06:05 PM
That's is truly correct some people create an project to got earn in a bad ways
That's the reason investors are scared to invest in bounty project because of that kind of modus
But not all bounty are scam there are so many bounties are working good with good promises
It's better to investigate well before take risk investing in scam project
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
November 08, 2018, 06:58:06 PM
Hmm i was not aware of the article stealing in such amount, i doubt that that it is happening in such huge scale and even if translating with google is going trough then managers are to blame, this is their work.

About the airdrops, I actually dont care . Good for them, if they actually can find decent airdrop which will allow yo use bots . I mean if they are able to all the tasks necessary to obtain airdop, which is a handful most of times.
Pages:
Jump to: