Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 24. (Read 122206 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Looks really good and useful as an idea. Hope its ok in practice too. Someone tried it?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
http://www.coindesk.com/case-bitcoin-wallet-pre-order/

Only 1,000 Case wallets will be available for pre-order for $199 or roughly 0.83 BTC .
Looks like an interesting concept, but a really expensive wallet. Don't think many people will be interested in a wallet like that at the current price point. Plus, most people already have a phone and it would be cheaper to just buy a Trezor + OTG cable to use with an Android phone.
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
http://www.coindesk.com/case-bitcoin-wallet-pre-order/

Only 1,000 Case wallets will be available for pre-order for $199 or roughly 0.83 BTC .
Activity: 58
Dear Bitcoiner:

CARTES America (http://www.cartes-america.com/) will be held in Washington D.C. on May 5-7. CoolBitX welcome you to visit our partner SmartDisplayer's booth #217 to have a hands on experience on our CoolWallet for Bitcoin storage, and payment.

Come and find out more about us.

Time

10am – 5pm, 5th May 2015 – 7th May 2015,

CARTES AMERICA Exhibition

Walter E. Washington Convention Center , Washington, DC

Booth 217

Entrance fee

Expo Hall: $50
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Between ledger and HW1 wallet, what do you think is better?
I can't figure out what's the difference between Ledger and HW-1 Wallet, except the price? Is Frederic Martin part of Ledger team?

just in case it's necessary to mention it, I'm the former CEO of BTChip, designers of HW.1, now merged in Ledger, and CTO of Ledger

The main differences are the price, the build quality (many people like the USB key form factor better) and the first use experience (Ledger Nano comes in a nice box, with a full documentation, and so on)

The HW.1 sales page will soon be closed to offer it (for the same price) on the Ledger website, so that should clear things up. It'll be an alternative option for people that don't care about packaging or the form factor and don't mind printing stuff themselves.

Fred is not part of Ledger although I know him well - he's working on Prismicide, which is basically an Open Source / Open Hardware version of Ledger Blue which will reuse parts of the Open Source components we plan to release.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Ironically, I just created a review article on the Ledger Nano just a few hours back which will soon be live on CryptoArabia. Now I'm quite clear on the pros and cons Cheesy
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
WOW I must buy one! Is there any way to recover if dameged?

Make a backup before you start using it. Keep the backup in a safe place.
Activity: 28
WOW I must buy one! Is there any way to recover if dameged?
Activity: 623
CTO, Ledger
I can't figure out what's the difference between Ledger and HW-1 Wallet, except the price? Is Frederic Martin part of Ledger team?

just in case it's necessary to mention it, I'm the former CEO of BTChip, designers of HW.1, now merged in Ledger, and CTO of Ledger

The main differences are the price, the build quality (many people like the USB key form factor better) and the first use experience (Ledger Nano comes in a nice box, with a full documentation, and so on)

The HW.1 sales page will soon be closed to offer it (for the same price) on the Ledger website, so that should clear things up. It'll be an alternative option for people that don't care about packaging or the form factor and don't mind printing stuff themselves.

Fred is not part of Ledger although I know him well - he's working on Prismicide, which is basically an Open Source / Open Hardware version of Ledger Blue which will reuse parts of the Open Source components we plan to release.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
Trezor just fine for me actually. Although they had a road to go, as of now it seems rather secure and they put the effort into keeping it that way.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
Just a heads up, the HW1 wallet link is broken, please try to fix it.
Between ledger and HW1 wallet, what do you think is better? considering the fact that money is not a problem. Moreover, I'd like to invite you to write for a blog that I started with great enthusiasm regarding wallets, but I haven't really had the time to write content. I outsourced a bit but then, didnt find quality writers.
BestBitcoinwallet.info is the blog
HMU via PM if interested in it. Also, skype:arsito.studio
mail:[email protected]
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

LiteCoinGuy

That was a nice review of the Trezor, thanks for posting it.

My experience has been similar, except that I do not run scripts nor use the advanced features (nor the MultiBit HD).  For me, the hardware is good enough, I keep my Trezor well-hidden and do not use it much.  I have not updated the firmware as I read something negative about someone´s experience doing that.

Even just using the Trezor in such a basic way that I do, I am very happy with it.

As I have written before, I am also very happy with the Ledger Nano.  The Ledger is cheaper, but both work well for me.
Activity: 58
Extracting the Private Key from a TREZOR

http://johoe.mooo.com/trezor-power-analysis/

Big respect !

Do you think that this HW wallet is more protected ?
www.eliptibox.com

according to them, yes

according to me, I don't know, because nothing is published yet

Them and coolwallet both look promising, but seems like nothing is happening.

We are at very final stage. Should be able to start shipping within one month.
Pages:
Jump to: