Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 22. (Read 122206 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
@OP: Can you add "open source" to open source projects and link to their repository? It certainly helps people. Thank you!

Very interesting. I have to admit I do prefer ledger to trezor BÜT trezor do have more functions.

Only screen, right?

I agree with Open Source.. Its very important.

What do you mean 'only Screen'??

Trezor have a screen to display and I forgot about buttons. That two things are the only more functions, right? I don't see much advantage in that TBH.
More wallets support it and multiple coins, i haven't seen ledger support any other coins than Bitcoin. I know Trezor does Dash and Litecoin.

Ledger HW1 does support altcoins and as Ledger nano is based on HW1 firmware, it also supports altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 924
@OP: Can you add "open source" to open source projects and link to their repository? It certainly helps people. Thank you!

Very interesting. I have to admit I do prefer ledger to trezor BÜT trezor do have more functions.

Only screen, right?

Trezor have a screen to display and I forgot about buttons. That two things are the only more functions, right? I don't see much advantage in that TBH.
More wallets support it and multiple coins, i haven't seen ledger support any other coins than Bitcoin. I know Trezor does Dash and Litecoin.

...and Nxt.
legendary

Only screen, right?

Wow I didn't know that!!! I will have to get mine out again in that case.
legendary

Only screen, right?

A display and buttons can protect you against malware on your system.

Only screen, right?

legendary

Only screen, right?

Only screen, right?
legendary
Especially if you get 2 ledger hooked up tot he same wallet... Keep one with you and 1 safe just incaSE
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Great
Never seen an hardware bits.....but it sounds interesting
legendary
legendary
I am a big fan of Leger Smiley

mytrezor I have used but always seemed to have problems when using.

Will consider getting a few others BUT would like to know if they are open source or closed source like ledger and Trezor?
legendary
Is not better to keep btc in an encrypted usb? if you have a lot I mean  Huh

That doesn't protect you if your pc is compromised (trojan, keylogger, other malware). Only a hardware bitcoin wallet which does offline signing can fully protect you. I recommend trezor, because it has a display and shows the btc address for the tx you are signing with it. That's an additional attack vector that malware on your pc simply exchanges the btc address of the recipient of your tx.

It can be corrupted if you didn't set up well but if you know what you are doing, it is secure to use a USB to store Bitcoin.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
It would be nice for this to update the topic title whenever the OP updates, sort of like the Overview for Signature Campaigns. I wasn't aware there was already a Ledger Blue in the making.
Pages:
Jump to: