Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 20. (Read 122206 times)

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
Two implementations are already available : Ledger and SatoChip - I'd also be interested to add a Java Card implementation of BloschTech's design on our wallet.
Sounds cool.

My card's code is not in Java unfortunately (ZC Basic), but anyone is welcome to build a java implementation on the protocol - I was hoping/planning for a diverse ecosystem when I designed it Smiley
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
CTO, Ledger
Fidesmo is considering offering open Yubikey Neos on which you'll be able to download your own Java Card Bitcoin Hardware Wallets or buy one.

Two implementations are already available : Ledger and SatoChip - I'd also be interested to add a Java Card implementation of BlosTech's design on our wallet.

If you're interested (everyone should be  Grin) just let them know
How can I use this card then?
You go to your local Bitcoin merchant, touch the card to his phone and give your PIN code.

The third time you go to the same merchant no PIN code will be required and you can simply swipe your card like Will Smith did in I, Robot.
(Don't worry it's still safe as there are various checks and limits in place)

If he/she does not have the required app show him/her the QR code on the front of the card.
Tell him/her it will make the Bitcoin payments faster, easier and more robust against internet interruptions.
(For the moment this is for NFC enabled Android phones only)
Doesn't that limit the usage of this card?
I'm not entirely sure which part you refer to.

Of course with a fully open source protocol and terminal app one way or the other I expect an IPhone app down the line - eventually even purpose built POS systems.
Activity: 132
Merit: 17
Would anyone here buy a disposable hardware wallet that is programmed ONCE, and then cannot be programmed with a different private key.  Instead, you just toss it and buy a new one if you want a different address.  It would only have a single address, but I could still see this having some use.

It would only cost maybe $5 per wallet, so you could have 5 of them for pretty cheap, and then just get a new one if you need a new address (they wouldn't be HD, obviously).  It would be like the old paper wallets, but way easier and more secure to spend from.  Would anyone buy it?

Update: Join the discussion here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/single-address-hardware-wallet-1096923
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

LiteCoinGuy

I went to take a look at their website: digitalbitbox.com, looks like an interesting product!

I like the use of the chip (like Ledger I suppose), I also like the fact that they say it will be simple and that there will be no firmware updates.  Both my Ledger Nano and Trezor are asking me to update firmware... 

I look forward to finding out how much it will cost and become available.
Activity: 854
You go to your local Bitcoin merchant, touch the card to his phone and give your PIN code.

The third time you go to the same merchant no PIN code will be required and you can simply swipe your card like Will Smith did in I, Robot.

If he/she does not have the required app show him/her the QR code on the front of the card.
Tell him/her it will make the Bitcoin payments faster, easier and more robust against internet interruptions.
Doesn't that limit the usage of this card?

legendary
Activity: 1372
* 0.9% fee the first year of use and 0% after that.

Usually it's the other way around....that's interesting.
Lol,  same here,  I was wondering why someone would charge for something initially and then remove fees. :p
The idea was to gamify usage so that you are rewarded for using your card.

The fee means I could basically give away the cards and build infrastucture.

Speaking of which you guys can send me your addresses if you want a free sample at:
[email protected]
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Im using blockchain wallet.
Is it secure?

it is not a hardware wallet, it is a web wallet.

you can use blockchain wallet (or other web wallets) for pocket money but not more than that.

store large sums of BTC in a hardware wallet!
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 854

Lol,  same here,  I was wondering why someone would charge for something initially and then remove fees. :p
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

Activity: 303
Merit: 250
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust

The card is a smart card based ultra-light Bitcoin client. This means the security integrity from the decades old smart card industry, cheap pricing and future proof interoperability.

http://www.blochstech.com/
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Bitcoin Hardware Maker Case Wallet Pockets $1.5 Million

Case Wallet Inc., just started taking preorders for its credit-card-size device used to securely store and send bitcoin, but it sees much broader applications for its biometric and other security know-how.

http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital/2015/06/18/bitcoin-hardware-maker-case-wallet-pockets-1-5-million/
Activity: 623
CTO, Ledger
Has anyone gotten a B wallet from coinCola?, I'm looking to buy a few of these to give out to my family and friends so they could experience a hardware wallet.

I tested one at some point. They introduced some weird changes to TREZOR firmware that they removed since then kept synchronizing with them. I have not followed up since to check how different / synchronized they are now.
Pages:
Jump to: