Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 25. (Read 122206 times)

Activity: 475
Merit: 250
Extracting the Private Key from a TREZOR

http://johoe.mooo.com/trezor-power-analysis/

Big respect !

Do you think that this HW wallet is more protected ?
www.eliptibox.com

according to them, yes

according to me, I don't know, because nothing is published yet

Them and coolwallet both look promising, but seems like nothing is happening.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Hi I see you have removed if it is Open or Closed Source.
Thats a little dissappointing
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Hello All,

We've started to sign transactions on the Testnet using our HW wallet prototype.
We apologize for the lack of updates. Until this month we have been very busy with the board, which is now in the final production stages and should be ready soon for components placement.

Now we are focused on the software side - both for the embedded and the mobile app.
We'll publish demos of the new SW and wallet features as they become available.

You can read more and see the transaction sign demo on our site:
http://www.eliptibox.com/#!EliptiBox-Prototype-Signs-Transactions/cw4e/552ec7fc0cf213f72454bbb0

You are welcome to contact us by our website anytime.

EliptiBox Team
www.eliptibox.com
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
Would like to got a sample unit, i asked them for, but they dont want to send me one  testing unit.. no surprised..
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
CTO, Ledger

Big respect !

Do you think that this HW wallet is more protected ?
www.eliptibox.com

according to them, yes

according to me, I don't know, because nothing is published yet
Activity: 7
legendary
Activity: 924

AFAIK if you used the PIN code passphrase feature, that attack is useless. Therefore the PIN is now mandatory.

Edit: sorry, I mixed the passphrase with the PIN code. PIN code is now mandatory to make it more secure, even if you don't use a passphrase.
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
CTO, Ledger
It's definitely not ridiculous and I can only wish we'll get more people testing that kind of complex issues. Congrats to johoe for taking the time to both demonstrate and fix it.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
By the way Blackarrow is deleting all post in their thread who point out their item is just a trezor clone and shouldn't be bought.

I would never trust them with my coins, they scammed a lot of people, and i doubt their wallet is "clean".
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
photo taken by ESSA-7 satelite. 1968
By the way Blackarrow is deleting all post in their thread who point out their item is just a trezor clone and shouldn't be bought.

i ve lost a stash of coins with BA, and i d never order from them again. espscially not an hardware wallet. I don't want to suspect them anything, but i just say that they haven't been serious in the past so i doubt that they are serious now. And business which involves BTC should be taken damn-serious.

@OP: thanks for the great overview. I d like to see the info Muhammed Zakir suggested you to add. If the wallets are open-source or proprietary-source. And you may add a warning to the BA e-Wallet until its properly checked and audited...
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Another suggestion: Please add "Source code" to the overview of wallets and mention whether it is Open or Partially-open or Closed.

This will also help users when choosing. Adding link to the source code is appropriated. Thank you!
Activity: 821
Appreciate you keeping this updated. Thanks
Activity: 42
thanks for the list and i guess people can see where is room for improvement i have heared a lot about trezor though but its really costly i would say
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Thank you, LiteCoinGuy, an excellent article.  I am happy that the Ledger guys thought ahead re security for their device.

I will probably go ahead and buy another one...    Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014
Hi lalaisen, have several manuals on the net about the use of hardware wallet of Trezor , on their official website that they wrote find , you can see it here: http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-user/index.html
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
CEO, Ledger
Is this protection applied with only their web wallet or does all wallet software have to challenge the device first?

Attestation is an API call on the hardware device, and it is up to the software wallet to implement it or not. Right now, only the Ledger Chrome application embeds attestation.
Activity: 55
Is this protection applied with only their web wallet or does all wallet software have to challenge the device first?
Activity: 57
Someone here show me how to use Trezor Please !

Thanks !
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

Nice article Smiley I seriously hope nobody finds a way to bypass these kinds of things... Although it's probably just a question of time before someone does.
Pages:
Jump to: