Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 31. (Read 122206 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FYI it'll be possible to use the Ledger Wallet interface with HW.1 and the next firmware release with some additional setup.
It is!? That is amazing news! You might want to say that in your HW.1 thread as well. 

+1.

It'll also be possible to buy our next hardware wallets with a discount if you own a HW.1 or a Ledger Wallet.
Do tell me when your next one comes out!

I really hope there is a 'Follow ' options here. Grin

~~MZ~~

I'm also interested. Cheesy I was thinking about buying a Ledger Wallet now but I think I'll wait for updates on this new one. Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
FYI it'll be possible to use the Ledger Wallet interface with HW.1 and the next firmware release with some additional setup.
It is!? That is amazing news! You might want to say that in your HW.1 thread as well. 

+1.

It'll also be possible to buy our next hardware wallets with a discount if you own a HW.1 or a Ledger Wallet.

I really hope there is a 'Follow ' options here. Grin

~~MZ~~
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔

Activity: 623
CTO, Ledger
Man, I wish that I had waited a bit longer with purchasing my Hardware wallet. I currently have the two HW.1's, but the Ledger looks so good and the  web interface looks amazing.

Same here! Maybe I will get one for free someday! Grin
   ~~MZ~~

FYI it'll be possible to use the Ledger Wallet interface with HW.1 and the next firmware release with some additional setup. It'll also be possible to buy our next hardware wallets with a discount if you own a HW.1 or a Ledger Wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
how about silverwallets? Are they good ?

So I better save some amount into hardware rather than the online one ?
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
the 1. CryptoLabs "Case" looks so good.  Cool

Indeed it does look impressive, but you need to rely on them to restore your coins if lost or broken. What happens when they no longer exist in 6 months, 2 years, or 20 years?
Activity: 861
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I just love hardware wallets, I own Trezors and HW1, I use the HW1 mostly as my hot wallet, and Trezor cold for long term savings, stored on several and physically stored in fire proof vaults in different locations.

Can't wait to try out Mycelium, and Cryptolabs. Though I prefer a hardware wallet that supports all crypto's and can be updated if preferred with any new altcoin one would prefer.
Two reviews on it:
"Litecoin storage not working. Relies on china company and servers to be up and running. If they go down so due your coins"
"What a PIECE OF CRAP. Relys' on hardbit network that is always down and your coins are stuck/lost."

Source please. So I can email them and can know what's their response. Or you can do it yourself, add the source if you are doing. Smiley

P.S. I think the Android app is depending on other networks for checking the balance, UTXOs etc... and that is what users complaining about. Maybe, they should use to SPV?

~~MZ~~
Yeah I just read some comments on it and it looks like the coins are stored to their network, no way. No sole ownership of private key, no thank you.

Where did you read that? It is a false information AFAIK.

Quote from: hardbit.cn/index.php/products/hb01m
HB01M is a Bitcoin and Altcoin hardware wallet which makes your Bitcoins and Altcoins theoratically absolute safe by shielding your private key from the internet with QR-code-only communication.
Quote from: hardbit.cn/index.php/products/hb01
HB01 is a Bitcoin hardware wallet which makes your Bitcoin theoratically absolute safe by shielding your private key from the internet with QR-code-only communication.

~~MZ~~
I am really thinking about purchasing a Hardbit wallet, any up or downsides to it? Would it better to just buy a 20$ prepaid android and sideload the bither or bitcoin app and never connect it to the network.

But we don't know what it is, like saivann said:

Quote from: github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.org/issues/696#issuecomment-68873314
Hardbit can be submitted separately if you think it is worth listing. This being said I think there is blocking issues that would prevent it from being listed. I can't find much public feedback about it and the app indeed seems closed-source without public specification although it's not using a Secure Element, it's apparently just a Android phone with a custom ROM and it's unclear if the firmware and app receive security updates.

This can also happen. Anyway, it is worth trying if you are HODLing altcoins or just buy Ledger, IMHO.

~~MZ~~
Man, I wish that I had waited a bit longer with purchasing my Hardware wallet. I currently have the two HW.1's, but the Ledger looks so good and the  web interface looks amazing.

Same here! Maybe I will get one for free someday! Grin

~~MZ~~
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Man, I wish that I had waited a bit longer with purchasing my Hardware wallet. I currently have the two HW.1's, but the Ledger looks so good and the  web interface looks amazing.
Activity: 583
the 1. CryptoLabs "Case" looks so good.  Cool
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
@LiteCoinGuy , Thanks for the useful thread dude Smiley
I'am really waiting for the Mycelium Card but seems like it's in Developement for ever now  Cry  Cry CryptoLabs "Case" looks pretty nice designed also , but not sure about security and stuff Grin I guess we should wait . (It would be nice if you add their websites (all of the wallets) )
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Hello guys,

We are working on a exchange site that will not keep users bitcoins but only fiat. The trade system is like Bitstamp where buyers/sellers post orders and deals are made when prices match. How does this sound?

In order to make this possible, users have to use our CoolWallet (a form of cold storage).
Here is the link for you to see the most convenient cold storage.
http://coolbitx.com/coolwallet/index.html

The exchange site will go live in about a month. We will keep you updated.

Let's make Bitcoin easier and safer to use.  Smiley

Neat, when does this 100$ hardware wallet start selling?

We aim to launch a crowdfunding campaign in before the end of Jan 2015, which you will be able to make an order  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Hello guys,

We are working on a exchange site that will not keep users bitcoins but only fiat. The trade system is like Bitstamp where buyers/sellers post orders and deals are made when prices match. How does this sound?

In order to make this possible, users have to use our CoolWallet (a form of cold storage).

interesting. i will have a look.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
This is not normal. When opening or closing the key, it shouldn't make any mechanical friction. Either the COB has been misplaced, or it is a default in our production facility. Could you please take a picture of it and send it to [email protected] ? If it cannot be fixed by gluing the COB in a better solution, we'll send you a new wallet free of charge.

No no, I did not mean to say it is scratching the chip, I'm saying, if I am not careful I could scratch it. The metal is flexible and has sharp edges. If one squeezes the case too tight while closing it it looks like it will scratch. This is not huge, I am always careful, I just think a smoother case or softer vinyl case would be better. Maybe something to consider in next version. I am enjoying this ledger nonetheless. Easy to set up and use!
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Hello guys,

The exchange site will go live in about a month. We will keep you updated.

Let's make Bitcoin easier and safer to use.  Smiley

https://images.indiegogo.com/file_attachments/1132359/files/20150105062136-CW_balance-2.png?1420467696
Pages:
Jump to: