Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 33. (Read 122205 times)

Activity: 360
Merit: 250
CEO, Ledger
when is going to be produced next model with nda and screen? will the price be similar?

As you can see, we are deep into the prototyping of our next generation wallets:

We are working on a few different products, with a mix of embedded screens, NFC, BLE and USB.
They will of course be based on a secure element, but will also integrate a regular ARM microcontroller with full open source capabilities (hobbyist and enthousiasts will be able to have a 100% open dev platform, the SE being deactivated in this case).
It is too soon to speak about retail price, but as our vision is to build a global decentralized digital identity security provider, you can expect the lowest realistic price possible.

First demonstrations will be done during the CES in January (if you are around, come visit us on our booth #21925).

We plan production release between June and September 2015.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
wow this ledger wallet could very well be my personal xmas present Smiley

i would like to know:
when is going to be produced next model with nda and screen? will the price be similar?

good question. would like that too  Smiley .

i would estimate they release that in mid 2015 and the price could be 50-65 Euro.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
wow this ledger wallet could very well be my personal xmas present Smiley

i would like to know:
CEO, Ledger
What do you mean some closed code? Ive seen good reviews on Ledger and have been considering grabbing a couple.

As written a few posts before:

The Ledger Wallet Chrome application is open source (https://github.com/LedgerHQ/ledger-wallet-chrome), but the firmware is closed source (NDAs prevents us to reveal some internals related to the secure chip). However, thanks to the complete specifications (https://github.com/LedgerHQ/btchip-doc) you can verify that the device is doing what it should, since it is using deterministic signatures and that clients follow the specification. Checking this by yourself should give you enough confidence to use it.
As we are based on a secure element, any client application can attest the legitimacy of the Nano. This means that you get the proof that you have in your hands a genuine Nano and not a "remplacement" switched by a third party during transportation.

Quote from: kkurtmann
My opinion is that Trezor is THE most secure hardware wallet of those available today or in the distant future.

FYI, your trezor affiliate code in your signature is broken.
Activity: 475
I like the look and what little description there is of BFL's hardware wallet. That might be one that I get also if it is not run like the Case.
My opinion is that Trezor is THE most secure hardware wallet of those available today or in the distant future.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
nice thread, actually there are very few alternatives of hardware wallets
the real good one is trezor,but its price is a little big high
ledger is good too,but it has no screen and some closed code

What do you mean some closed code? Ive seen good reviews on Ledger and have been considering grabbing a couple.
I've been considering - should I get some ledger wallets or a couple more trezors?  They both seem good except trezor is almost 3x the price... Any opinions?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1006
BCH Advocate.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Activity: 189
BitcoinStoreStarter.com
CEO, Ledger
For a full demonstration of the Ledger Wallet, you can see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzPdYuAYgd8
Activity: 189
BitcoinStoreStarter.com
Anyone have any of these and can post a review? I'm in the market for anything under $50
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 861
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I'm waiting for the Cryptolabs, can't wait to try it out.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Also, to be exact, the Nano (based on HW1) is not completely open source. The Ledger Wallet Chrome application is open source (https://github.com/LedgerHQ/ledger-wallet-chrome), but the firmware is closed source (NDAs prevents us to reveal some internals related to the secure chip). However, thanks to the complete specifications (https://github.com/LedgerHQ/btchip-doc) you can verify that the device is doing what it should, since it is using deterministic signatures and that clients follow the specification. Checking this by yourself should give you enough confidence to use it.
As we are based on a secure element, any client application can attest the legitimacy of the Nano. This means that you get the proof that you have in your hands a genuine Nano and not a "remplacement" switched by a third party during transportation.

thx for these extensive explanation. its always hard to make categories like these above because when you do this, you have to go into details  Undecided
i want to make a short overview about the existing hardware wallets. i dont recommend one over the other.

maybe i will remove this category because its not accurate and makes too much work.
CEO, Ledger
Also, to be exact, the Nano (based on HW1) is not completely open source. The Ledger Wallet Chrome application is open source (https://github.com/LedgerHQ/ledger-wallet-chrome), but the firmware is closed source (NDAs prevents us to reveal some internals related to the secure chip). However, thanks to the complete specifications (https://github.com/LedgerHQ/btchip-doc) you can verify that the device is doing what it should, since it is using deterministic signatures and that clients follow the specification. Checking this by yourself should give you enough confidence to use it.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
CEO, Ledger
Probably because you are in a EU country. But from the USA, you'll see 29€.
Pages:
Jump to: