Pages:
Author

Topic: overwhelming consensus excludes Lauda, remains in DT2, went in2 buz w sold act - page 27. (Read 11909 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
The significant benefit is that he tags scammers and helps keep that under control. Will he sometimes mess up with a rating?? most likely, but if/when he does he just needs to make it right. The trust system is not perfect, but no one can come up with a better one so it is what it is. Obviously other members of DT1 agree he is valuable otherwise he would not be back on.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just saying your criteria may have been carelessly worded. I know Lauda presents a clear benefit to the community, but I also can see why people are concerned for them to remain in a position of responsibility. They give people multiple chances and operate fairly from what I can tell; some are offended by their callousness, but this is not something I am concerned about.

I don't have enough information about Lauda specifically to have a stance, but I was simply saying that your criteria was weak and unsatisfying, in the manner it was presented/explained.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I feel that Lauda does a lot more good than harm for the forum and that is why I keep him in my trust list.

I'm not going to be the only person that's disappointed by this being the voiced criteria and reasoning for this. I don't disagree with the statement, but I disagree that this should be the criteria for keeping them on your list.

There are plenty of people that do more good than harm that still do a tremendous amount of harm, so much so that it would be very dangerous to use this reasoning.

You should keep them on your trust if you feel that they are very unlikely to do any meaningful damage to the forum in a way that violates or abuses the responsibility that comes along with DT; plus there should be significant benefit for their addition.

This reminds me of Dave Chapelle's bit about Bill Cosby; "He saves more than he rapes!"  Grin

The significant benefit is that he tags scammers and helps keep that under control. Will he sometimes mess up with a rating?? most likely, but if/when he does he just needs to make it right. The trust system is not perfect, but no one can come up with a better one so it is what it is. Obviously other members of DT1 agree he is valuable otherwise he would not be back on.
legendary
I feel that Lauda does a lot more good than harm for the forum and that is why I keep him in my trust list.

I'm not going to be the only person that's disappointed by this being the voiced criteria and reasoning for this. I don't disagree with the statement, but I disagree that this should be the criteria for keeping them on your list.

There are plenty of people that do more good than harm that still do a tremendous amount of harm, so much so that it would be very dangerous to use this reasoning.

You should keep them on your trust if you feel that they are very unlikely to do any meaningful damage to the forum in a way that violates or abuses the responsibility that comes along with DT; plus there should be significant benefit for their addition.

This reminds me of Dave Chapelle's bit about Bill Cosby; "He saves more than he rapes!"  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Can I receive one more point of clarification, since the topic seems timely... ?  Since SaltySpitoon just added Lauda to his trust network, does that mean that Lauda is back on DT2?   In other words, how many DT1 trust lists does Lauda have to be on in order to qualify for DT2?  just one?

While I have never claimed to be knowledgeable about DT this and that (cause I don't care), my trust rating has gone back up the ten points it dropped when she was excluded... so I would say YES she is back on DT2.   One other DT1 member's exclusion will be needed to remove her ( I think).

I checked, and yes, Lauda is back on DT2. I don't know shit about how many exclusions etc though.

Just to confirm: any user is on DT2 if included by at least one DT1 and if DT1 inclusions >= DT1 exclusions. So a total of 0 is enough (that's why I'm on DT2 even though excluded by OgNasty).
Now Lauda is included by SaltySpitoon, Blazed and hilariousandco; and excluded by HostFat, OgNasty and Tomatocage. The total is 0 and therefore she's on DT2. One single more exclusion from DT1 would remove her from DT2.

Looking like cats do have 9 lives after all. I feel that Lauda does a lot more good than harm for the forum and that is why I keep him in my trust list.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
Can I receive one more point of clarification, since the topic seems timely... ?  Since SaltySpitoon just added Lauda to his trust network, does that mean that Lauda is back on DT2?   In other words, how many DT1 trust lists does Lauda have to be on in order to qualify for DT2?  just one?

While I have never claimed to be knowledgeable about DT this and that (cause I don't care), my trust rating has gone back up the ten points it dropped when she was excluded... so I would say YES she is back on DT2.   One other DT1 member's exclusion will be needed to remove her ( I think).

I checked, and yes, Lauda is back on DT2. I don't know shit about how many exclusions etc though.

Just to confirm: any user is on DT2 if included by at least one DT1 and if DT1 inclusions >= DT1 exclusions. So a total of 0 is enough (that's why I'm on DT2 even though excluded by OgNasty).
Now Lauda is included by SaltySpitoon, Blazed and hilariousandco; and excluded by HostFat, OgNasty and Tomatocage. The total is 0 and therefore she's on DT2. One single more exclusion from DT1 would remove her from DT2.

Edit:
You only have 1-negative DT rating counting against you currently; each negative rating will only count towards your total if it is unique. It is determined by the amount of unique users have given you negatives, so your 2nd negative from OG does no harm if I'm not mistaken.
Right. Except positive feedback left after the last negative one has much more value than positive feedback left before it. Adding a new negative feedback (arguably for the same "fight") is almost equivalent to removing the positive feedback left after the previous negative (see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/minor-trust-score-algorithm-change-1066857).
legendary

If I'm not mistaken Lauda has been bouncing between on and off DT all-day.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

I think once their number is <0 (one more exception, as of right now) their ratings will not be actively counted as DT ratings.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;full

The exceptions/additions can be found here, where users with strike-through text have been excluded from that particular user's trust settings and where their name is present are the additions.

I think as of right now HostFat, OGNasty and Tomatocage are excluding Lauda from DT; While SaltySpitoon, Blazed and hilariousandco have added Lauda to their trust settings

Pretty sure a user's number is just +1 for an addition and -1 for an exclusion.

I guess I will live with 2 negs from DT1

You only have 1-negative DT rating counting against you currently; each negative rating will only count towards your total if it is unique. It is determined by the amount of unique users have given you negatives, so your 2nd negative from OG does no harm if I'm not mistaken.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Ouch!  Poor QS and this entire thread...

Will this thread ever be locked or we are going to have a continuation to drama here again?  Undecided

Quickseller started it, so it will not be locked until he gets his way... so... No.

Hahahaha... it's good to see at least some justice. I guess I will live with 2 negs from DT1, but fuck it. Most people know they are just Bullshit. Cheesy

Congrats to Ognasty and Quickscammer for trying to take complete a forum trust takeover and basically failing, I don't care. I will keep haunting you both though... just for fun because you are fucking douchecanoes of the highest order, forum-wise. Grin
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Will this thread ever be locked or we are going to have a continuation to drama here again?  Undecided

Quickseller started it, so it will not be locked until he gets his way... so... No.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1469

Vod
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Vod
legendary

Vod
legendary
I asked for a loan to help with my dogs operation years ago. It was a Non Collateral loan. I could have been fast triggered Red Neg. but people started asking questions and i answered them. After all was said and done i got a gift from a user of $1K or 1 BTC to help with the surgery.

Moral of the story? Don't jump to conclusions with a few posted words. Not that you do. The example is for others.

I remember that....
Vod
legendary
I think Lauda owes QS a small thank you. Were it not for the attention brought on by this thread, I doubt Salty would've added him to his trust list. How ironic.

Lauda!  Say thank you to Panther52 please....  

Don't you mean TC  Roll Eyes

I'm curious, why did you remove the "s" from Panthers52 before you posted it?   Huh

The same reason you changed "Lauda" to "him" in your post. Can't get those edits out fast enough...

LOL - I posted that as a joke, since I did edit Panther to Panthers AFTER you quoted it.... then I thought "this is not the best thread for a joke" so I deleted that post within 15 seconds.   Nice fast catch.  Smiley
Activity: 920
Merit: 1014
I asked for a loan to help with my dogs operation years ago. It was a Non Collateral loan. I could have been fast triggered Red Neg. but people started asking questions and i answered them. After all was said and done i got a gift from a user of $1K or 1 BTC to help with the surgery.

Moral of the story? Don't jump to conclusions with a few posted words. Not that you do. The example is for others.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
I hardly know shit about the trust system, except that I see that it is a link that I can click on in my profile.

And I can understand if you did a trade (or planning a trade)

The trust system is not just for trades.  I can distrust you for any reason.  If people trust me, then they trust who I trust.

Theymos picks the people whom he believes most match his morals to be on DT1.  Those members pick members they trust to go to on DT2.

DT2 then decides who they trust or not based on those morals. 

O.k.  Thanks for that basic explanation because I was not really clear about the parameters of DT1 and DT2. 

Can I receive one more point of clarification, since the topic seems timely... ?  Since SaltySpitoon just added Lauda to his trust network, does that mean that Lauda is back on DT2?   In other words, how many DT1 trust lists does Lauda have to be on in order to qualify for DT2?  just one?
Activity: 908
Merit: 657
I think Lauda owes QS a small thank you. Were it not for the attention brought on by this thread, I doubt Salty would've added him to his trust list. How ironic.

I don't.  Smiley   If TC and QS are the same person, I probably wouldn't hang around here much more, as my belief system would be so skewed as to be useless. :/

Oh that was 100% a joke, how people jump to conclusions over purely circumstantial evidence I don't know. There's a fair bit of paranoia about alts on here.
Activity: 920
Merit: 1014
I hardly know shit about the trust system, except that I see that it is a link that I can click on in my profile.

And I can understand if you did a trade (or planning a trade)

The trust system is not just for trades.  I can distrust you for any reason.  If people trust me, then they trust who I trust.

Theymos picks the people whom he believes most match his morals to be on DT1.  Those members pick members they trust to go to on DT2.

I disagree Vod. It's mainly for trading/selling but can be extended to scammers who try to abuse a loan situation which would be considered a "Trade" situation. Just because you distrust a person with their wording here on the forum doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy in regards to a sale or buy situation.  I have said tons of shit on here that might make a person think i'm "Untrustworthy" but have done business with the likes of Mods and DT users alike with no issues.

I think it's a case by case basis which deserves scrutiny but doesn't necessarily warrant a Neg.
Activity: 908
Merit: 657

I'm curious, why did you remove the "s" from Panthers52 before you posted it?   Huh

The same reason you changed "Lauda" to "him" in your post. Can't get those edits out fast enough...
Vod
legendary

Lauda!  Say thank you to Panther52 please.... 

Don't you mean TC  Roll Eyes

I don't.  Smiley   If TC and QS are the same person, I probably wouldn't hang around here much more, as my belief system would be so skewed as to be useless. :/
Pages:
Jump to: