Pages:
Author

Topic: Oyster Pearl: Why I think It's a Long Term Hold - page 5. (Read 2842 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 278
Current run up is because data dash guy(probably biggest crypto youtuber)made a video about it few days ago telling how he thinks that this project will be great,since the price action goes up.Yeah i like the idea of it but its still similar to monero miners that are used on some sites
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I also think that oyster is going to moon soon!!
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
I agree, PRL (Oyster Pearl) is great for long-term investment,
I have bad experience with PRL, I sold my 13,000 PRL for only $210  Sad, it's like a lesson to me,
I sold the PRL at $ 200. I am very remorseful of that because the PRL is really a good altcoin to hold long term. Currently I am considering to buy it to keep the 2018, I think it will grow very strong this year along with the trend of the crypto market.
Activity: 84
I have bad experience with PRL, I sold my 13,000 PRL for only $210  Sad, it's like a lesson to me,

This is the problem with bounty hunters... zero patience and know nothing about proper sell points.

Anyways guys Oyster has stayed steady at $1.70 today. Hoping for possible $3-$5 after testnet is released this month.

This is what others anticipated after the test net and after listing in a big exchange. Too sad I didn't see its potential early as I saw this before as an airdrop token and it didn't impress me before.
Yes, looking forward that. Will HODL my entire PRL got from bounty program and  just wait until test net release, PRL gets on big exchanges and lets see how far a real project can blow up.

I wouldnt sell before 1B Marketcap.
Activity: 854
Merit: 504

This is the problem with bounty hunters... zero patience and know nothing about proper sell points.

Anyways guys Oyster has stayed steady at $1.70 today. Hoping for possible $3-$5 after testnet is released this month.

This is what others anticipated after the test net and after listing in a big exchange. Too sad I didn't see its potential early as I saw this before as an airdrop token and it didn't impress me before.
Yes, looking forward that. Will HODL my entire PRL got from bounty program and  just wait until test net release, PRL gets on big exchanges and lets see how far a real project can blow up.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
Activity: 322
Merit: 31
http://oyster.ws
Exchanges: Kucoin, CoinExchange, EtherDelta
Rumored Exchanges: Binance
Marketcap: 40M
Circulating Supply: 62M
Total Supply: 108M
Current Price: $0.57
Testnet Launch: Late January 2018

My Projected Prices:

February: $2

- Testnet is released

March: $3

- Bigger exchange

May:$5

- Mainnet is released

October: $7

- Mass Adoption by websites and javascript applications

December: $9

- Close to 1B Marketcap

My Thoughts:

Oyster is a very interesting project that has amazing tech behind it. It has one of the most active teams in crypto and one of the most active telegram channels. Bruno works on this project 16 hours among with other team members, trying to get a testnet out for you guys. At only a 40M Marketcap, you can easily achieve 20x gains on this coin. The tech behind this project is easily a 200M to 1B Marketcap project. Which puts Oyster at a bare minimum $2.85 floor and a $14.25 ceiling. The coin is currently in a dip down to 57 cents, from its 87 cent high. Very good time to buy as big investors are trying to suppress the price. I really believe in this coins tech and it's low market cap and limited supply is like a gold mine waiting to happen. Please do your own research on the coin and see if it's the right investment for you.

My Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa4L4dlLQlg

Altcoin Buzz Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC-niM2aYIM

What is Oyster Protocol?

Oyster Protocol is a token which incorporates IOTA Tangle and Ethereum, aimed at addressing the current stand-off between advertisers and ad-blockers. Currently website hosts are losing revenue due to adblock, even worse, losing traffic as visitors are being forced to either turn adblock off, or pay a monthly fee for no ads — not for long. To fix the problem, oyster protocol provides a revenue stream to website owners by utilising a small portion of their visitor’s computer processing. The “work” done by the visitor’s computers is the back end “proof of work” needed to run Oysters encrypted secure data storage network.
How does Oyster Protocol work?

Lets put it like this…

John wants to store some sensitive data, he chooses to spend PRL to anonymously upload some files. The PRL is embedded in the uploaded files.

Sam decides to visit a website where Oyster Protocol is enabled, passively his CPU/GPU starts performing light proof of work to find PRL in encrypted data maps of uploaded files which are then fed back to the website host, effectively creating an entire revenue stream, cutting the need for adverts or fees.
Imagine this...

By fully adopting Oyster Protocol, Cryptocurrency exchanges could implement the code, allowing visitors to perform light proof of work in exchange for no trading fee’s. Now wouldn’t that be amazing.

To Read this full article by one of the community members at Oyster, visit this medium link: https://medium.com/@Cryptobear/what-is-oyster-protocol-ebac8f6f0b3b

It's already two dollars, if you hold on to something, I congratulate you, I think you can safely keep it on, the price will only grow.
I rely under rate this project, the growth has been sublimed so far and will be interesting when this currently rally will stop. I looked at your price projection which I don't really agree with, most of these projects are doing fine because the whole market is in a bull run

Stop trying to create FUD. This is just the beginning of cryptocurrency. Marketcap will keep growing rapidly.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I rely under rate this project, the growth has been sublimed so far and will be interesting when this currently rally will stop. I looked at your price projection which I don't really agree with, most of these projects are doing fine because the whole market is in a bull run
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
When a project has a solid ground and a far reaching vision, and a groundbreaking tech, like Oyster clearly seems to have, there must me no hurry in cashing out early while your investment could make you very rich long term.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
This project is unstoppable the last time i saw the price its only 0.7$ and now its more than 1$, lucky are those who buy when price is only 0.03$. I knew it before that i must invest on this project but my instinct says no.
Activity: 13
Watching closely.
Activity: 294
Merit: 17
So sad that the website is still potato. Was planning on holding but sold at the first pump. Couldn't be more angrier.
Activity: 364
Merit: 104
PRL mooning today, any reason?
Data dash one of the biggest youtube channels(in crypto rold) referred it as an undervalued coin for 2018

It is totally true. Oyster is still undervalued despite it looks like gained much.

I have some Oysters and following news from dev and watching price going up is so fascinating. I'm so happy I've invested in dear Oysters.
Activity: 17
Does it worth buying now at this price or wait for a little downsize ? I have also bought at 0.4$ and now I don't really like buying it at this price

I'm interested in Oyster Peal, but I found this thread on their Subreddit very concerning: https://www.reddit.com/r/Oyster/comments/7n4i1l/whitepaper_update_data_storage_will_now_scale/

It's buried under dozens of "yay the price is going up!" threads, so nobody is really talking about the fact that the devs themselves have admitted there's a major oversight in their Whitepaper that they haven't figured out how to solve yet.
Basically 1 PRL token allows the storage user to upload X GB worth of files onto their cloud for 1 year.
Originally X was going to be 1 GB, but they realized nobody is going to spend $2/GB.
The problem is as soon as X is set, as the price increases (which investors obviously are hoping for) it looks less and less interesting to storage customers.
And as the price-per-byte decreases, it looks less and less interesting for webmasters to bother with.

This seems to me like a major hurdle.

Bruno posted this 9days ago:

The decision was made over 2 months ago that the storage peg is dynamic and increases over time. Therefore one day 1 PRL will equate to 64 GB and beyond.
I don't really think it's a big concern, the devs are literally working 24/7. You can Bruno the question yourself in the Telegram and I'm sure he'll have a response that satisfies you.
Activity: 1

I'm interested in Oyster Peal, but I found this thread on their Subreddit very concerning: https://www.reddit.com/r/Oyster/comments/7n4i1l/whitepaper_update_data_storage_will_now_scale/

It's buried under dozens of "yay the price is going up!" threads, so nobody is really talking about the fact that the devs themselves have admitted there's a major oversight in their Whitepaper that they haven't figured out how to solve yet.
Basically 1 PRL token allows the storage user to upload X GB worth of files onto their cloud for 1 year.
Originally X was going to be 1 GB, but they realized nobody is going to spend $2/GB.
The problem is as soon as X is set, as the price increases (which investors obviously are hoping for) it looks less and less interesting to storage customers.
And as the price-per-byte decreases, it looks less and less interesting for webmasters to bother with.

This seems to me like a major hurdle.
Pages:
Jump to: