Pages:
Author

Topic: Pangolinminer & Whatsminer FAQs - page 11. (Read 25113 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 71
Just Getting Started...
February 18, 2018, 09:21:23 PM
I'm up and running. I had one, little hiccup, with the cgminer gui. It did not want to accept a pool change, and would not start.
 Did a reset, and it took care of it. Also, where I'm at, it's about 20 degrees Fahrenheit. I had to put them in the garage temporarily,
and it took some time for them to heat up completely. So far, everything is working as it should. I'm seeing speeds at/near 13th/s.

In that cold air what temps are you seeing?
Activity: 350
Merit: 158
#takeminingback
February 18, 2018, 01:41:25 PM
I'm up and running. I had one, little hiccup, with the cgminer gui. It did not want to accept a pool change, and would not start.
 Did a reset, and it took care of it. Also, where I'm at, it's about 20 degrees Fahrenheit. I had to put them in the garage temporarily,
and it took some time for them to heat up completely. So far, everything is working as it should. I'm seeing speeds at/near 13th/s.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 10:03:08 AM
I found the problem. I did some searching around the internet and saw a few people had a similar problem but no solutions. So i started reading the miner system logs from the bottom up. I found a line before the CGminer exit lines with port not open...
So...I use awesome miner to monitor the miners. I changed the port to 4028 for the API access. When i did the hard reset this port did NOT revert back to 22.

After switching it back i restarted CGminer in the interface and it fired back up!.
February 16, 2018, 12:50:37 AM
Thanks for the idea. I tried a reset but it didnt work. The status screen is all blanks.
this is in the CGminer spot on the overview page - unknown(waiting cgminer to start)

I have tried the restart CGminer button in the system tab but no luck.

I got a good 2 hours at 11.6 T/s. now nothing.  Huh

the logs appear to indicate that the miner and the cores are OK. Has anyone tried to re-load the firmware or CGminer? The firmware on their site is older than the one in the miner.

Has anyone tried to submit a ticket on their site? I did open a ticket. Or is there a better way to ask about support/warranty?
Just Getting Started...
February 16, 2018, 12:29:53 AM
got mine today too. Ran well for about 2 hours. When to change the pools and did a reboot. Now it wont start. I can access the web page but it Just says waiting for Cgminer to start. let it sit for 10 minutes and it is so hot i can hardly touch it.
Looks like i will be checking with them on the warranty. Unfortunate after waiting 4 weeks for this thing.

Try doing a full reset. Like I mentioned previously, these things are past being a space heater, they are full on blow torches Smiley So yes they get so hot you can hardly touch them. I actually had to remove the 6" duct adapters my buddy made as the 85C heat deformed them. I need to check and see what material he used.
February 16, 2018, 12:25:58 AM
got mine today too. Ran well for about 2 hours. When to change the pools and did a reboot. Now it wont start. I can access the web page but it Just says waiting for Cgminer to start. let it sit for 10 minutes and it is so hot i can hardly touch it.
Looks like i will be checking with them on the warranty. Unfortunate after waiting 4 weeks for this thing.
Just Getting Started...
February 15, 2018, 11:29:40 PM
Yeah, but these are bouncing off 86C. But it does say wait 15 min while it runs through its test cycle so I will.

Took this snip from Haggsfin's review thread:

Snip:
Hi . I have bought one . But i have problem in this miner it reboot automatically after few minutes and never reach 9.3th . Also the fans speed are too slow its 1290 in , so the temperature adjust to over 80C and then after few minutes it shut down and reebot automatically . Whats the problem with this whatsminer M3 ??

I had the same issue with mine, I’ve added a vent bracket and a direct 3m duct outside, this has solved the shutdown issues, it’s still running at 83degrees, 11.5/th

Yeah, I saw his review and went through some pages, I need to take my own advice and search better Smiley
Just Getting Started...
February 15, 2018, 11:28:40 PM
All my M3's are usually sitting at about 83.5 to 85c.  Right above them in the rack I have two S9's that are seeing highs around 59c.  Above that are two A741's and they show 33c/75c.  The cold side of the room is around 22c.  I haven't noticed any problems so far.

Also all my units have a 6" diameter duct going out though the wall into the hot side of my mining room. 

My fans are running around 4k.

Thank you, mine are in that range too. I did not realize how hot these ran in comparison to the Antminers. But like Shazam!!! said they are pushing over 2k watts.

The logic of their software is interesting too, it looks like they will hash as fast as 85C will allow and then back off. Avg is almost 12 TH/s though so just as advertised.
Activity: 18
February 15, 2018, 10:29:11 PM
All my M3's are usually sitting at about 83.5 to 85c.  Right above them in the rack I have two S9's that are seeing highs around 59c.  Above that are two A741's and they show 33c/75c.  The cold side of the room is around 22c.  I haven't noticed any problems so far.

Also all my units have a 6" diameter duct going out though the wall into the hot side of my mining room. 

My fans are running around 4k.
#takeminingback
February 15, 2018, 10:27:20 PM
Yeah, but these are bouncing off 86C. But it does say wait 15 min while it runs through its test cycle so I will.

Took this snip from Haggsfin's review thread:

Snip:
Hi . I have bought one . But i have problem in this miner it reboot automatically after few minutes and never reach 9.3th . Also the fans speed are too slow its 1290 in , so the temperature adjust to over 80C and then after few minutes it shut down and reebot automatically . Whats the problem with this whatsminer M3 ??

I had the same issue with mine, I’ve added a vent bracket and a direct 3m duct outside, this has solved the shutdown issues, it’s still running at 83degrees, 11.5/th

Just Getting Started...
February 15, 2018, 10:03:50 PM
Something must be up 'cause both mine are running really really hot. Right next to my S9s that are 69-72 deg C.

I'm not saying there isn't, but remember, these little beasts are pushing 2000w of power. The reaction of all that hashing energy,
is heat. Just monitor it, and make sure it doesn't go much higher. I'm welcoming the extra heat here in Snowmans land! Hahaha!

#takeminingback
February 15, 2018, 10:01:51 PM
Something must be up 'cause both mine are running really really hot. Right next to my S9s that are 69-72 deg C.

I'm not saying there isn't, but remember, these little beasts are pushing 2000w of power. The reaction of all that hashing energy,
is heat. Just monitor it, and make sure it doesn't go much higher. I'm welcoming the extra heat here in Snowmans land! Hahaha!
Just Getting Started...
February 15, 2018, 09:54:35 PM
For you guys that just got your M3s, can you confirm that the 3 pin connector is reversed from the instructions? I know this is trivial, and I have seated the connector so it looks to be in place correctly. But I am OCD when it comes to instructions and I HATE it when what I have is different.

Maybe the manual is incorrect. It connects in the same fashion as the fan header connection. The "slot" slides against the white
tab, and the 3 "metal windows" face the fan headers.

#takeminingback
February 15, 2018, 09:04:43 PM
For you guys that just got your M3s, can you confirm that the 3 pin connector is reversed from the instructions? I know this is trivial, and I have seated the connector so it looks to be in place correctly. But I am OCD when it comes to instructions and I HATE it when what I have is different.

Maybe the manual is incorrect. It connects in the same fashion as the fan header connection. The "slot" slides against the white
tab, and the 3 "metal windows" face the fan headers.
Activity: 18
February 15, 2018, 08:16:51 PM
My two new M3's have stickers removed also.  My first couple had stickers on them in Chinese.  Looks like they removed them, but should have used a little Goo Gone, which is what I did. 

My first two are averaging around 12.1TH/s.  The second two have been running for about two hours and are pretty much the same.  I do see spurts of 13.5TH/s. 
Just Getting Started...
February 15, 2018, 04:51:03 PM

Here's the manual

And then here's what I have

Just Getting Started...
February 15, 2018, 04:24:29 PM
Received my 2 M3's today, and I'm very pleased with the delivery process. It took just under 48hrs, from Pangolinminer in
china, to my door step in Michigan. All of the emails I received were informative, and the courier (DHL) was very accurate
with their text notifications.

I've gotta say, the packaging department at Pangolinminer, are indeed doing a good job! Very nice! First impressions of the
M3, is very nice as well. Everything looks as it should, and the included power supply looks robust. Also includes a 300/500
volt c13 power cord. I can't wait to get it set up and running! I will update to this thread how everything works out.

Packaging:

The M3. Notice they have removed the labeling. I don't know why. I see no sign of usage, other than a QC sticker.

Yes, absolutely the exact same experience here in Texas. I also noticed the sticker being removed, odd. Great job Pangolinminer, THIS is how you build business!  Anyway I am also happy with DHL because I did not have to pay the 50+ dollar fee that UPS charged.
#takeminingback
February 15, 2018, 04:18:48 PM
Received my 2 M3's today, and I'm very pleased with the delivery process. It took just under 48hrs, from Pangolinminer in
china, to my door step in Michigan. All of the emails I received were informative, and the courier (DHL) was very accurate
with their text notifications.

I've gotta say, the packaging department at Pangolinminer, are indeed doing a good job! Very nice! First impressions of the
M3, is very nice as well. Everything looks as it should, and the included power supply looks robust. Also includes a 300/500
volt c13 power cord. I can't wait to get it set up and running! I will update to this thread how everything works out.

Packaging:

The M3. Notice they have removed the labeling. I don't know why. I see no sign of usage, other than a QC sticker.

Activity: 30
Merit: 2
February 15, 2018, 01:28:00 PM
https://pangolinminer.com/557-2/

M3
Shipping Feb 28: $1350
Shipping Mar 30: $1188
Shipping Apr 30: $1022

Will anyone be buying these now?  Undecided

Just imagine the fire sale when the new dies come out.

Regarding the April 30th batch, I wouldn't like to see the payback time for a 12th/s unit consuming 2000 watts  come May.

At $0.10 electricity, it'd cost $4.80 per day to run. It'll make $10.71, or $5.91 profit, per day after paying that at today's difficulty level.

If we assume a 35% increase in difficulty by May, you'll make $7.93, or $3.13 profit, per day on day 1 and this will decrease significantly through time.

Even with free electricity, $7.93 per day decreasing by about 15% every month takes 6 months to make back the cost of the unit - and this is a highly optimistic scenario of free electricity and excluding the cost of delivery, import taxes and the risk of encountering issues with the unit.

At the start of the second year, with 15% monthly difficulty increase, you'd be earning less than $1.50 per day excluding electricity costs.
Activity: 81
February 15, 2018, 12:42:26 PM
https://pangolinminer.com/557-2/

M3
Shipping Feb 28: $1350
Shipping Mar 30: $1188
Shipping Apr 30: $1022

Will anyone be buying these now?  Undecided

Just imagine the fire sale when the new dies come out.
Pages:
Jump to: