Pages:
Author

Topic: Pangolinminer & Whatsminer FAQs - page 12. (Read 25113 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
February 15, 2018, 10:09:26 AM
Paid my £292 import duty and tax !!

They arrive from the local depot tomorrow

Need to make some coin and get some more miners

Excited clueless Noob
Activity: 124
Merit: 47
February 14, 2018, 08:21:05 PM
Either keep searching for a hash board replacement or just live with it. You should be drawing less power so it's like owning an 8TH miner instead of 12TH. The power density should be the same. It will just take you longer to breakeven.

Yeah, it's probably a little less efficient overall - I mean - I'm getting 2/3 hash power, but I doubt that I'm getting 2/3 power use - probably a little higher than 2/3 power - making (TH/s)/KWh worse. But, agreed, probably not much difference. I think I may still be able to get it exchanged though. My supplier has been nearly impossible to reach, but I think it is due to Chinese New Year. I managed to get in contact with him since I posted. I have another question of him before shipping back - but waiting for him to come online again.

But, it has been a learning experience. I don't know about Bitmain - but like I said, PangolinMiner will not only snub you on the warranty - but even if willing to pay them to do repairs or pay them to buy a hash board - they simply will not respond. I could accept them not honoring the warranty - they state it on their web page, but not supporting customers who are willing to pay is BS! Pathetic business practices! I can't wait until Japan, the US, etc. have companies, who have some concept of customer service, come onto the scene. Whoever does it first with a good product will destroy crap companies like this!
Activity: 350
Merit: 158
#takeminingback
February 14, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
The text I got was that it had been shipped DHL and would require a signature.  Followed up by DHL asking if I would consent to no signature.  I know on my last couple I got in I didn't have to pay tax as they listed the price at $200. 

This is the same for me, and no tax as well. It has been released by customs, and will be here tomorrow. I can honestly say
that I'm surprised at how fast the shipping is. It is actually pushing me back on my schedule to have the room ready for their
arrival. So far, I'm very pleased.
Activity: 18
February 14, 2018, 09:27:21 AM
The text I got was that it had been shipped DHL and would require a signature.  Followed up by DHL asking if I would consent to no signature.  I know on my last couple I got in I didn't have to pay tax as they listed the price at $200. 
February 14, 2018, 06:16:30 AM
I have 2 M3 units currently being shipped

Anyone else received a text message apparently from DHL asking to pay tax ?

I presumed if tax was required it would arrive with a tax document allowing me to review it and pay customs

This text take s you to the real dhl website but the payment site in the text concerned me

They advised pay the tax or items will be held and destroyed ! Wankers
Activity: 73
February 10, 2018, 08:04:50 PM
Either keep searching for a hash board replacement or just live with it. You should be drawing less power so it's like owning an 8TH miner instead of 12TH. The power density should be the same. It will just take you longer to breakeven.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
February 10, 2018, 04:55:42 PM
Well Feb batch is now $500 cheaper to buy now than at December
February 10, 2018, 04:36:04 PM
Bitmain does the same; won't give any warranty to 3rd party sellers of their miners. Everyone taking a chance buying from eBay or reseller that the miner won't breakdown. Or else they hope the manufacturer will honor the warranty. They will not! So buyer beware!
Activity: 124
Merit: 47
February 07, 2018, 11:39:23 PM
Does anyone here know how or where to get a hash board for the M3? I have a unit that I bought from someone else, so Pangolinminer will not offer any support as they will only honor the warranty for the original buyer. I cannot even get them to answer the question about when the warranty began for the unit I have, or information on who I could contact that was the original buyer (I think I bought it from a 2nd tier buyer). I have asked them if I can buy a hash board, or pay for repair on the one I have - and get no response. The only response I ever got was that they would not honer the warranty - only to original buyer. All my other questions go unanswered. Pathetic support so far. You would think they would at least tell me how to buy another hash board if they are not willing to handle it under warranty. I guess their solution is to buy another unit.

The unit is working fine with it's two working hash boards - just that one of them will not show up - so running at 2/3 processing power (7.5TH/s). I can't find any download locations to try re-flashing the firmware - nor instructions on how to do so.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to deal with this would be great!

Thanks!
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 10:51:24 AM
Did anybody buy this miner from Russia? What about shipping and possible custom problems?
February 01, 2018, 04:18:44 AM
I guess team pangolin miner is trying to offload excess miners with the coupons & free miner deals. They really need to come down in price drastically if they want to get rid of those power hungry miners! it's not worth it with bitcoin coming down daily and their M3 drawing 2200w. You would never break even on the M3.
#takeminingback
January 31, 2018, 05:26:39 PM
In the email I received,  Pangolinminer had a warning about their website's recent Phishing Attack. I'm happy they noticed. However,
I recommend not opening your btc wallet while on their site. Copy their address, close your browser and disconnect the
internet before opening your Wallet. Send it, close your Wallet, and then reconnect to the Internet to visit the website.

You can call me paranoid, but it's better to be safe, than sorry. Especially, since they are now recognizing the Phishing Threat that
some of us here tried warning everyone about. Another alternative would be, to do the transaction from a different machine
altogether.

Be Safe!!!

Edit: This came through my feed,

Quote from: Whatsminer @ Twitter
We just got notified by our factory that the April and May batches of our M3 Bitcoin ASIC Whatsminer will be closer to 12.5 TH/s as the factory tweaked the ASIC boards and squeezed more hashing. More surprises coming… stay tuned Happy Hashing
January 31, 2018, 05:21:46 PM
Can some one please tell me do the porders post Januray come with everything i you need to get them working ?
any help appreciated

They come with the Power Supply. That's it. You may need to find the appropriate C-13 cord to match your 220v outlet, and
a Cat5 cable to connect to the Internet. In the review of the M3 that you saw, philipma1957 posted an unboxing video, and
he shows how to set it up. There are other like minded videos on YouTube.

Thanks Shazam .... I got thrown a bit in the review as phil used his own PSU , granted it was a demo set .... just wanted to check

nice one C-13 cord and long Cat 5 cable down to my friends cellor Smiley cant wait to laugh at the noise .... software and a pool and i'm away
#takeminingback
January 31, 2018, 05:14:21 PM
Can some one please tell me do the porders post Januray come with everything i you need to get them working ?
any help appreciated

They come with the Power Supply. That's it. You may need to find the appropriate C-13 cord to match your 220v outlet, and
a Cat5 cable to connect to the Internet. In the review of the M3 that you saw, philipma1957 posted an unboxing video, and
he shows how to set it up. There are other like minded videos on YouTube.

January 31, 2018, 05:00:48 PM
I don't have any miners as yet

on the 12 January i paid $4,116.00 for 2 items and cant wait for them to arrive to see if i can get them working

the prices do seem too much unless you manage to get them at 1100......

i bought these because of the review on this forum on the M3 ,

not certain of the genuine bitmain site , and with alot of negative comments regarding the reliabity of the S9 on a few threads it put me off the S9 a tad.

There due to arrive later in the Month - I HOPE I AM CAPEABLE TO TO SET IT UP.

any help appreciated

Activity: 2
January 31, 2018, 03:03:03 PM
The emails fine print states, $100 off only in stock batch (still more expensive than s9 and t9).

The buy 10 get one free, is buy 10 in stock units and get an April batch unit for free.

If you ask me, good on them for trying, but still priced a bit too high for their in stock batches. In stock should be around $1600 to make us swing away from bitmain.

Yup, I am pretty sure their asic costs haven't climbed that much eh.  Considering they are using older tech.

There is no justification for such dramatic price increases on any mining hardware. It's  all defined by the price of the coin mined and the old "supply and demand" Smiley
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb
January 31, 2018, 02:54:00 PM
The emails fine print states, $100 off only in stock batch (still more expensive than s9 and t9).

The buy 10 get one free, is buy 10 in stock units and get an April batch unit for free.

If you ask me, good on them for trying, but still priced a bit too high for their in stock batches. In stock should be around $1600 to make us swing away from bitmain.

Yup, I am pretty sure their asic costs haven't climbed that much eh.  Considering they are using older tech.
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
January 31, 2018, 02:16:56 PM

Activity: 504
Merit: 71
Just Getting Started...
January 31, 2018, 02:04:41 PM
Below 4 batches will be released at 10:30am of 2018/2/1 (GMT+8)

In Stocked Batch : Sell at 2,249USD, Shipout in 7 days after payment

March Batch EA : Sell at 1,699USD, Shipout During 2018/3/1 ~ 3/5

March Batch : Sell at 1,499 USD, Shipout During 2018/3/25 ~3/31

April Batch : Sell at 1,188 USD, Shipout During 2018/4/15 ~ 4/25

In the email they is a coupon for buy 10 get one for free.

There's a $100 coupon in that email as well.
Activity: 18
January 31, 2018, 01:32:37 PM
Below 4 batches will be released at 10:30am of 2018/2/1 (GMT+8)

In Stocked Batch : Sell at 2,249USD, Shipout in 7 days after payment

March Batch EA : Sell at 1,699USD, Shipout During 2018/3/1 ~ 3/5

March Batch : Sell at 1,499 USD, Shipout During 2018/3/25 ~3/31

April Batch : Sell at 1,188 USD, Shipout During 2018/4/15 ~ 4/25

In the email they is a coupon for buy 10 get one for free.
Pages:
Jump to: