Pages:
Author

Topic: Pangolinminer & Whatsminer FAQs - page 2. (Read 25113 times)

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
July 28, 2020, 10:53:24 AM
208V, which is on the low end. The current draw into the PSU would be higher than if I had access to a higher voltage (higher voltages, hence lower currents, are generally more desirable). Having all the units go down in what appears to be the same way, over a narrow period of time, suggests to me the PSUs may have been driven too hard. I haven't taken one of the PSUs apart yet, but I'll do that just to see if there is anything to see. Now that I don't have any more working M20's, I don't have a trusted PSU I could swap in to see if the miner works.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
July 28, 2020, 10:40:53 AM
I've found that unless the ambient is less than 30C the Whatsminers will never finish their tuning mode and as a result will run slower.

Not the case with M21s, I managed to run this in extremely hot days (beyond 40c) and honestly it runs way cooler and much better than MOST bitmain gears, but I understand that different models/batches will perform differently.

Yeah, I couldn't figure that drop from 45T to 30T out; the tuning process seemed to have completed successfully because there is a flag in the web interface that indicates when tuning completes.

What was the voltage they ran on? the way you describe the issue tells me that your miners' PSUs weren't so happy with the voltage they had, either too high or too low.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
July 28, 2020, 10:21:03 AM
I had two of them apart and didn't notice anything obvious like charring or PCB/component discolouration. They were both quite dust-free, as their environment was clean. The fans were not seized; no rattling or loose components. I reseated all of the connectors I could find in case something vibrated loose or had some oxidization.

I've had similar problem with my Innosilicon T2T 30TH, it was working fine all on modes and after halving I reduced it from top mode (performance) to lowest efficiency mode. And after a month or so of mining it just turned off and nothing helped it come back, I opened to check what is going on, control board was fine, hashboards were covered in heatsinks so I couldn't really see but when I opened the PSU... That's where the problem was, something burnt there and damaged it (for unknown reasons), I am yet to repair that PSU.

My point is... Check everything, even the things you doubt will go down. Like imagine forcing PSU at 100% for months and then lowering it to like 50-60% and it dies -_-
legendary
July 28, 2020, 10:06:35 AM
I had two of them apart and didn't notice anything obvious like charring or PCB/component discolouration. They were both quite dust-free, as their environment was clean. The fans were not seized; no rattling or loose components. I reseated all of the connectors I could find in case something vibrated loose or had some oxidization.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
July 27, 2020, 07:39:41 PM
Yeah, I couldn't figure that drop from 45T to 30T out; the tuning process seemed to have completed successfully because there is a flag in the web interface that indicates when tuning completes. I let a few units cool down to ambient for 24h before powering them up again, thinking they might be running too hot; but my observation was once they took that initial drop from 45T to 30T they would never tune up to beyond 30T from a 'cold' start again; the 'factory reset' button didn't change that behaviour.

They were in an air conditioned datacenter since first arriving; ambient there is kept at 25-26C. Nothing different from when first powered up at 45T, to some weeks/months later when they would only power up to 30T. And now they won't power up at all. I can see a green light on the controller board itself, but none of the externally visible LEDs turn on, nor do the fans spin up.

I may have a bad batch; it happens. I've seen the usual posts here of some people having various Pangolin/MicroBT hardware issues, along with Bitmain hardware issues, etc. The usual expected issues. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Current mining hardware quality is generally known to be 'not great'. But I'm mostly disappointed by the lack of vendor support in this case. Butterfly Labs, Spondoolies, even Bitmain support was leagues beyond the silence from Pangolin. Not something I would have expected.

Have you tried opening them and cleaning a bit and visual inspecting if anything is damaged?
legendary
July 27, 2020, 05:33:20 PM
Yeah, I couldn't figure that drop from 45T to 30T out; the tuning process seemed to have completed successfully because there is a flag in the web interface that indicates when tuning completes. I let a few units cool down to ambient for 24h before powering them up again, thinking they might be running too hot; but my observation was once they took that initial drop from 45T to 30T they would never tune up to beyond 30T from a 'cold' start again; the 'factory reset' button didn't change that behaviour.

They were in an air conditioned datacenter since first arriving; ambient there is kept at 25-26C. Nothing different from when first powered up at 45T, to some weeks/months later when they would only power up to 30T. And now they won't power up at all. I can see a green light on the controller board itself, but none of the externally visible LEDs turn on, nor do the fans spin up.

I may have a bad batch; it happens. I've seen the usual posts here of some people having various Pangolin/MicroBT hardware issues, along with Bitmain hardware issues, etc. The usual expected issues. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Current mining hardware quality is generally known to be 'not great'. But I'm mostly disappointed by the lack of vendor support in this case. Butterfly Labs, Spondoolies, even Bitmain support was leagues beyond the silence from Pangolin. Not something I would have expected.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
July 27, 2020, 04:56:15 PM
I'll just mention that I put 6 Pangolin M20 units into service this January 2020, rated 45TH/s each. They all ran at that speed for many weeks, then, one by one over the next few months, most had dropped to 30-35TH/s and would not go faster.

Finally, over the period May 28 to July 23, all 6 units eventually died. They no longer boot up. The last one died a few days ago. Early on I sent emails to PangolinMiner requesting technical support/service but still haven't heard anything after at least a month. I had a couple dozen Bitmain S9's before this, but they had their own hardware issues over time so I gave Pangolin a try. Unfortunately the experience has been even worse.
Out of curiosity, what is the air temperature where they are running? I've found that unless the ambient is less than 30C the Whatsminers will never finish their tuning mode and as a result will run slower.

As for Pango support failing - surprised to hear it! While I've never had a serious problem with my M10's that I got from them it is rather distressing to hear that the company is slacking off. At least in the past, they had pretty decent service.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
July 27, 2020, 04:47:21 PM
I'll just mention that I put 6 Pangolin M20 units into service this January 2020, rated 45TH/s each. They all ran at that speed for many weeks, then, one by one over the next few months, most had dropped to 30-35TH/s and would not go faster.

Finally, over the period May 28 to July 23, all 6 units eventually died. They no longer boot up. The last one died a few days ago. Early on I sent emails to PangolinMiner requesting technical support/service but still haven't heard anything after at least a month. I had a couple dozen Bitmain S9's before this, but they had their own hardware issues over time so I gave Pangolin a try. Unfortunately the experience has been even worse.

and their telegram feed is not very active so it looks like the wheels fell off that company.
legendary
July 27, 2020, 03:59:37 PM

legendary
March 07, 2020, 01:25:41 PM
That is an older miner I do not know if there are any replacement parts for you.

As to why it burned  maybe your voltage feed was 225-235  and dropped to 210  this could pull more amps and melt it out.

parts link for you

https://pangolinminer.com/support/spare-parts/

the psu looks sold out.

would you replace the unit with an m10?

or other gear?

telegram link for you

https://telegram.me/PangolinMinerOfficial
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 07, 2020, 01:22:31 PM
Hey,

i was running a Whatsminer M3 for quite a time. Unfortunately the wires burnt a few days ago. Almost all wires that connect the PSU with the miner burnt badly, and one of the controller cables burnt at two pins.

The miner was running great for months. Then I realized a decrease in Hashrate and days later a bad smell of burnt plastic. (No overclock or changes were made) I touched the cables and they were hot and a bit melted.

Do you guys have any idea why this happened or what I need to replace to get it back running? I thought about replacing just the PSU...

Thanks.
Activity: 351
Merit: 47
October 23, 2019, 02:20:53 PM
No one has STILL received or seen a m20 45th model.  Man I wish I can cancel this god damn order.
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
October 22, 2019, 04:48:12 PM
I think pango is really having a shit ton of issues. Their telegram page has been bad for about two months.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
October 22, 2019, 04:35:07 PM
Y'all are talking about Pango, right?
Activity: 22
Merit: 1
October 09, 2019, 09:37:48 PM
i hope they will send the next 1-2weeks O.o if not what we can do ? money gone and miner gone gg very good company

still no message
legendary
September 23, 2019, 09:34:15 AM
Looks like the CEO of MicroBT says the delay is from the chip maker.

https://www.coindesk.com/microbt-expects-400-million-q3-revenue-from-miner-sales-despite-chip-holdup

Also, he says they sold 200,000 miners since July and he estimates the network hash to be 120 EH/s by the end of the year.

I read the article appears that they delivered  a lot of units.

... Yang Zuoxing, founder and CEO of the Shenzhen, China-based firm, said in a keynote speech at the New Era Mining Summit hosted by mining pool Poolin on Sunday that the firm has received a spate of orders for its latest M20 series models since July, and has already delivered over 100,000 units. It expects to have delivered 200,000 by the end of this month.

The WhatsMiner M20 series are priced at between $1,500 to $2,000, which means the delivery of a total of 200,000 units would be worth around $350 million (assuming equal sales between both models). Currently, investors placing pre-orders for new mining equipment will have to wait until January 2020 to receive the products...

but  the pricing for units is not 1500 to 2000 from resellers so that is most likely  bulk wholesale deals.

100000 x 68 th =  big ass amount of hash

68th
       680th = 10
    6,800th = 100
  68,000th = 1000
680,000th = 10,000
6,800,000th = 100,000     this number is  same as 6,800 ph or 6.8eh

this does not count  future orders  past sept delivery date.   we are near 90eh  so 6.8 eh by end of sept  means we will see a larger jump again.
Activity: 544
Merit: 589
September 23, 2019, 07:49:05 AM
Looks like the CEO of MicroBT says the delay is from the chip maker.

https://www.coindesk.com/microbt-expects-400-million-q3-revenue-from-miner-sales-despite-chip-holdup

Also, he says they sold 200,000 miners since July and he estimates the network hash to be 120 EH/s by the end of the year.
legendary
September 22, 2019, 02:12:46 PM
As pangolinminer promised to ship out before 31 august 2019, in fact they dint do it , during august 31-sep 15 pangolinminer still selling instant stock which is usd 4000, that mean they purposely dragged pre order customer stock and selling it for higher price to make profit , they thought microbt have enough stock to supply but guess what,  they were wrong . This issue happen because of pangolinminer greedy , they wanted to earn more but sacrifice our pre order customer profit . Now they are just keep silent , without answering any email . what a coward.

I understand you are pissed off.
Still go on microbt twitter and complain.  Try to be professional.
Maybe they will do something for you. I noticed an issue with pagolinminer's telegram  they went dark for a long time.  Say Aug 20 to Sept 7  I thought it was right after the mudslide flooding video from china. Looking at what happened from the outside  it looks like  they were told gear would be late and still sold some gear.  I don't know.

At o-scott  you have listings for late october  nothing current  for m20s  what is your situation?

Frankly  not to knock anyone  but I would be very careful ordering any whatsminer gear.

Since the builder is admitting to delays of 2-3 weeks  at the moment and none of us really know how slow they will be.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
September 22, 2019, 01:41:23 PM
Scott,

Whatsminer.net was also selling stock for immediate delivery last month and early this month. Did they not also have pre-orders to fulfill for August?

Batch2, 3 and 4 were due to be delivered Aug-Sept

https://whatsminer.net/product/m20s-demo2/
https://whatsminer.net/product/m20-demo1/

Were both for sale for immediate delivery during late July and all throught August pretty much.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
September 22, 2019, 01:20:50 PM
Pango probably on his a limited amount of miners in stock that they are selling at a higher price. Because they can not make everyone happy, they must have decided to use what they have to make extra $. Instead of fulfilling one or two existing medium-sized customers’ orders, they decided to sell as in-stock. It would be interesting to see if Pango has order IDs or order numbers where we can determine who was truly next in line to receive their order.
Pages:
Jump to: