Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 36. (Read 156693 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
just got my 50% (40btc) back! waiting for the other half!
nice to see that something is really happening! Cheesy keep up the good work!
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
I was working for Bitcoinica and I was specially assigned the right and the responsibility to deal with these records. There's no instruction so far from Bitcoinica LP, so I should continue the responsibility. It seems that Bitcoinca Consultancy is more like the 3rd party here because the handover happens after AML requirements.

It's illegal for me to pass the documents to anyone else without informing the public. And it depends on Bitcoinica LP regarding how to deal with these documents. If there's no instruction nothing will happen.

If you were working for Bitcoinica as an employee, they own the data and you shouldn't still have a copy.  If you were working for Bitcoinica as a contractor, you're a third party and notification should have been given.

I haven't resigned, nor received any notification regarding my employment status. I was just explaining the current situation, not decisions for the future.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
I was working for Bitcoinica and I was specially assigned the right and the responsibility to deal with these records. There's no instruction so far from Bitcoinica LP, so I should continue the responsibility. It seems that Bitcoinca Consultancy is more like the 3rd party here because the handover happens after AML requirements.

It's illegal for me to pass the documents to anyone else without informing the public. And it depends on Bitcoinica LP regarding how to deal with these documents. If there's no instruction nothing will happen.

If you were working for Bitcoinica as an employee, they own the data and you shouldn't still have a copy.  If you were working for Bitcoinica as a contractor, you're a third party and notification should have been given.
donator
Activity: 452
Merit: 252
The emails are piling up. I need to make some tools though to better analyse the data first rather than doing it manually.

work smarter, not harder.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
The emails are piling up. I need to make some tools though to better analyse the data first rather than doing it manually.
Activity: 504
Send an email to Genjix directly: [email protected]
I've had really fast replies from him that way, and he confirmed my account was marked as "accurate".
Kudos to Genjix!

I have indeed done just that and got excellent and speedy responses.

Agreed, Kudos.  Perhaps there is light at the end of this tunnel after all?
legendary
I have a big backlog of email which I will go through tonight or tomorrow. I need to export this data and write some tools to easier display info for people's accounts.
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
People are divided into different classes depending on how certain we are of their claim. As we move through verifying accounts, we become more certain. Once everyone is refunded for 50% we then double back through all refunds and refund the last 50% at the very end.

I would personally sleep a lot easier if, even were you still delaying payments, I had some indication that I was in the "accurate" pile.  If not then it's a matter of finding a mutually acceptable set of information that would get me in that pile.  Once I am, I can shut up and wait for you to finish.

At this point, getting the money back is a lower priority than getting an assurance that I will get the money back.

Send an email to Genjix directly: [email protected]
I've had really fast replies from him that way, and he confirmed my account was marked as "accurate".
Kudos to Genjix!
People are divided into different classes depending on how certain we are of their claim. As we move through verifying accounts, we become more certain. Once everyone is refunded for 50% we then double back through all refunds and refund the last 50% at the very end.

I would personally sleep a lot easier if, even were you still delaying payments, I had some indication that I was in the "accurate" pile.  If not then it's a matter of finding a mutually acceptable set of information that would get me in that pile.  Once I am, I can shut up and wait for you to finish.

At this point, getting the money back is a lower priority than getting an assurance that I will get the money back.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Did you monitor [email protected]?
I sent several mails to that address but never got response...
And how could I know which information is mismatch since it said my password hash doesn't exist.

Thanks!

I was mistakenly missing 1 file when processing the claims which I've now got. I'll now be able to confirm more people now that I might not have before.

Any news on when people that are marked as "accurate" get (part of) their funds? You said some people already received 50% of their funds. How was it decided that they could get a payment, while other people with an account marked as "accurate" received nothing so far?

legendary
I was mistakenly missing 1 file when processing the claims which I've now got. I'll now be able to confirm more people now that I might not have before.

Any news on when people that are marked as "accurate" get (part of) their funds? You said some people already received 50% of their funds. How was it decided that they could get a payment, while other people with an account marked as "accurate" received nothing so far?

Activity: 686
Bitbuy

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
You think? I have no doubt the US government opposes the philosophy behind bitcoin, but they're probably far from making any move on it, as it isn't even close to a threat to fiat yet.

Tell that to Bernard von Nothaus. Liberty Dollar wasn't even close to as big as bitcoin when they got raided.
That's because he was passing off his shit as genuine US currency. The secret service doesn't like forgers.

patently false

he did call it a dollar and pass it off as currency.  i like what he did but he was stupid on how he marketed it and what he called it.

this is accurate, I agree
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
You think? I have no doubt the US government opposes the philosophy behind bitcoin, but they're probably far from making any move on it, as it isn't even close to a threat to fiat yet.

Tell that to Bernard von Nothaus. Liberty Dollar wasn't even close to as big as bitcoin when they got raided.
That's because he was passing off his shit as genuine US currency. The secret service doesn't like forgers.

patently false
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

I'm on my third "shouting into the void" email to them now.

All I'm trying to establish at the moment is a method of secure communication.  I get nothing back.

There aren't enough hours in the day to give a meaningful response to the emails sent to [email protected]

How many fewer emails would you get if you communicated more though?

I'm on my third attempt, and I am probably not the noisiest customer you have.
  • Post a GPG key for [email protected]
  • Reply to emails with an encrypted secret URL that sets a flag in your claim database
  • Ta-da.  Secure bi-directional communication established.
  • The above could be automated... "hours in the day" becomes irrelevant

Your claim page solicits additional supporting information on [email protected] and yet you provide no method to let us do that securely.  You've just experienced what happens when email gets subverted... you don't seriously expect anyone with any security consciousness to email you copies of their passports, bank account information, or in fact any personal information at all?

Again: GPG KEY.  GPG KEY.  GPG KEY.  Then push reply, write "received" and push send.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Thank you, I missed that.  Did you send along any info to identify yourself or did he give you a claim status based on the email you sent the request from?

I sent it from email that belonged to my account and gave the login I used on bitcoinica.

Thanks.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Thank you, I missed that.  Did you send along any info to identify yourself or did he give you a claim status based on the email you sent the request from?

I sent it from email that belonged to my account and gave the login I used on bitcoinica.
Pages:
Jump to: