Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 33. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
On June 10 I got a message stating:

Your claim has been reviewed and deemed accurate

However I have not seen a single cent returned to me. Nor have I received any response to my more recent claim update request. I am getting really tired of this waiting game.

Activity: 463
Merit: 252
If Bitcoinica's business model was viable, why shut it down? Why not fix the security problem and use the business profits to replace the stolen funds?

Bitcoinica will come back after a complete rewrite and all claims are processed.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
The manner in which the bitcoinica folks are handling this should tell you exactly how well they would run any type of post-disaster version of bitcoinica. Anyone who would trust them with a penny of investment until they have a clear, defined working model, full disclosure on who owns what and who works for who, what is happening to the funds (other than funding a massive pyramid!) is just plain too trusting. How many times do we need to be shown that there is no magic making money out of nothing at all system? How many times do you need to be lied to, mislead, treated with enormous disrespect and dishonesty, have your funds stolen, misappropriated, lost, or hacked by this vaporware mentality?

Rule 1 in Life: If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
MtGox fucked up precisely once in their entire history.

Bitcoinica fucked up 3 times.
I guess that depends on how you define "fucked up". They have had several errors along the way, but only 1 known major hack. Remember ~BTC2k that disappeared? Thanks to mtgox screwup in conjunction with Eligius processing nonstandard transactions.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
MtGox lost about 40-50% of their market share over a year.

That said, I'm sure there are enough retards to bring Bitcoinica up again. And they will even post about it in the forums.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
If Bitcoinica's business model was viable, why shut it down? Why not fix the security problem and use the business profits to replace the stolen funds?

Who is dense enough to still do business with them?
i would. mtgox fucked up last year, and they are still doing pretty good.
+1 But first - get 100% money! Prove that you are not fucking scammers, alpaca socks. I had some of their money out there for a short circuit. Only for this purpose.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
MtGox fucked up precisely once in their entire history.

Bitcoinica fucked up 3 times.
legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!

i would. mtgox fucked up last year, and they are still doing pretty good.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
They should notify people whose claims have been confirmed as accurate.

Absolutely.

And they should notify people whose claims have not been confirmed as accurate, along with a list of recommended actions.

When something is needed, we contact the people to ask them. It's hard to know ahead of time.
legendary
Activity: 1428

the "security problem" was a mail-server combined with unsecure hosting password-reset workflows.
genjix said the code quality was poor (ZT said otherwise)

and please dont forget that they lost parts of their database. i guess this is the main problem as it seems they already have all stolen funds replaced.

i really hope that bitconica comes back - but i am sure they'll recode it in a well-known (by them) language.
i would really like if the "new" bitconica uses mtgox and intersango for hedging (*hint* we love low spreads)

but please keep the ease-of-use ZT was able to build!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
They should notify people whose claims have been confirmed as accurate.

Absolutely.

And they should notify people whose claims have not been confirmed as accurate, along with a list of recommended actions.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
They should notify people whose claims have been confirmed as accurate. And if they can't, then request mtgox codes or extra information. If they would lead the process they wouldn't be inundated with emails.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Are you guys getting responses to requests for updates via the several email address, or the latest one, posted here?  I've emailed several times over the past several weeks (months?) and haven't gotten a single response.  The only emails I've received from any bitcoinica related email address are automated, and have been requests to update my claims page.

I've gotten a response 5 times now, and they were all really fast. I used Genjix Riseup email-address: [email protected]

Hmm, I've used that one, the bitcoinica one, and the newest one over the past several weeks and haven't heard a thing back.  What are you including in your requests?  Have you been sending them your bitcoinica claim ID?  I've been hesitant to put that in there, but since nobody is responding at all I don't have a clue what they expect from me.  Amir?

This is the mail I've sent him (Including his reply):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Your status is marked as accurate.

>
> Dear Genjix,
>
> I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you could tell me the
> verification status of my account?
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx AKA "Mushoz"
>

Ah, I see the problem.  I haven't been starting with "Dear Genjix".
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
Are you guys getting responses to requests for updates via the several email address, or the latest one, posted here?  I've emailed several times over the past several weeks (months?) and haven't gotten a single response.  The only emails I've received from any bitcoinica related email address are automated, and have been requests to update my claims page.

I've gotten a response 5 times now, and they were all really fast. I used Genjix Riseup email-address: [email protected]

Hmm, I've used that one, the bitcoinica one, and the newest one over the past several weeks and haven't heard a thing back.  What are you including in your requests?  Have you been sending them your bitcoinica claim ID?  I've been hesitant to put that in there, but since nobody is responding at all I don't have a clue what they expect from me.  Amir?

This is the mail I've sent him (Including his reply):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Your status is marked as accurate.

>
> Dear Genjix,
>
> I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you could tell me the
> verification status of my account?
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx AKA "Mushoz"
>
Activity: 667

Yes, that's why I wasn't including my claim ID.  I would think they can associate my email with my claim ID easy enough, and it isn't as if I'm requesting sensitive information.  I just want to know if somebody is evening listening.  What's the status of my claim?  Is there some trust issue with me?  If there is, let me know what it is so I can address it.  As it stands, I've been totally left in the dark despite providing all sorts of contact info, MtGox codes and transaction records, and a correct password...

+1  - starting to get  annoyed.  I've got hundreds of BTC tied up in this mess and so far the responses I have received, though polite, have been discouraging.  So far they cannot seem to even find my account from the sounds of it.  Considering I had an account since basically the first day Bitcoinica opened I am not sure how that is possible, even a db dump from months ago would have me in there.  Also the claims page did seem to verify my password.. it didn't give me the missing hash error or whatever that other people have reported.  Also I had a large open position, that would be WAY in the money right now, and I had some USD in there too that is now way out of the money.  Between paper losses, and lost opportunity.. I am starting to hit my patience limit, and I didn't even make a peep until these last few days so I think I have been pretty patient to let them sort out this unfortunate situation.  I really don't want to join the mob with pitchforks but man.. 

legendary

Why wouldn't you include your claim ID? This way he can find you much faster. At some point you need to trust someone. I included my ID and other account related information. I received half of my BTC without further notice.

When I got my claim ID I was told not to tell any one so I did not. All they need is the e-mail coming from the e-mail address of your account.

Thanks.

We should make a FAQ in a different thread on how to deal with this mess.

Yes, that's why I wasn't including my claim ID.  I would think they can associate my email with my claim ID easy enough, and it isn't as if I'm requesting sensitive information.  I just want to know if somebody is evening listening.  What's the status of my claim?  Is there some trust issue with me?  If there is, let me know what it is so I can address it.  As it stands, I've been totally left in the dark despite providing all sorts of contact info, MtGox codes and transaction records, and a correct password...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Why wouldn't you include your claim ID? This way he can find you much faster. At some point you need to trust someone. I included my ID and other account related information. I received half of my BTC without further notice.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: