Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 31. (Read 156693 times)

legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
I got an email that my claim is accurate.

Verified password hash. Money came from US dollars from MtGox (I knew the exact amount).  Tiny open position (< 1% of funds).
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
wooot! Finally some word back! 

improves the confidence factor immensely.

thanks guys.

Just got this message this morning:

Hello, Your account is in the queue and waiting to be reviewed.

It's amazing how helpful that brief email is.

yup - that's it - and yeah - amazing how helpful it is.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Just got this message this morning:

Hello, Your account is in the queue and waiting to be reviewed.

It's amazing how helpful that brief email is.
I believe there is reason to have some confidence now. You can still get your coins back if your hash wasn't found. I'm proof of that. I'm guessing if every single one of us writes to genjix there will be little time to actually work on the claims.

I know everyone is upset now having missed the recent spike, but I would recommend to be patient just a bit longer. I believe even though these guys suck badly at PR they are going to do the right thing. (But why do I have to do their job?)

You don't but it's nice someone steps up to the plate since they won't.

Seriously - this is really pathetic that there's no information, no communication ETCETERA (but this horse died 52 pages ago, and is just being flogged for no reason.)
* guruvan kicks the horse once more in frustration at its death and walks back over to irc.

EDIT: omg the above is seriously awesome...didn't know that was a forum bbcode feature. 9001 internetz to that person.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
I believe there is reason to have some confidence now. You can still get your coins back if your hash wasn't found. I'm proof of that. I'm guessing if every single one of us writes to genjix there will be little time to actually work on the claims.

I know everyone is upset now having missed the recent spike, but I would recommend to be patient just a bit longer. I believe even though these guys suck badly at PR they are going to do the right thing. (But why do I have to do their job?)
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Bitcoins Gold Silver
At this point it looks like if your hash was not found all further communication will be ignored, and your funds will be spent on covering Bitcoinica's loss. Cry

Well I'm ticking those boxes. Have sent emails to the verify email asking how to manually verify and I've sent emails to gengix asking for my status and got NOTHING in reply. NOTHING

I'm trying to be patient here and my lost coins might not be a large number for some people but 30 BTC is a lot for me. I feel so stupid trusting my BTC to bitcoinica to try and earn interest. Lesson learned.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
HOW DO YOU GET VERIFIED IF YOUR PASSWORD HASH IS NOT FOUND ?

Angry  Angry  Angry
At this point it looks like if your hash was not found all further communication will be ignored, and your funds will be spent on covering Bitcoinica's loss. Cry
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Bitcoins Gold Silver
HOW DO YOU GET VERIFIED IF YOUR PASSWORD HASH IS NOT FOUND ?

Angry  Angry  Angry
ninjarobot, thanks.

I think some of the biggest payments are being made soon (possibly today). It's just we wanted to be extra careful that there was no trivial oversights. For instance we could afford to mistakenly pay out $20 but not $30,000.

Evidence that people send does help, but it is not definitive. We use the evidence you send to try to find matches for you in our records. But if we don't have a record of it, then digital evidence is easily faked and does not mean much.

The trouble I'm having is that for lack of any specific communication over the course of weeks, despite several emails sent, I'm unable to assess whether I need to offer any more evidence of any kind.  I don't know if information I've offered is verified, not verified, if I'm untrusted for some reason, or not.  I just don't know what my status is.  That's what I, and I'm sure others, would like to know.

This
ugh - now I realize I haven't sent my mails "FROM" the mail account used as the email address on the account. duh. (I did send them gpg signed with my otc registered key, which is posted all over guruvan.net, which I think one can see I clearly own. (they were cc to the bitcionica email addy tho)

of course, just like on this website here, I use inbound only email addresses for most sites.

sigh.

shall I inundate you with a bunch more mail? What can I do to make this easier for you to pay me? I'm happy to do anything that helps.

3 months and almost a $2 move ........
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Forgot to ask, but does your personal "claim page" reflect any notation that your 50% has been paid back to you?

Nope, it does not. Suddenly I got an incoming 112,50 BTC transaction in my client. Haven't received an email about the 50% payment either.

I was just about to comment on the size of your 50% payout, until I realize you didn't mean 112kBTC. Wink
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
Forgot to ask, but does your personal "claim page" reflect any notation that your 50% has been paid back to you?

Nope, it does not. Suddenly I got an incoming 112,50 BTC transaction in my client. Haven't received an email about the 50% payment either.
Activity: 661
I agree with ninjarobot in stating that you (genjix) try your very best, but to say that digital evicdences are worth nothing  because they are easy to fake means nothing less that all of our claims are suspected as fraudulent until they are verified according to some few records you may have recoverd from something that was told to us it's lost?

Yes, you're correct.

Please answer one Question: Do you think you will be able to verify every honest claim by screening your records and compare them with the informiations that are given to you in the claims and addidional informations? If so, I'll be patient and looking forward to get back my 64.01 BTC some day (hopefulle earlier than later)...

If your answer has to be a "NO" what will you do then?Huh

Personally I think the majority of people will be refunded. However there will be honest people who are mistakenly classified as fake and not repaid back. Or others who get paid back less. I really want everyone to get paid back fully, but I'm not going to lie and say that we're going to recreate a perfect database from imperfect records. The process will be fair albeit slow. There's not any other better way around this (I don't think).

Genjix, are you confirming through EMail when you are paying back the claims?  For instance, could it be possible for you to mistakenly think you have paid a claim, when in reality you haven't? 

Just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.  Also, I am in the same boat, I don't have 50% of my coins yet.  I am cool with this as long as it's coming sometime, but mainly I wanted to know if you are confirming through EMail when giving back 50%.

Thanks

I was surprised not to have gotten an email before receiving my 50%.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
I emailed [email protected] several days ago asking for a status update. No response yet. Please let me know what further action you require. You have my passport on file, and you know who I am.

Good luck.  I've emailed them a bunch of times over the past month(s) at every address they've posted in this thread, including several emails to the email address you just mentioned, and I haven't gotten back a single response.  All I want to know is the status of my claim and whether any additional information is needed from me.  Others have reported getting responses back, and that only worries me more because it makes me wonder if there's some reason I'm being completely ignored.
Activity: 568
I emailed [email protected] several days ago asking for a status update. No response yet. Please let me know what further action you require. You have my passport on file, and you know who I am.
Activity: 761
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
However there will be honest people who are mistakenly classified as fake and not repaid back. Or others who get paid back less.

I don't think customers that know for a fact that their claim is correct will accept this, nor should they.

Sounds to me that there will have to be an 'Appeals' process in the near future if this will be the case.
Yes, I would think that they would be doing this?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
I agree with ninjarobot in stating that you (genjix) try your very best, but to say that digital evicdences are worth nothing  because they are easy to fake means nothing less that all of our claims are suspected as fraudulent until they are verified according to some few records you may have recoverd from something that was told to us it's lost?

Yes, you're correct.

Please answer one Question: Do you think you will be able to verify every honest claim by screening your records and compare them with the informiations that are given to you in the claims and addidional informations? If so, I'll be patient and looking forward to get back my 64.01 BTC some day (hopefulle earlier than later)...

Personally I think the majority of people will be refunded. However there will be honest people who are mistakenly classified as fake and not repaid back. Or others who get paid back less. I really want everyone to get paid back fully, but I'm not going to lie and say that we're going to recreate a perfect database from imperfect records. The process will be fair albeit slow. There's not any other better way around this (I don't think).

Genjix, are you confirming through EMail when you are paying back the claims?  For instance, could it be possible for you to mistakenly think you have paid a claim, when in reality you haven't? 

Just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.  Also, I am in the same boat, I don't have 50% of my coins yet.  I am cool with this as long as it's coming sometime, but mainly I wanted to know if you are confirming through EMail when giving back 50%.

Thanks

I was surprised not to have gotten an email before receiving my 50%.

Yes, you're correct.

Thanks
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
maybe it will be more useful to identify "fake-claims" than to try to verify the honest ones?
Pages:
Jump to: