Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 32. (Read 156693 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
I agree with ninjarobot in stating that you (genjix) try your very best, but to say that digital evicdences are worth nothing  because they are easy to fake means nothing less that all of our claims are suspected as fraudulent until they are verified according to some few records you may have recoverd from something that was told to us it's lost?

Yes, you're correct.

Please answer one Question: Do you think you will be able to verify every honest claim by screening your records and compare them with the informiations that are given to you in the claims and addidional informations? If so, I'll be patient and looking forward to get back my 64.01 BTC some day (hopefulle earlier than later)...

If your answer has to be a "NO" what will you do then?Huh

Personally I think the majority of people will be refunded. However there will be honest people who are mistakenly classified as fake and not repaid back. Or others who get paid back less. I really want everyone to get paid back fully, but I'm not going to lie and say that we're going to recreate a perfect database from imperfect records. The process will be fair albeit slow. There's not any other better way around this (I don't think).
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
ninjarobot, thanks.

I think some of the biggest payments are being made soon (possibly today). It's just we wanted to be extra careful that there was no trivial oversights. For instance we could afford to mistakenly pay out $20 but not $30,000.

Evidence that people send does help, but it is not definitive. We use the evidence you send to try to find matches for you in our records. But if we don't have a record of it, then digital evidence is easily faked and does not mean much.

I agree with ninjarobot in stating that you (genjix) try your very best, but to say that digital evicdences are worth nothing  because they are easy to fake means nothing less that all of our claims are suspected as fraudulent until they are verified according to some few records you may have recoverd from something that was told to us it's lost?

Please answer one Question: Do you think you will be able to verify every honest claim by screening your records and compare them with the informiations that are given to you in the claims and addidional informations? If so, I'll be patient and looking forward to get back my 64.01 BTC some day (hopefulle earlier than later)...

If your answer has to be a "NO" what will you do then?Huh
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
ninjarobot, thanks.

I think some of the biggest payments are being made soon (possibly today). It's just we wanted to be extra careful that there was no trivial oversights. For instance we could afford to mistakenly pay out $20 but not $30,000.

Evidence that people send does help, but it is not definitive. We use the evidence you send to try to find matches for you in our records. But if we don't have a record of it, then digital evidence is easily faked and does not mean much.

The trouble I'm having is that for lack of any specific communication over the course of weeks, despite several emails sent, I'm unable to assess whether I need to offer any more evidence of any kind.  I don't know if information I've offered is verified, not verified, if I'm untrusted for some reason, or not.  I just don't know what my status is.  That's what I, and I'm sure others, would like to know.
Activity: 832
Merit: 250
ninjarobot, thanks.

Hi Genjix,

Any updates on my public claim? I want to make some donations but because my funds are locked up in this mess, I am not able to. If you at least refund 50% then I can at least donate %50.

Maria.
legendary
ninjarobot, thanks.

Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
There are some accounts marked accurate but they aren't immediately paid because the balance is so large.

Ah, so verified accounts with large balances need to be verified verified?

I have sent in all my wire transfer IDs, MtGox claimcode IDs, BTC transfer IDs, Bitcointalk ID, Emails, AML documentation, Screenshots, etc. I had no positions. Anything else you need?

It could be a devastating blow if a large amount is paid erroneously, so those accounts require more checking.

Fine, but it basically sounds like you are sending your largest customers to the back of the line. Even in the face of overwhelming proof from their side.

If you can guarantee that Bitcoinica is able to meet *all* valid claim requests in full (no matter the size) I can deal with that. I'm not asking for the interest I've been missing out on for the last 6 weeks, just my balance back as it was on May 11. At least provide customers with an approximate date on which you expect payments to be made.

Note: I'm not angry at genjix in particular (I think he is doing a great job) but at Bitcoinica in general and the way they have been handling this situation.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
Cut them some slack guys. It is Sunday in UK.

Nobody works then ... they are not robots.

I work everyday.

About the payouts: working on it. Not much to add except going slowly through accounts to verify the low hanging fruit. There are some accounts marked accurate but they aren't immediately paid because the balance is so large.It could be a devastating blow if a large amount is paid erroneously, so those accounts require more checking.

50% of my 700 BTC if found not to be true would be "devastating"?

We need this to pay back the bond holders of TyGrr-Bot. Please at least give us the 50%. The amount of evidence I have sent in is massive and it is shocking that nothing has been done.

Not so shocking once you realize what kind of people they are.

50% of my 700 BTC if found not to be true would be "devastating"?

We need this to pay back the bond holders of TyGrr-Bot. Please at least give us the 50%. The amount of evidence I have sent in is massive and it is shocking that nothing has been done.

maybe theese 700 btc are invested in TyGrr.bot and are waiting for dividend-payment before they can refund them...  Grin
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Every E-Mail and Question in the Forum he has to answer slows down the Paymentprocess..let the man do its work!!
Activity: 546
I only had $260 on there. I don't understand why it would take so long to verify/distribute that.
legendary

I work everyday.

About the payouts: working on it. Not much to add except going slowly through accounts to verify the low hanging fruit. There are some accounts marked accurate but they aren't immediately paid because the balance is so large.It could be a devastating blow if a large amount is paid erroneously, so those accounts require more checking.

Is there anything special I need to include in my emails to you guys.  I've emailed several times over the weeks and haven't gotten a response back.  Do I need a special subject line or something?
legendary

I work everyday.

Activity: 518

If Bitcoinica's business model was viable, why shut it down? Why not fix the security problem and use the business profits to replace the stolen funds?

Bitcoinica will come back after a complete rewrite and all claims are processed.

It would be nice if there would be more progress in processing payouts. I made my claim about 4 weeks ago when I understood there will no normal login and withdrawing my btc-ammount after a restart of bitcoinica... this was when i read that the database was lost without the possibility to restore it from any backups.

2012-05-11 bitcoinica. stated at it's homepage that the thief stole from bitcoinica not from any user at all and that all withdrawal requests will be honoured...

If this statement ist true, I assume that all claims should be paid out even if it's not possible to verify them more than to check if they had an account at all... fraudulent claims should be the risk of the owners...  If i remeber right then at one statement at this thread there was told that  all claims together had an ammunt of 125% of the original holdings in bitcoin before the hack... not too much penatly for a poor security-concept in my opinions...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
If Bitcoinica's business model was viable, why shut it down? Why not fix the security problem and use the business profits to replace the stolen funds?

Bitcoinica will come back after a complete rewrite and all claims are processed.
so you will have 1000s new bugs. GOOD IDEA!
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
Where are the daily updates?
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
On June 10 I got a message stating:

Your claim has been reviewed and deemed accurate

However I have not seen a single cent returned to me. Nor have I received any response to my more recent claim update request. I am getting really tired of this waiting game.

Same for me in everything...
+1
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Has anyone emailed any of the bitcoinica related email addresses in this thread in the past week and received a response from anyone?

Last response via riseup was on Sunday 17th for me.
legendary
Has anyone emailed any of the bitcoinica related email addresses in this thread in the past week and received a response from anyone?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

+1
Pages:
Jump to: