Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 47. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Positions will be liquidated around 5 +/- 0.1 depending on the exact math (a close price that's a suitable middle ground between longs and shorts).

You hold our money hostage for a month and now you propose to liquidate almost a dollar than the current price.

OH HELL NO.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Positions will be liquidated around 5 +/- 0.1 depending on the exact math (a close price that's a suitable middle ground between longs and shorts).
Well, that does it. None of us will be getting our money for 5-10 years, since lawyers will get involved for sure now.

They dont know who has what.... But they know enoght to liquidate you based on "exact math" Huh

whats going on here?
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
In the grand scheme of things I could give a shit where my open positions were liquidated.  I just want my bitcoins back.  Rather have that than wait around any longer.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Well, that does it. None of us will be getting our money for 5-10 years, since lawyers will get involved for sure now.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

This for longs (like me) is bullshit ...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi
Fck, the hacker attempted to login to my email that i used for bitcoinica . Google caught it in time and locked my account.

The IP is from Guam.

Your mail doesn't have 2 factor authentication via google authenticator?

I don't think most people use that, unfortunately.
I would like to use it, but is there any way to get around the phone number requirement? I don't need Google to have that.

Yeah, you don't NEED a phone number except for the setup I believe. I remember seeing an option to change the number or remove it.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
maybe the classical "paper based" business model of the past had some advantages over the modern and "just in time" cloud?

Or maybe we should all be more careful with our bitcoins and not be so hasty to centralize them, especially in risky startups.

If I had to do Bitcoinica again, I would write a script to print out the balance sheet everyday.

this would have been a very good idea six weeks ago...  Undecided
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Fck, the hacker attempted to login to my email that i used for bitcoinica . Google caught it in time and locked my account.

The IP is from Guam.

I would like to use it, but is there any way to get around the phone number requirement? I don't need Google to have that.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
maybe the classical "paper based" business model of the past had some advantages over the modern and "just in time" cloud?

Or maybe we should all be more careful with our bitcoins and not be so hasty to centralize them, especially in risky startups.

If I had to do Bitcoinica again, I would write a script to print out the balance sheet everyday.

You should do much more than that. Multiple and frequent offline backups, to begging with...
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

The IP is from Guam.

vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi

The IP is from Guam.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
The question is.... What happens to the people that didnt have a hash?

I suppose we request identification documents and more data to support the ownership of the account ..

I had 64 btc in bitcoinica, made just one single long position and cleared it again, (got me a loss of 0.04 btc,  Angry )
So then I decided to let the btd in Storage to earn some interest, so I got 64.01 btc again...

All this without having to give any documents about me to bitcoinica.
then bitcoinica went offline...

and now all customers who are trying just to get back what they had in there are painfully treated with:
- no conversation
- some very unspecified legal issues
- the general suspect of making fraudulent claims
- maybe the need of giving ID authentications and further documents
- vague announcements about the verification-processes of claims
etc...

In return we didn't get informations about who at the moment leads the process to solve the situation,
who exactly is CEO or owner of bitcoinica,
who makes the decisions about the veryfication-of-claims-process,
when the payout process will start,
how open positions will be handled,

Wasn't it the published statement that bitcoinica after the sale will be or is the most serious and most legitimated bitcoin business at all?
I really hope other businesses care more about cloud-security, backups, account an password security for thier customer accounts and general communications... or will do in future...
The bitcoin-economy is really in it's childhood-days I suppose, but I hope it will learn fast!

Bitcoinica was pitily an example for "HOW (not) TO DO"

I'm curious when the desaster will be solved at all, but I also think that most of the related peaple do their very best, even if they have to do it with piles of paper with long columns of "hard to read" transactions...

(no, I dont't want to turn back the clock to Typewriters-Times...)

legendary

I have faith and know that is a matter of time but this is stressful
legendary

I suppose we request identification documents and more data to support the ownership of the account ..
Activity: -
Merit: -
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
I have my pass written on a paper in my wallet so i know its correct. No reply to my last email i sent to them. WTF is going on? As patient as I normally am, I am getting pissed!

Genjix (One of the Bitcoinica guys working on the claims process) mentioned they only have a random sample of users password hashes:

Not all the password hashes exist. Only a few of them. That's why it says no password hash found. The record is not an old record but simply a recent sample of a random bunch of users. It does not matter how old your account is.

legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!
I have my pass written on a paper in my wallet so i know its correct. No reply to my last email i sent to them. WTF is going on? As patient as I normally am, I am getting pissed!
chill, we all are. they are bad at handling PR.
Activity: -
Merit: -
Pages:
Jump to: