Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 48. (Read 156693 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
christ

I always had to try about 3 times to get all my substitutions and whatnot right

fortunately it was only 1/10 of my position...down the drain
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
Can anyone confirm what happens when an incorrect password is entered? I do not know which of 3 possible passwords I was using at bitcoinica and the field disappeared after the first one.

I think that means you entered the correct password first time off, as when I was in the same situation I first tried one that didn't work as old or something then maybe another & the field just stayed there until I entered the correct one from those saved at lastpass.com - but I can't guarantee it's the same in your case but expect that it could well be.

edit: seeing above post, maybe I chose the correct one first off from those on offer to me at lastpass, don't remember for sure.
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
Can anyone confirm what happens when an incorrect password is entered? I do not know which of 3 possible passwords I was using at bitcoinica and the field disappeared after the first one.
If the password is correct - absolutely nothing happens. Just disappears the password field. If you are not correct - then see above (about "hand-withdrawal" someone wrote)
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
(surely, the rising exchange rate is a serious concern for them as the deal with authentic claims)

I wonder if the rate is artificially rising to take advantage of this situation. I'm not savvy enough to figure out how that could be done, let alone knowing if there's a real advantage for doing such, but do have a feeling that something doesn't smell right. Really? A near 18% gain over the past 30 days with this episode looming? One would expect the price to fall or, at the very least, remain stable as it has relatively done prior to this Bitcoinica episode.

I may be wrong, but it's something sure to think about.

I apologize for the slight aside, and I'm not the right person to start such a thread on this subject if one is warranted.

I am glad to see progress on this issue. Good job and good luck, guys.

~Bruno~

Good point .. Operation Rescue Bitcoin completed (?) Cool So where is my money?

Quotes in chronological order.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.888454
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74639.msg894104;topicseen#msg894104
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74639.msg894659;topicseen#msg894659
http://blockchain.info/charts/output-volume?timespan=1year&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=7&show_header=true&scale=0&address=
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/emergency-ann-bitcoinica-site-is-taken-offline-for-security-investigation-81045
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.899736

Edit And who is this R-?
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I entered my password, hit authenticate, but nothing happened. Is that normal?
Same happened to me, and no message like the last couple of posts.

Same thing.  The password field just disappeared.

It should be normal. I entered my password and it disappeared, but in the backend it shows "Password verified" as true.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Quick update:

1) Yep according to phantomcircuit - the emails are legit.

2) If I was doing this, I'd probably make all the accounts react the same way on the password verification

3) I was pretty paranoid about that email harvesting IP & passwords - I confirmed the authenticity of the email before I had proceeded any further

4) I have not received any further contact via email.

5) I have actually seen one person say that he'd received "50%" payment - on further checking it appeared that he had a position worth X and account balance worth X - he received 1 * X (I didn't get to press for more clarity or details  - sounded like they paid the /account balance/ in full, and 0 on the position so far, but please do not quote that)

6) At 5.95 this is seriously starting to hurt.

Activity: 486
2 more days till 30 days and still no update from bitcoinica on open positions or ETA when they expect to refund the funds to customers or how close are they to resume trading or testing there new bitcoinica service nothing, I know how much bitcoins I have and have all my deposit transaction numbers. Im sure this could be alot worst if bitcoins price went down in value. So how about a update soon...
Activity: 119
just tried to email [email protected]  again today and the email bounced back again

What email service? I'm using yahoo and it's not working either.

i am using yahoo as well.

ty for asking
Activity: 728
just tried to email [email protected]  again today and the email bounced back again

What email service? I'm using yahoo and it's not working either.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
So how about other accounts?

Not all the password hashes exist. Only a few of them. That's why it says no password hash found. The record is not an old record but simply a recent sample of a random bunch of users. It does not matter how old your account is.

Just tried the email and it seems to work fine for me.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
Not all the password hashes exist. Only a few of them. That's why it says no password hash found. The record is not an old record but simply a recent sample of a random bunch of users. It does not matter how old your account is.

my account has been validated by password, and i got a mail earlier from you(genjix at riseup dot com), saying that my claim has been accepted/validated, and that you would pay me out.

question: WHEN?
Activity: 60
I just sent an email to [email protected] and my email said the address does not exist. anyone else try emailing them?

here is what i get after emailing [email protected]:

Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 8:48 PM

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<[email protected]>:
No MX or A records for bitcoinica.com

Seems like dns problem. I've checked the logs from a week ago and the MX records were the same (at least the one my mail server used is the aspmx.l.google.com, like I posted above). No idea why you can't list MX records.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

I just sent an email to [email protected] and my email said the address does not exist. anyone else try emailing them?

Hey, I have and email seems to exist. I even checked the logs of my email server and it seems ok:

Code:
Jun 13 14:36:27 ibex postfix/smtp[26887]: 5ADE53E092: to=, relay=aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.70.26]:25, delay=0.83, delays=0.02/0.01/0.47/0.33, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1339590987 gy19si1512239bkc.20)

Code:
krakonos@muskox ~ $ dig MX bitcoinica.com
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 10 aspmx2.googlemail.com.
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 10 aspmx3.googlemail.com.
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 1 aspmx.l.google.com.
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.

In case bitcoinica is in posession of bitcoinica.com (and I think there is no reason why thay should not be), it looks good to me. Maybe you have a typo or your mail client doing something nasty?

I just quadruple checked for typos and sent a second email, still nothing.
Activity: 686
Wat

<[email protected]>:

Sad
Activity: 60

Hey, I have and email seems to exist. I even checked the logs of my email server and it seems ok:

Code:
Jun 13 14:36:27 ibex postfix/smtp[26887]: 5ADE53E092: to=, relay=aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.70.26]:25, delay=0.83, delays=0.02/0.01/0.47/0.33, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1339590987 gy19si1512239bkc.20)

Code:
krakonos@muskox ~ $ dig MX bitcoinica.com
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 10 aspmx2.googlemail.com.
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 10 aspmx3.googlemail.com.
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 1 aspmx.l.google.com.
bitcoinica.com. 1800 IN MX 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.

In case bitcoinica is in posession of bitcoinica.com (and I think there is no reason why thay should not be), it looks good to me. Maybe you have a typo or your mail client doing something nasty?

<[email protected]>:
Pages:
Jump to: