Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 50. (Read 156693 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
(surely, the rising exchange rate is a serious concern for them as the deal with authentic claims)

I wonder if the rate is artificially rising to take advantage of this situation. I'm not savvy enough to figure out how that could be done, let alone knowing if there's a real advantage for doing such, but do have a feeling that something doesn't smell right. Really? A near 18% gain over the past 30 days with this episode looming? One would expect the price to fall or, at the very least, remain stable as it has relatively done prior to this Bitcoinica episode.

I may be wrong, but it's something sure to think about.

I apologize for the slight aside, and I'm not the right person to start such a thread on this subject if one is warranted.

I am glad to see progress on this issue. Good job and good luck, guys.

~Bruno~
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
It seems that form is simply harvesting IP's and cleartext passwords and responds to everyone
with "No password hash found please contact [email protected] to request manual verification". Which would not be unreasonable if they just said so instead of "No password hash found", which is kind of looking like a little white lie, meaning "it is not found because we do not have db where to look for it".

Since they run it via https, do check their certificate before submitting anything. It should be issued to claims.bitcoinica.com .

I didn't receive that message.  Many others did not either.  It would most likely be that they couldn't recover your PW?  Just a guess.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
It seems that form is simply harvesting IP's and cleartext passwords and responds to everyone
with "No password hash found please contact [email protected] to request manual verification". Which would not be unreasonable if they just said so instead of "No password hash found", which is kind of looking like a little white lie, meaning "it is not found because we do not have db where to look for it".

Since they run it via https, do check their certificate before submitting anything. It should be issued to claims.bitcoinica.com .

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Would it tell me if I typed in an incorrect password? I have 3 possibilities I may have used, but its been too long to remember which one I did...
Activity: 661
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Same message here too, to an email address -no- one knows but Bitcoinica.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
i got the same message and I'm pretty sure my password is correct.
Im getting the same message others are getting

"No password hash found please contact [email protected] to request manual verification".

I have the same password that i used while the site was live and a previous confirmation email and ID.

Whats next folks?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

"No password hash found please contact [email protected] to request manual verification".

I have the same password that i used while the site was live and a previous confirmation email and ID.

Whats next folks?
Sounds likely that they have a partial or old database, and are verifying those that they have available to them.
I'll bet those that can't verify with a password all signed up or changed their passwords recently.

I did sign up recently. And yep, I got the "No password hash found" message. I wasn't even verified yet. Will it be necessary to send actual IDs to verify@bitcoinica via email? I have no clue how to encrypt my ID, and I don't feel very comfortable giving it away, either.
Activity: 532
I received the followup email requesting that I log in.

I confirmed the authenticity of that w/ phantomcircuit before proceeding.

I confirmed the password hash message in conversation with him (and that was the same as our previous conversation - some password hashes are not present.

from the amount of time I've seen phantomcircuit online, and the number of people in this thread who've received this followup, I cannot think that phantom & genjix are delaying at this point (surely, the rising exchange rate is a serious concern for them as the deal with authentic claims) - believe me, if I had this impression, I'd not hesitate to say so.

Anyhow - it's not actual funds yet. I am cautiously optimistic it will be soon.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

Whats next folks?
Sounds likely that they have a partial or old database, and are verifying those that they have available to them.
I'll bet those that can't verify with a password all signed up or changed their passwords recently.
Activity: -
Merit: -

Whats next folks?
Brutal Im getting a
No password hash found please contact [email protected] to request manual verification
+1

but... it is something !!!  Grin Grin Grin

Sure is...  another delay tactic.

I wish these forums had down-voting to handle posts like this.

Sticking your head in the sand won't change things either.

Do you speculate that your mail is being read because it's taking a while to get to your home, or perhaps that the jury is rigged whenever they decide opposite of your personal opinions?

Be patient. This community wreaks of impatient, whiny, hypocrites. When your pseudo-anonymous currency is stolen from a website run by a 17 year old that may or may not even have any legal obligation to pay you anything, when does it become difficult to have faith that they're going to cut you a check when they say they're going to cut you a check?

Why all of the sudden do you care about being critical?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Brutal Im getting a
No password hash found please contact [email protected] to request manual verification
+1

but... it is something !!!  Grin Grin Grin

Sure is...  another delay tactic.

Sticking your head in the sand won't change things either.
Brutal Im getting a
+1

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Brutal Im getting a
+1

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
I entered my password, hit authenticate, but nothing happened. Is that normal?
Same happened to me, and no message like the last couple of posts.

Same thing.  The password field just disappeared.

It should be normal. I entered my password and it disappeared, but in the backend it shows "Password verified" as true.

Thanks.  That's nice to know.
Activity: 761
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
i am 100 percent sure my pw is correct

Same here. I opened my account late Feb of this year so perhaps it is not in their old records.. Or perhaps users with pwd+OTP are affected? (probably not).

I already received an email that stated my claim was deemed valid and accurate, so I don't think I need to contact [email protected] to request manual verification at this point correct?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Now the question is: "how is manual verification?"
I already sent my national ID, id of deposits etc ... what else?
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Just got two emails, presumably from bitcoinica...
But no link was supplied.
Am I supposed to know where to find my claim?

The First: ************************************
Bitcoinica [email protected] via sendgrid.info  4:54 PM

Please verify your ownership of the claimed account by opening the claim and authenticating.

The Second: *************************************
Bitcoinica [email protected] via sendgrid.info 5:20 PM

The previous message has left some people confused.

This is about password verification of claims.

Please open your claim page (the one sent to you in the first email) and enter your bitcoinica password in the form towards the bottom of the page.

We are doing this to verify that the person who has opened the claim is the person who owned the account being claimed.

Sorry for the confusion.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
i get the same message:
"No password hash found please contact [email protected] to request manual verification "
i am 100 percent sure my pw is correct as i had it saved in two browsers.
i also tried in firefox and ie to no avail

Pages:
Jump to: