Pages:
Author

Topic: Pebblecoin (XPB) - FIRST DPOS CRYPTONOTE COIN LIVE - Qt Wallet GUI - v0.4.4.1 - page 7. (Read 56019 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Very very interesting. Did you save all ring signatures features?
Yes, all ring signature features are preserved! Transactions continue to be anonymous and untraceable, including the vote transactions.

Do you have a pure DPOS (POS) after PoW or a Hybrid PoS/PoW?
It's pure DPOS now.

Thank you.

EDIT: we really like your experience, because XDN is still on PoW phase.
Thanks!
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Very very interesting. Did you save all ring signatures features?

Do you have a pure DPOS (POS) after PoW or a Hybrid PoS/PoW?

Thank you.

EDIT: we really like your experience, because XDN is still on PoW phase.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
so is this coin pure POS now? No more boulderhash?
Yeah, there's no need for POW anymore. Boulderhash was designed to be botnet resistant, which was great, but DPOS solves that problem, and much more efficiently too.

yeah but unfortunately its proof of stake. Sad

but by all means, continue with the development. Interesting to see POS on the cryptonote codebase.
Whats wrong with the hashrate?
I am not sure why it shows up like that, but there is no more hashing at all on the network so the number is invalid anyway.

The "difficulty" is apparently 4294967295 but I'm not sure why.  I will have to ask Roman.  If it is 4294967295 though and the network gets one block every 15 seconds (default delegate staking time) then if it were hashing, it would need 68.27 MH/sec. 
The difficulty is 4294967295 for every proof-of-stake block, yes. The reason is that the winning blockchain isn't the one with the most blocks, but the one with the greatest cumulative difficulty. I wanted to make every POS block way more important to the blockchain so that nobody could re-mine a part of the blockchain with more proof of work, and then cause the blockchain to switch to that, which would have been easy to do if I had done something silly like make the POS blocks only worth 1 difficulty.
Yeah, there's no need for POW anymore. Boulderhash was designed to be botnet resistant, which was great, but DPOS solves that problem, and much more efficiently too.
DPOS on cryptonote?  Which coin it copy?
The coin itself is forked from bytecoin. I implemented DPOS on it from scratch, using Bitshares as the model. So the DPOS code isn't copied from anywhere else.
legendary
Activity: 6
DPOS on cryptonote?  Which coin it copy?
Activity: 54
i want use wallet to solo.but how to write with the conf?
XPB
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
I don't understand this coin anymore.

It'd be nice if we could get an explanation of how to see who the delegates are and how to check the list of all registered delegates...
Just go to the DPOS tab on the qtwallet.  You will see a list of all the delegates.  If you uncheck "autoselect delegates" then you can choose who to vote for.

OK, thanks, I've only tried simplewallet so far. Is the wallet's vote weighted by how much coins are in the wallet? Or are all wallet votes counted equally? Even a wallet with zero balance? Just curious how things work, since afaik there's not really any documentation besides the code itself.
yes we will have to write up a documentation at some point.  But for now I'll answer as people ask:

You vote with your XPBs.  Any one XPB is worth as much as any other XPB in terms of voting.  So the more XPBs you have the more votes you have.  Whenever you make a transaction, the wallet adds votes to it with the rest of your unspent coins, if you have any unvoted coins left.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

It'd be nice if we could get an explanation of how to see who the delegates are and how to check the list of all registered delegates...
Just go to the DPOS tab on the qtwallet.  You will see a list of all the delegates.  If you uncheck "autoselect delegates" then you can choose who to vote for.

OK, thanks, I've only tried simplewallet so far. Is the wallet's vote weighted by how much coins are in the wallet? Or are all wallet votes counted equally? Even a wallet with zero balance? Just curious how things work, since afaik there's not really any documentation besides the code itself.
XPB
I am not sure why it shows up like that, but there is no more hashing at all on the network so the number is invalid anyway.

The "difficulty" is apparently 4294967295 but I'm not sure why.  I will have to ask Roman.  If it is 4294967295 though and the network gets one block every 15 seconds (default delegate staking time) then if it were hashing, it would need 68.27 MH/sec. 
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
XPB
Received both transactions from poloniex Smiley

I received both of mine as well.

Thanks XPB for working with plx.
Great!  Glad everybody has gotten their withdrawals.
G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
Received both transactions from poloniex Smiley

I received both of mine as well.

Thanks XPB for working with plx.
XPB

XPB
How do I register to be a delegate?
Go to the DPOS tab on the qtwallet and click "Register".
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: