Pages:
Author

Topic: Pebblecoin (XPB) - FIRST DPOS CRYPTONOTE COIN LIVE - Qt Wallet GUI - v0.4.4.1 - page 11. (Read 55990 times)

XPB
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Creator of Pebblecoin
Help!!

I 16Gb and have launched mining but do not see any results.

someone can help me.
What is your hash rate?  The network hash rate is pretty high actually, it may take a while for you to get a block.

Hash Rate: 73.05 H/sec

and my team produces about 44.5 h / s
Then you should be getting a lot of blocks.  Are you the one on the pool?  The pool can't handle that much hashing power.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Help!!

someone can help me.
What is your hash rate?  The network hash rate is pretty high actually, it may take a while for you to get a block.

Hash Rate: 73.05 H/sec

and my team produces about 44.5 h / s
XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
Help!!

someone can help me.
Activity: 21
Help!!

someone can help me.
Activity: 14
I’m very excited to be working on implementing my ideas on xpb! After discussing my whitepaper with xpbcreator, we’ve decided to roll out the implementation in four major phases, one of which wasn’t mentioned on the whitepaper. I recommend reading the whitepaper before this post if you want to follow along. The four phases are:

1) Delegated Proof of Stake
2) Subcurrencies
3) Contracts Graded by Creator
4) Contracts Graded by Delegates

In the whitepaper, I clearly spelt out how #2-3 and most of #4 can be implemented. However, one shortcoming of the paper is that I didn’t describe how the tradeable contracts can be scored in a trustless way. I put forth some ideas, some mention of miners as information gatherers, but no clear way on how to implement it. Evidently, this is an important part of the system.

There would be some problems with using the proof of work miners as information gatherers. First, it may be difficult to provide a clear incentive for them to actually gather the information. Second, dishonest miners may report the wrong information, with no clear repercussions. It enough dishonest miners provided the wrong information, the contract would be incorrectly graded, and with no recourse. The higher the value of the contract, the greater the incentive to score dishonestly, with no long-term repercussions as the miners are all anonymous. There’s also the potential for a hashing power attack: even if 90% of future blocks have to agree, and most miners are honest, someone would only have to temporarily ramp up hashing power to 9x that of the current networks’ power for 200 blocks to determine any outcome.

Implementing delegated proof of stake solves these issues. We can now require nearly all of the delegates (say 90%) to agree on the data points before a contract is graded. Each of the delegates can be required to post a bond in order to supply a data point, which they forfeit if the rest of the network disagrees. That bond could also be imposed on proof of work miners, but aside from losing that bond, delegates face the even greater penalty of being voted out of being a delegate if they constantly gather incorrect information. By default, clients can elect to stop voting for a delegate that provided false information. Finally, it would be nearly impossible and financially prohibitive for a dishonest actor to become 90+% of the delegates for the sole task of grading contracts inaccurately. In the case where an attacker gains 10%+ of the delegates and attempts to block consensus, we’ll need to figure out a resolution mechanism (still in the works).

Delegated proof of stake also has the added benefits of securing the network more securely and at a fraction of the cost of proof of work. Some may argue that delegated proof of stake places control of the network in the hands of the few, but the rebuttal is that every single proof of work cryptocurrency already has this problem anyway, and in a worse way. On the coin with the largest market cap, just four mining pools together control 50% of the network. Since the consolidation of power on a network happens regardless, proper rules and incentives can much more effectively deter and prevent dishonest activity on the network. The cost of having a delegate process a block is very cheap, since no proof of work is required. In the case of Pebblecoin, this should also make network propagation times much faster given the slowness of the boulderhash algorithm.

Steps 1-3 are basically already planned out. As xpbcreator said, we’ll roll out a testnet for #1 in two weeks time. There are still a few decisions to be made for #4. One is to fully plan out conflict resolution if delegates - be they honest or dishonest - disagree on data points, or if a malicious client creates a difficult-to-gather data point. Another is to fully flesh out the scraping language that will be required to turn data gathered from web-pages (usually HTML data, but maybe JSON and plain-text as well) into data points to be placed into the blockchain. They key is to be able to use well-known sites, such as Yahoo and ESPN, as data sources, so the scraping language must be flexible, but it must not be too complex so as not to be prohibitive to run.

Any comments on the approach and whitepaper would be very appreciated!
XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
Keeping with Pebblecoin's theme of innovation and development, I have been looking for new features to implement on the coin.  I found this thread, by romanbrown, called "Trustless, Tradable, Reality-Based Contracts on cryptonote coins".  He wrote a whitepaper, direct link here.

I talked with him and we've decided to implement this on Pebblecoin.  As far as I can tell, it truly is an innovative approach to contracts, which isn't available anywhere else.  This should really put Pebblecoin in the spotlight.  We've already done some development work on it and it's almost ready for public testing.  I'll be releasing a testnet, most likely in two weeks, so the public can test out the new features.

Stay tuned.
XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
i can't sync now,anyone like me?
I'm pretty sure this coin is dead anyway.
The coin is definitely not dead!  There's quite a bit of hashing power on the network.  Plus development is going well, I will post an update soon as to what new features are coming.
XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
Does it stop or is it just taking a long time?  I just started a daemon and it seems to be synchronizing fine.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
WHY?
What is now a better cpu mining revenue

monero is ok for revenue.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Activity: 54
WHY?
What is now a better cpu mining revenue
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I'm pretty sure this coin is dead anyway.
Activity: 54
XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
On the pool for http://69.60.113.21/ I have 260 pending
I restarted the wallet, you should get them soon.

Although the daemon is rejecting the tx, saying it "used already spent key images".  This happened earlier and went away, not sure what'll happen with it now.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Can specifically explain this? I want to purse multi-machine joint solo

Compile simpleminer. Point simpleminer to daemon.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
On the pool for http://69.60.113.21/ I have 260 pending
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
We need more attention..and I will create..  Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Wolf0,do you have Wallet solo tools?
Mineral pools speed is very low, it should have with the wallet solo

Simpleminer can mine solo to pebblecoind - it's in the source, just not built by default.
Activity: 568
umachit.fund
I've just released version 0.3.0.2.  The sync issues should be resolved now - please let me know if your wallet still has trouble syncing.  The process takes longer than it probably should, but it does appear to end up synchronizing now.  The updated links are in the original post.

your binary cant run on XP or win 2003 under.
Is it a 64-bit machine?

yes!
Pages:
Jump to: