Pages:
Author

Topic: Pebblecoin (XPB) - FIRST DPOS CRYPTONOTE COIN LIVE - Qt Wallet GUI - v0.4.4.1 - page 10. (Read 56019 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
 The RPC console is not implemented yet

and it is unconfirmed,  what can I do?
XPB
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Hi
Yesterday I sent some coins from my v0.3.0.2 client to the v0.4.1.2 and still nothing ...  Cry
Transaction ID: d73d7f6de5ec27751bf749ab4a21a8e33f114f55b88c21a5c99b3931e7f7d504
Ok okay, I think I understand what is happening.  I changed the daemon's behavior to not relay transactions that are below the default fee.  However, I may have made a mistake and actually it doesn't accept them at all.  The old wallet by default has a fee that is too low.  So there are now two blockchains: the pre-fork one which contains transactions below the default fee, and the post-fork one which does not.

That was not intended, but now we have a forking change anyway (DPOS registration - with a new transaction type - has already started), so the answer is the same:  close your daemon/wallet, delete blockchain.bin from your data folder, and use the new daemon to re-sync.  Don't worry, you haven't lost any coins - the transactions spending them should be marked unconfirmed/invalid.

Meanwhile I'll work on a fix.
XPB
Hi
Yesterday I sent some coins from my v0.3.0.2 client to the v0.4.1.2 and still nothing ...  Cry
Transaction ID: d73d7f6de5ec27751bf749ab4a21a8e33f114f55b88c21a5c99b3931e7f7d504
Can you type
Code:
print_cn
into the command line window of your v0.3.0.2 wallet and paste what it shows you?

Also: is the transaction confirmed?

Finally: old wallets are compatible with new walletes.  So if you copy the 0.3.0.2 wallet and open it with the 0.4.1.2 client, and the coins aren't spent on the main network (which they don't appear to be), then you will still have access to them. 
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Hi
Yesterday I sent some coins from my v0.3.0.2 client to the v0.4.1.2 and still nothing ...  Cry
XPB
Just downloaded latest binary and withdrew 1000 XPB from Poloniex to wallet address, and they're not showing up in my wallet. Poloniex says transaction is complete, with tx id  0ca0b0255f8d9026121d470bc68b5cc2337a1d7998d76e4dec79f192bd31a7d4 but I have zero balance in wallet using pebblecoind and simplewallet, both fully synced :/

Any suggestions on what to do? No block explorer?
I think Poloniex is having some sync issues.  I wonder if they are on an alternative blockchain.  I don't see that tx from my node ("print_tx 0ca0b0255f8d9026121d470bc68b5cc2337a1d7998d76e4dec79f192bd31a7d4").  I'm currently communicating with them to update their daemon, hopefully once they do that and maybe resync it will work, though they shouldn't have had to update their daemon yet.  I will keep looking into this until it is resolved.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Just downloaded latest binary and withdrew 1000 XPB from Poloniex to wallet address, and they're not showing up in my wallet. Poloniex says transaction is complete, with tx id  0ca0b0255f8d9026121d470bc68b5cc2337a1d7998d76e4dec79f192bd31a7d4 but I have zero balance in wallet using pebblecoind and simplewallet, both fully synced :/

Any suggestions on what to do? No block explorer?
XPB
NEW RELEASE - LINKS BELOW

All went well on the testnet release, so after a few further minor modifications, we are releasing version 0.4.1.2 to the public.  This is a forking change, so please update your clients and servers.  At block 83120, sometime on April 21st, registration for DPOS delegates will begin.  At block 85300, sometime on April 24th, the network will switch over to DPOS.  As with the testnet, to become a delegate and receive block fees for securing the network, just turn on your wallet, register to be a delegate (5 XPB fee), and then leave your wallet on.  It will sign the blocks when it is your turn.

While Roman works on the next phase of the release - introducing subcurrencies - I will be fixing up some loose ends on the wallet, adding payment ID support, etc.

This is truly an exciting time for Pebblecoin.

LINKS:
Linux wallet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6dljl0599zeau6/pebblecoin-all-v0.4.1.2-linux-x64.tar.gz?dl=0
Windows wallet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b8nh3counb7lkw/pebblecoin-all-v0.4.1.2-win32-x64.zip?dl=0
XPB
Connection pooling mine often overtime, how to build their own mine pool? Or by purse solo, configuration files, how to write? Other clients connected through mining mining program purse?
Just get the pebblepool from github - https://github.com/xpbcreator/pebblepool - and follow the instructions.

Now i can not send xpb to the Poloniex.com, please see the problem.thank you!
I'll look into this.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Connection pooling mine often overtime, how to build their own mine pool? Or by purse solo, configuration files, how to write? Other clients connected through mining mining program purse?

Now i can not send xpb to the Poloniex.com, please see the problem.thank you!
XPB
i Compiled the "Miner Source"under centos 6.5 trouble, tips
configure: error: in `/ root / xpb / pebble mine-master ':
configure: error: could not find crypto
See `config.log 'for more details.
You mean the xpbcreator/pebbleminer source code?

The 'crypto' folder should be there.  It's in the github repository.  Are you sure you have all the files?

And userd the "Linux Stand-Alone Miner"trouble, tips
./minerd2: /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by ./minerd2)
./minerd2: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./minerd2)
./minerd2: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./minerd2)

How i can user?Help,thank you!
You need to install libcurl.  Try sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev.
i can't send the coins to poloniex for 12 hours,any one like me?
why?
i Compiled the "Miner Source"under centos 6.5 trouble, tips
configure: error: in `/ root / xpb / pebble mine-master ':
configure: error: could not find crypto
See `config.log 'for more details.

And userd the "Linux Stand-Alone Miner"trouble, tips
./minerd2: /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by ./minerd2)
./minerd2: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./minerd2)
./minerd2: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./minerd2)

How i can user?Help,thank you!
XPB
I've just pushed the testnet version of v0.4.0.1.  The binary download links are available below.  This is a testnet-only release.  Just download the binaries and double-click and it should work.

For ease of testing, the testnet uses boulderhash with far less RAM, so it's very easy to mine.  The goal of the testnet is to test the DPOS.  Once you have some coins, you can register to be a delegate.  When the testnet switches over to DPOS at block 1200 - sometime tomorrow (1 minute block time) - then proof of work mining will stop and the delegates will take turn signing blocks.  You can vote for who you want the delegate to be, or by default it votes for the delegates that have the best track record of processing blocks.  If you are a delegate, just leave the wallet on to sign blocks and receive the block fees.

Let me know if there are any problems, questions, or comments!  If the testing goes well we will announce the switch block of the main chain soon.

Download links:
Activity: 14
I’m very excited to be working on implementing my ideas on xpb! After discussing my whitepaper with xpbcreator, we’ve decided to roll out the implementation in four major phases, one of which wasn’t mentioned on the whitepaper. I recommend reading the whitepaper before this post if you want to follow along. The four phases are:

1) Delegated Proof of Stake

How many coins are going to be mined before DPoS is implemented and all mining rewards are stopped? It would be nice if there's an announcement 60 or 90 or 365 days before the switch is made. Also, the sooner the switch is made (with little to no time before announcement), the more this coin will be tainted as short PoW period with relatively few miners before switching to (D)PoS.
We're planning on switching to DPOS in a few weeks. But the important question to ask is not when DPOS, but why? For the why, see my earlier post from March 25th. Basically, the new contract features won’t work properly until DPOS is working properly. Since the new contract features is what will draw interest in the coin, it doesn't necessarily make sense to wait some arbitrary amount of time before switching over. We prefer to get the new features up sooner rather than later.

Any idea how many delegates are going to be used for DPoS? Follow bitshares model and have 101? Are there even 101 people mining this coin at the moment? I'm not a fan of bitshares because of the small number of delegates that control the entire network, but it seems like if the switch from PoW to DPoS is made soon for pebblecoin, then there will be a much smaller number of people than 101 validating each block and reaping all the rewards.
There'll be 100 delegate slots, similar to bitshares. XPB pointed out why there’s good reason to believe there'll be enough interest. If there are fewer delegates then anybody can sign up to be a delegate and easily (with zero votes) get rewarded for securing the network, just like with proof of work when there isn't a lot of hashing power.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
The mining for this coin has actually been very heavy.  There were periods where the hash rate got up to 60 H/sec.  Right now the pool says it is 48.72 H/s so let’s use that.  The 16 GB server I mine on gets 0.03 H/s.  It may be more on the low end so let’s say an average computer could get 0.06 H/s.  To get 48.72 H/s there’d have to be 812 average computers mining the coin.  There are probably some people that have above average computers, and some miners that are putting a lot of power, but it shows there’s definitely a lot of interest in this coin, in terms of number of people. 
I've heard there is a private miner, so I'd take these numbers with a large rock salt crystal.

From the start I promised to innovate with this coin, and I’ve already provided the only decent GUI wallet on a cryptonote coin...
Lol you can't even include a payment id with the GUI, how is it the "only decent GUI wallet on a cryptonote coin"?

Of course there is.  That's who's mining most of the coins.
legendary
The mining for this coin has actually been very heavy.  There were periods where the hash rate got up to 60 H/sec.  Right now the pool says it is 48.72 H/s so let’s use that.  The 16 GB server I mine on gets 0.03 H/s.  It may be more on the low end so let’s say an average computer could get 0.06 H/s.  To get 48.72 H/s there’d have to be 812 average computers mining the coin.  There are probably some people that have above average computers, and some miners that are putting a lot of power, but it shows there’s definitely a lot of interest in this coin, in terms of number of people. 
I've heard there is a private miner, so I'd take these numbers with a large rock salt crystal.

From the start I promised to innovate with this coin, and I’ve already provided the only decent GUI wallet on a cryptonote coin...
Lol you can't even include a payment id with the GUI, how is it the "only decent GUI wallet on a cryptonote coin"?
XPB
I’m very excited to be working on implementing my ideas on xpb! After discussing my whitepaper with xpbcreator, we’ve decided to roll out the implementation in four major phases, one of which wasn’t mentioned on the whitepaper. I recommend reading the whitepaper before this post if you want to follow along. The four phases are:

How many coins are going to be mined before DPoS is implemented and all mining rewards are stopped? It would be nice if there's an announcement 60 or 90 or 365 days before the switch is made. Also, the sooner the switch is made (with little to no time before announcement), the more this coin will be tainted as short PoW period with relatively few miners before switching to (D)PoS.

Any idea how many delegates are going to be used for DPoS? Follow bitshares model and have 101? Are there even 101 people mining this coin at the moment? I'm not a fan of bitshares because of the small number of delegates that control the entire network, but it seems like if the switch from PoW to DPoS is made soon for pebblecoin, then there will be a much smaller number of people than 101 validating each block and reaping all the rewards.
The mining for this coin has actually been very heavy.  There were periods where the hash rate got up to 60 H/sec.  Right now the pool says it is 48.72 H/s so let's use that.  The 16 GB server I mine on gets 0.03 H/s.  It may be more on the low end so let's say an average computer could get 0.06 H/s.  To get 48.72 H/s there'd have to be 812 average computers mining the coin.  There are probably some people that have above average computers, and some miners that are putting a lot of power, but it shows there's definitely a lot of interest in this coin, in terms of number of people.  

There has also been a lot of traffic on the irc chat embedded in the Qt wallet of people asking for help, so there is more interest than just in this thread.  It's been a relatively popular launch.  It got on an exchange very soon and it's listed on the Bytecoin website, all happening from other users that are interested in the coin.

From the start I promised to innovate with this coin, and I've already provided the only decent GUI wallet on a cryptonote coin, a new hashing algorithm that prevented botnets and centralized mining from swamping the coin, and the initial ramp-up reward period (the exact opposite of bytecoin which had huge rewards at first) to prevent initial advantage to mining in the period where it's easiest to get an unfair advantage, the first few weeks.  Because of this the coin has gotten a lot of interest.  The next step is the trustless, tradeable, reality-based contracts, and that requires distributed proof-of-stake to work, so that's what we'll release next
legendary

XPB
If you have more memory do you get a better hashrate?
No, once you have 13 GB it doesn't get much faster from there.  Maybe if you have 26 GB and a lot of cores and a fast CPU you can run two instances at once faster.
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
If you have more memory do you get a better hashrate?
Pages:
Jump to: