Pages:
Author

Topic: Peerbet.org - Play without house edge! - page 15. (Read 106574 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
March 27, 2013, 11:19:40 PM
The bug causing empty string in the chat PMs that was sent via API have been fixed!
legendary
March 27, 2013, 06:15:43 PM
Now you can send chat message to the concrete user, for example:

Code:
%user name, Hello, this is private message!
(comma is the delimiter, username can contain spaces)

Bot owners, please update your scripts to make chat more readable for real users.
legendary
March 27, 2013, 12:05:39 PM
We are happy to announce bonuses for the Peerbet website and Android app translation. You can earn 0.01-0.1 BTC depending from the localization value to the Peerbet (i.e. popular languages will be rewarded higher). You need to translate website's locale files and Android app's strings.xml.

If you are interested in, write what languages do you know.
I could do Polish translation. From the second one it's this /Peerbet_src/res/values/strings.xml file only?
You can start. strings.xml is the only one file required to translate Android app.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
March 27, 2013, 07:03:52 AM
We are happy to announce bonuses for the Peerbet website and Android app translation. You can earn 0.01-0.1 BTC depending from the localization value to the Peerbet (i.e. popular languages will be rewarded higher). You need to translate website's locale files and Android app's strings.xml.

If you are interested in, write what languages do you know.
I could do Polish translation. From the second one it's this /Peerbet_src/res/values/strings.xml file only?
legendary
March 26, 2013, 05:27:41 PM
You can remove users from chat mute list with "/unignore username" command.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
March 25, 2013, 11:41:59 PM
I like it.  I blogged recently about a bias I noticed will small (i.e. 50) sets of (contiguous) hashes showing drastic skew, although with much larger sets (i.e. 1,000,000) this was eliminated entirely.  I will retry with this new algorithm and see if small sets show improved probability.  Thanks!
legendary
March 25, 2013, 11:24:05 PM
Winning ticket determination algorithm have changed to increase produced random number quality. The bias described above was completely eliminated.

Code:
function getWinningTicket($nonce, $blockHash, $ticketsTotal)
{
    $randMax = 268435455;
    $remainder = $randMax % $ticketsTotal;
    $output = -1;

do {
        $hash = hash('sha256', $nonce . $blockHash);
        $randHex = substr($hash, strlen($hash) - 7, 7);
        $x = base_convert($randHex, 16, 10);

$output = $x % $ticketsTotal;
        $nonce .= '0';
    }
    while($x >= ($randMax - $remainder));

return $output + 1;
}

Previous version (use for verification of the raffles completed before March 26, 2013, 03:15 UTC):

Code:
{
    $randDec = base_convert($randHex, 16, 10);

return ($randDec % $ticketsTotal) + 1;
}
legendary
March 25, 2013, 09:16:22 PM
I can translate from English to Italian and from Spanish to Italian aswell,
i'm a native italian/spanish speaker.(Parents from both sides, i've lived in italy and spanish country aswell for years, right now i'm in Italy)
if you need me contact me to see how much work is it Smiley
Someone already took Italian translation, but said that he is very busy in near time. You can start working on Italian locale.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
March 25, 2013, 08:30:51 PM
I can translate from English to Italian and from Spanish to Italian aswell,
i'm a native italian/spanish speaker.(Parents from both sides, i've lived in italy and spanish country aswell for years, right now i'm in Italy)
if you need me contact me to see how much work is it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
March 25, 2013, 04:33:49 PM
I just thought: because you wrote about this flaw, you could also suggest how to correct it.

You know, I did suggest the stackexchange post, which has what I think is the correct algorithm.

I have implemented new random algorithm that solves bias flaw. Please ensure that it is correct.

With the caveat that I'm not a PHP programmer at all, it looks right to me.  

legendary
March 25, 2013, 01:58:51 PM
I have implemented new random algorithm that solves bias flaw. Please ensure that it is correct.

Code:
{
$randMax = 268435455;
$remainder = $randMax % $ticketsTotal;
$output = -1;

do {
$x = base_convert($randHex, 16, 10);

$output = $x % $ticketsTotal;
$nonce .= '0';
}
while($x >= ($randMax - $remainder));

return $output + 1;
}
legendary
March 25, 2013, 11:53:09 AM
If you don't want to do it, don't do it.  I was just giving feedback based the incorrect algorithm you posted on the forum.
I never said that I don't want to change the algorithm. I just thought: because you wrote about this flaw, you could also suggest how to correct it.
legendary
March 25, 2013, 11:44:38 AM
Hi, I made a few security tests on your site. I didn't find any SQL injection vulnerability, but I found out a way to do XSS attack. Is there any bounty for that? Wink
I can add some credits to play on your Peerbet account.
Activity: 26
March 25, 2013, 05:54:50 AM
Hi, I made a few security tests on your site. I didn't find any SQL injection vulnerability, but I found out a way to do XSS attack. Is there any bounty for that? Wink
legendary
March 25, 2013, 03:19:29 AM
But anyway, another algorithm would be to increment the nonce and generate a new hash.   Again, you do this deterministically only when the first hash falls in the bad range.
Suggest working PHP version of the algorithm with nonce increment and I will update Peerbet scripts.

I'm not a PHP coder.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it.  I was just giving feedback based the incorrect algorithm you posted on the forum.

legendary
March 25, 2013, 01:53:11 AM
But anyway, another algorithm would be to increment the nonce and generate a new hash.   Again, you do this deterministically only when the first hash falls in the bad range.
Suggest working PHP version of the algorithm with nonce increment and I will update Peerbet scripts.
legendary
March 25, 2013, 01:35:34 AM
You are right, but some users may incorrectly understand why some blocks being rejected and just stop playing. Suggest another algorithm without this disadvantage.

BTW, I still don't understand why change of algorithm is necessary when skewness does not (statistically significant) affect fairness of the game?
Your statements are contradictory here.  If the bias is very small (which it is), then blocks won't be skipped very often and users won't have anything to be upset about.  It's not going to happen very often, if ever.  But as things stand now you can't (honestly) say that your game is "fair."   You can say that the bias is "small" and users might be okay with that, or they might not.

legendary
March 24, 2013, 06:18:58 PM
You misunderstand.  The discarding is entirely deterministic based on the formula.  There is no way for the administrator to exploit that.  i.e. still provably fair.
You are right, but some users may incorrectly understand why some blocks being rejected and just stop playing. Suggest another algorithm without this disadvantage.

BTW, I still don't understand why change of algorithm is necessary when skewness does not (statistically significant) affect fairness of the game?
legendary
March 24, 2013, 04:41:34 PM
Discarding blocks can let users to think that Peerbet operator tries to play against its users

You misunderstand.  The discarding is entirely deterministic based on the formula.  There is no way for the administrator to exploit that.  i.e. still provably fair.

Activity: 26
March 24, 2013, 01:21:25 PM
my username: samurajj
Pages:
Jump to: