Pages:
Author

Topic: People are not motivated by money. - page 13. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 405
Merit: 105
September 17, 2018, 11:02:26 PM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)

Money is not a motivation by the most. People don't see money as a motivation. What motivates them is the passion they have for something. The result of what they do or the positive outcome is also what they are motivated. Just like in bitcoin, I believe some of here makes the learning as the motivation for engaging in here. However, we cannot hide the fact that some of us are being motivated by money.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 390
September 17, 2018, 11:01:41 PM
For some it applies though, but most of the greatest work and innovation to our world are made by passion and willingness to create that specific kind of thing. Come think of this, most of the innovators in the past or even now are supported by this businessman that wants results out of them because they invested in believing that there are good outcome that will earn them a big amount of money in return. So technically speaking innovation needs money to function but not for those people who is passionate. Nothing beats talent but without hard work it will become waste.
Activity: 435
Merit: 100
September 17, 2018, 10:34:45 PM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
Society now always needs money to get respect from people around. Most of us always need money to be able to care for our family and take care of our passions and interests. In my opinion, make a lot of money first and then make passionate later.
Activity: 994
Merit: 117
September 17, 2018, 10:18:01 PM
Everything you said is true and I wont argue with that more.

But I will surely make one point here that, money does motivate people to work hard. Now the examples you have given are far greater and are not relayed with the general people. If we go with the general people thoughts then note that they work 12-18 hours a day just because they will be getting their salary at the end of every month. If they even take the leave, go away with their work or under perform then surely things can worsen for themselves and they may get less salary. Just with that thought also most of them go on the work even when they are sick!! Just because they dont want to have less money in their ever salary.

I agree with you.
because money is what motivates us to work hard to get it.
in the current economic conditions all existing needs require money to get it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
September 17, 2018, 09:42:25 PM

Main reason why they care about money because money can buy them everything in this world, that's why they need find job to get money and using that to sustain their life.
Yeah I don't think it's true if people aren't motivated by money. in this increasingly capitalist world. many people make money like god.
they all work for money. they build their careers high because they want to get more money. we don't need to be hypocritical about that
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
September 17, 2018, 09:40:20 PM
Sad to say but that is the reality of life nowadays, people are happy when we do have money and becoming depressed when they don't have even a single money on their own, or becoming jobless that is why many people are thankful to the crypto world because they have given the opportunity to make money and investment without any hassle.

When you are having a hard time with your life, you will think that if only you have enough money then you will be able to do this or that but unfortunately, you are born with having not enough money so your motivation when you realized that you can achieve more when you have more money is to have money. When you reach to a point when you can have what you wanted then that would be the time you would find another goal which would be satisfaction and just being happy doing what you wanted.
Activity: 105
Merit: 1
September 17, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
Sometimes people get interested in dignity to the neglect of activities. these instances are very rare now since we all want to make a few thousand dollars for any efforts we make.

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
September 17, 2018, 05:32:44 PM
I am highly motivated by my ambition to be a billionaire. Aside the desire to learn a lot as i grow, i believe gaining financial freedom is very important in every ones life in order to eradicate poverty.
Activity: 78
September 17, 2018, 04:39:09 PM
I think you should not generalize that notion. I know a lot of people who are motivated by money only. Some friends only go to college because they want to be rich. I ask them whether they really enjoy what they're doing and their reply is: ''dude, I am going to make a lot of money''. So again, it depends on the individual.
Activity: 42
September 17, 2018, 04:35:02 PM
If it were that people were not motivated by money, then why so many speculative bubbles in our recent history?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
September 17, 2018, 04:09:59 PM
Everybody has their own reason how to motivate. Today  people work hard to earn a lot of money to buy their needs. You said that money is not a way to motivate  people, maybe some but you cannot deny that most of us are motivated by money for their own risk. Technology help people to earn more money, but dont judge people who are motivated by money because they have the reason for that.
Sad to say but that is the reality of life nowadays, people are happy when we do have money and becoming depressed when they don't have even a single money on their own, or becoming jobless that is why many people are thankful to the crypto world because they have given the opportunity to make money and investment without any hassle.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 17, 2018, 03:41:27 PM
Everybody has their own reason how to motivate. Today  people work hard to earn a lot of money to buy their needs. You said that money is not a way to motivate  people, maybe some but you cannot deny that most of us are motivated by money for their own risk. Technology help people to earn more money, but dont judge people who are motivated by money because they have the reason for that.

Well, it can be said that, technically, people aren't motivated by money as such, so OP is kinda right, to a degree at least. People may be motivated directly by a basket of things including but not limited to material things, fame, power, publicity, and a lot of other things. But most of what I mentioned (actually, everything) either requires piles of money (like expensive sports cars) or brings about piles of money, and sometimes it is hard to say what is the cause or what is the effect here. For example, people like celebrities may be looking for fame, and fame brings them money as a nice bonus

So can we say if they are looking for fame as such or for money it brings, or for both actually?
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
September 17, 2018, 03:30:54 PM
Activity: 231
Merit: 10
September 17, 2018, 03:08:33 PM
I don't know if I fully agree with this.  I think a lot of inventors are looking to get rich and not just to advance technology--history is full of people like that.  Fame and recognition also are factors, but money is a huge motivating factor for a lot of people.  I'd also point out that great advancements in tech or anything else generally make a LOT of money for whoever ends up buying whatever it is we're talking about, a patent, a device, whatever.

Economists would also have a field day with OP's argument, as they tend to think solely in economic terms.  I don't think everyone is motivated by money but you can't deny the importance of it.
Me too I don't think that I would agree that people are not motivated by money, because many people if they have and earn money there motivation increases especially if they earn a lot of.money they are motivated to do work and other stuffs. Remember that many people want to get rich so that for them to be rich they must be motivate to there work in order o earn money.
Activity: 63
September 17, 2018, 01:59:50 PM

Main reason why they care about money because money can buy them everything in this world, that's why they need find job to get money and using that to sustain their life.
Activity: 1463
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
September 17, 2018, 01:42:45 PM
People should not be motivated by money, money is literally a needs for us but it is just a way that we could porvide ourselves together with our family to support our daily needs. It is not necessary for to have a lot of money to live or to have life. So we should motivate ourselves to make a living rather than to earn money and do nothing.
But most of the people who are on this forum are motivated by money and chance to increase their wallets thanks to investing in some coins, they are looking for information here which one they should pick.
Activity: 126
September 17, 2018, 01:30:21 PM
but now everyone chasing money and making it their motivation in work, and most of them think money is the only one
Yes well money is not our only motivation but sometime it become the basic need for us, we should try to earn money in several ways, but money should be earn inform of crypto because now people are not much inspired with money only but they want new things, like digital money and digital currency to get new technologies and basic needs of life should be fulfilled with crypto currency as well.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
September 17, 2018, 03:36:35 AM

The reason why people are creating new ideas is for them to earn huge money. I really believe that money is the only thing who controls the world because many people are doing bad things just for money, that is why changing that concept is the best way for us to be motivated even without money.
each person has a different spirit, and different triggers. sometimes, money becomes a factor to make them excited. but, sometimes, a real estate, or another business makes them try to be harder to try. for me, money is just a stepping stone to make my business successful.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
September 17, 2018, 03:04:41 AM
There are two kinds of ppl: ones are motivated by the idea; others by money! But even those who are motivated by the idea, still need some basic funds. Even Tesla, who was a scientist by heart, nearly died of hunger. There is a bottom line for everything..
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
September 16, 2018, 04:09:02 PM

The reason why people are creating new ideas is for them to earn huge money. I really believe that money is the only thing who controls the world because many people are doing bad things just for money, that is why changing that concept is the best way for us to be motivated even without money.
Pages:
Jump to: