Pages:
Author

Topic: People are not motivated by money. - page 9. (Read 3232 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 22, 2018, 11:10:26 AM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
You are completely true. The kind of people you are talking about, I think they had it in themselves to do something big in life. Such people do not need any kind of motivation. They are bold and courageous enough which acts as their motivation. I don’t think so any person can make such great inventions like Microsoft, smartphone, etc in the wake of money. These people had great ideas which they implemented and money itself came to their door.

It is strange that you mentioned Microsoft in this context

And while we are at it, could you remind us what great inventions Microsoft made or how is it itself a great invention?  If anything, Microsoft has been slowing advances in IT for the last twenty years at the very least. Should I in turn remind you of their FUD campaign against Linux, their being behind SCO attack on free software, their nefarious practices of privatizing and monopolizing open standards, and whatever else they are doing to stifle and extinguish free competition in the field? On the other hand, they didn't invent anything themselves, they had just been stealing ideas and whole products (e.g. DOS) all the time and then paying or just telling people to shut the fuck up
Activity: 905
Merit: 113
September 22, 2018, 10:31:24 AM
everyone will definitely want money to get it they are willing to work hard so that successful people will surely be many people who imitate for their success too
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 22, 2018, 10:19:08 AM
People say this because they thought money is the answer to all of man's problem or even can be motivated by money.. it can be provided with right thinking and good heart but if its all for selfish gain then its wrong...sometimes people tell all these, alluring them to good fortune and great profit
Money attracts people to enter crypto, there are things that crypto gives opportunities to the needy even to those who still have and want to improves their living.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 22, 2018, 09:55:07 AM
This is a divided stand. On a normal situation when people may not need money, everything doesn't have to priced. On the other hand it would be easy to do things with money. This idea can be proven by events happening in the real world. Look at how corruption becomes an almost fulltime job for them.  This is just a clear proof that money is a motivation.
people are motivated by what they want to achieve and their love ones not by money .
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
“The Future of Security Tokens”
September 22, 2018, 08:03:37 AM
You think people are not motivated by money? I think this is not true. Money is that is creating all of this, and money is moving each and every one of us to go to work every day, to work hard and to earn some money, so we could save some and invest it smartly in something we find best for us and our families.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
September 22, 2018, 07:32:36 AM
People say this because they thought money is the answer to all of man's problem or even can be motivated by money.. it can be provided with right thinking and good heart but if its all for selfish gain then its wrong...sometimes people tell all these, alluring them to good fortune and great profit
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
September 22, 2018, 06:38:11 AM
I would say 95% of activates are motivated by money than other stuffs.

That's right, 95% or even more are motivated by money. Only brainwashed people like those living in North Korea can be motivated by Juche ideology being in fact slaves to Kim family. Same goes for people working for free in various religious sects, but at least they can chose whether to do it or not, while people born under a regime similar to North Korean's can't choose anything. Imo in a healthy society people should be motivated by money in the first place.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
September 22, 2018, 02:45:07 AM
Not everyone is motivated by money. I mean slot of people have lived their lives without the thought of money simply because they're not exposed to it. Others simply wants to perfect their chosen craft. Capitalism or no, people will work their ass off not just for money but for something bigger than themselves.
Looks like majority of the people quest for this one thing called money. Without money, nations have ceased growing, starvation on its peak in majority of the South African states and so on. Every country is trying to allocate the maximum of their budget to buying weapons for increasing security and power like the North Korea.

Regardless of what old people did, today the thing is completely opposite and the more money you have, the more power and influence over the political system you enjoy. If we look at the international trade, and the currency in which the trade is being carried out since long, you actually see how America is using the power of dollar to keep its hold tight in the rest of the countries.
Activity: 510
Merit: 102
September 22, 2018, 02:28:56 AM
I think people are often affected and motivated because of the success of people and have been able to get a lot of money so many people will make themselves to inspire people and many people will want to emulate their success as successful people.
successfull man inspire other people with several ways.and maybe people was motivated with this inspiration, not only about money but sometime they need inspirative word that able make them have new spirit.
Yes, but today's life style usually involved with money to make them move with accordance with the norms of society, so I think money is a factor of why people motivated to work and that is to earn money for their love one's to support their needs and wants for them to be happy and comfortable in this money driven society.
Activity: 636
Merit: 11
September 22, 2018, 02:08:57 AM
I think people are often affected and motivated because of the success of people and have been able to get a lot of money so many people will make themselves to inspire people and many people will want to emulate their success as successful people.
successfull man inspire other people with several ways.and maybe people was motivated with this inspiration, not only about money but sometime they need inspirative word that able make them have new spirit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
September 22, 2018, 02:02:39 AM
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
September 21, 2018, 09:49:46 PM
If you like what you do and you're happy there you will not have to worry about money because you've got your dream come true and that is your passion that money cant complete it, so If I do my passion like being as a youtuber and content creator money couldn't motivate me but it can help me to do a lot of things being what I wanted. 
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
September 21, 2018, 09:25:46 PM
but IMHO , money right now is the main idea why people do their job , but yeah not all people like that , but majority are like that and that real happens
Yes that is the truth of today.Money brings happiness to the people because if you have money,you can buy all the goods and services you want.And without having enough money today,you can barely survive in this world.

It is true that people can barely survive this world not having enough money but people should consider their salary and where should their salary make their lives better, they should consider their place to live.

I am not saying that people can't live wherever they want to live but the thing is that they will be having a poor life if they will be living in a city than living in towns or provinces. I live in a province and having a little wage do not concern us because we can get anything, not everything but be contented to what we have from nfood to entertainment.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 21, 2018, 09:14:20 PM
People are motivated by rewards. And a reward can be money, better life conditions, more comfort, more accessibility and Capitalism is a good way to give each person the reward he/she really deserves. It's a natural way of life, there is no reason to create so many polemics around it.

In countries where Capitalism is strong the youngs are blaming it. And in countries where Capitalism is weak people are starving or fleeing to other countries, especially the youngs. So, caution with what you desire, it might become true and the reality can be very different from your expectations.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
September 21, 2018, 07:49:39 PM
but IMHO , money right now is the main idea why people do their job , but yeah not all people like that , but majority are like that and that real happens
Yes that is the truth of today.Money brings happiness to the people because if you have money,you can buy all the goods and services you want.And without having enough money today,you can barely survive in this world.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
September 21, 2018, 07:47:45 PM
Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

If we talk about innovation, then we will also talk about creativity. Creativity can be said to be something that can provide updates in many aspects. The challenges of the times will be able to be answered by creativity which we can meet in everyone. Creativity is a flow of ideas that are still in our minds into something that can be called work or masterpiece. Creativity needs to be ignited and honed because it's the ability to see associations when others cannot. So one's creativity can produce innovations or something that's truly different. Whether it's creating a new product or creating solutions to problem-solving. Innovation requires creativity because one must be able to connect abstract ideas and other facts, with existing scenarios before making something unique and different. So there's a close relationship between the two.
Unfortunately, the human mindset's more advanced than its technology, greedy and greedy capitalists, often making it their business field. No doubt, history has also recorded their greed from buying a work by force or killing its creator as happened to Tesla.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
September 21, 2018, 06:43:40 PM
I agree, money is very weak motivation. People need understanding of meaning of their job. And when they have understanding of their way. It bring awesome result.
If money was such a poor motivator as you claim, businesses will not be doing everything that they can to try to get as much profits as possible, even some of the greatest genius in the history of humanity were motivated by money, of course they wanted to reach something greater than themselves and wanted to make great discoveries and to create great inventions but at the end money is a necessity for everyone and we need it to survive.

So we need to accept the reality money is one of the greatest motivators in the world, if it wasn't for money and what it buys people will not wake up at 5 o'clock to go to their jobs and work long hours at a job they hate, they do that great sacrifice because they want the money and nothing more.
Exactly.While money is not a great motivator of people way back from past decades,we cannot deny the fact that at the current time all people are greatly motivated by money to work hard to gain more money so they can cater to all their family's needs.So money is really of high necessity for all of us because without it,we can't do nothing and cannot survive then.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
September 21, 2018, 05:22:51 PM
I agree, money is very weak motivation. People need understanding of meaning of their job. And when they have understanding of their way. It bring awesome result.
If money was such a poor motivator as you claim, businesses will not be doing everything that they can to try to get as much profits as possible, even some of the greatest genius in the history of humanity were motivated by money, of course they wanted to reach something greater than themselves and wanted to make great discoveries and to create great inventions but at the end money is a necessity for everyone and we need it to survive.

So we need to accept the reality money is one of the greatest motivators in the world, if it wasn't for money and what it buys people will not wake up at 5 o'clock to go to their jobs and work long hours at a job they hate, they do that great sacrifice because they want the money and nothing more.
Activity: 317
Merit: 11
September 21, 2018, 02:09:04 PM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
i dont think so. most of the people are money oriented. although not all. money is not everything, but everything need money Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
September 21, 2018, 01:59:25 PM
Pages:
Jump to: