Pages:
Author

Topic: People are not motivated by money. - page 14. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
September 16, 2018, 03:39:42 PM
I'd disagree because can you ask all your relatives why do they do their work even though they don't like it? Money will be the answer, and it is pure motivation.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
September 16, 2018, 02:16:24 PM
All the points you mentioned are true and not together , people wanted to innovate things they did but it requires a little money they don't work for it but they need it even if it is  just to survive ,secondly most of population does not work or cannot work to bring a great change in world ,they work to live a better life they move to different countries get their phd's work extra shifts ,long shifts to only have a little more money than usual , all of the business organizations will only work for most of the part if they some profit tangible or intangible.so yeah people are ready to work extra if they good extra money specially those who live below poverty line.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
September 16, 2018, 01:28:35 PM
People who are rooting for their idea - that's people who are not motivated by money. But, unfortunately, money is needed to realize their idea. Therefore, usually such people have to look for investors who will be able to invest their money in their idea. So, no matter whether we like it or not everything in this life revolves around money. And in the end all people are turn out motivated.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 16, 2018, 01:22:16 PM
strongly agree, many people are smart and have ideas / innovations but they cannot develop it because of lack of money, more money
but there are also intelligent people with limitations, he can create new things that can benefit others without thinking about money
I agree some people are motivated by money since they lack it and they also need it. But some people don't think about the money, they're more focused if their new things can help a lot of people. It's different, some people perspective is to get rich, while other people perspective is to help poor people to get rich.
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
September 16, 2018, 12:43:58 PM
strongly agree, many people are smart and have ideas / innovations but they cannot develop it because of lack of money, more money
but there are also intelligent people with limitations, he can create new things that can benefit others without thinking about money
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
September 16, 2018, 12:43:11 PM
And it seems to me that on the contrary, in our modern world almost all people are motivated by money. Everyone rushes to work every morning to earn a living and pay for their needs. And what you write about people who want to change the world and something to invent, they do it when they already have wealth and all this becomes available when they have achieved that they can't deny themselves anything.

Because times have changed a lot but the mentality of people don't We really need to get up every morning, go to work because we have mouths to feed. Unless you got lucky and born with a silver spoon. So for me, people works hard to accumulate wealth so that when they retire, they can still live comfortably. So I'm not against people who are motivated by money just like everyone, but its how you earn. If by illegal means then thats something not universally accepted by society and sooner or later it will all vanished in thin air. Just look at those drug lords, Pablo Escobar lives lavishy but when he died, everything is nothing, not even his family is living a good life now.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 12:37:02 PM
And it seems to me that on the contrary, in our modern world almost all people are motivated by money. Everyone rushes to work every morning to earn a living and pay for their needs. And what you write about people who want to change the world and something to invent, they do it when they already have wealth and all this becomes available when they have achieved that they can't deny themselves anything.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 16, 2018, 12:27:52 PM
we work because we want to get money. for most people, money is a motivation. Only a few people do not make money as their motivation, but satisfaction with something like a hobby and creativity will be their motivation. but in the end, a hobby or creativity that is able to produce beautiful and interesting works will also be rewarded by money or appreciation. according to my own thoughts, money is still the motivation of most people in living their lives.

Fundamentally, it is not money itself that motivates us

In simple terms, there are two things which are behind the motivation we have in the pursuit of obtaining more money. First, it is all the things we can buy with it even though we may not consciously understand it or think about it. And second, it is the choice and freedom of choice that money gives us. In this way, money is purely utilitarian, which can be proven by a simple mental experiment. For example, if you desperately wanted something but couldn't buy it with money (for whatever reason), what would you choose, that thing or its money equivalent?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
September 16, 2018, 12:20:24 PM
Well, I believe that everyone is not looking for money as a final destination but in this modern world (Kali Yuga) the basic emotional necessities for human (like love, respect, trust and care) are getting rare day by day and sadly, we are looking for money to buy it. Yes, there are some exceptions for it as OP mentioned.
copper member
Activity: 409
September 16, 2018, 11:46:56 AM
I am motivated by money. I think to meet the needs, money is very necessary. People work hard to earn money, and money can be a motivation for people to do anything.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
September 16, 2018, 11:29:23 AM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)

For me that's not true. The money can control one's life that's why more people argument because of money. The money can motivate someone because the money is the most important thing in this world. We work because of money, We need to fill in our needs or help our family in our expenses.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 10:54:24 AM
we work because we want to get money. for most people, money is a motivation. Only a few people do not make money as their motivation, but satisfaction with something like a hobby and creativity will be their motivation. but in the end, a hobby or creativity that is able to produce beautiful and interesting works will also be rewarded by money or appreciation. according to my own thoughts, money is still the motivation of most people in living their lives.
September 15, 2018, 12:58:11 PM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
Not all learned inventors sought to get rich. But money can be a good motivation for work!
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
September 15, 2018, 12:27:57 PM
People should not be motivated by money, money is literally a needs for us but it is just a way that we could porvide ourselves together with our family to support our daily needs. It is not necessary for to have a lot of money to live or to have life. So we should motivate ourselves to make a living rather than to earn money and do nothing.
Activity: 49
September 15, 2018, 12:04:20 PM

I am totally agreed to this statement but, nowadays, most of the people are more concern to money than anything since money is the most important factors in our lives, it is the one who provides our life. We work because we want to give our family a better life, we want to give them their needs as well as their wants. Therefore, there is no problem if the people will motivated by money because it is one that we need to we work for.
Activity: 490
September 15, 2018, 10:05:27 AM
it is not true. people are just motivated by money, they think that money can buy everything but in time they realize that they made a mistake
In my opinion there is no problem if people are motivated by money because money is one of the important factors in our lives. Everything need money and if you have enough of money it Will help you to guarantee your family life. People work hard to earn money because they want to improve their life to be better.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
September 15, 2018, 09:46:49 AM
Everything you said is true and I wont argue with that more.

But I will surely make one point here that, money does motivate people to work hard. Now the examples you have given are far greater and are not relayed with the general people. If we go with the general people thoughts then note that they work 12-18 hours a day just because they will be getting their salary at the end of every month. If they even take the leave, go away with their work or under perform then surely things can worsen for themselves and they may get less salary. Just with that thought also most of them go on the work even when they are sick!! Just because they dont want to have less money in their ever salary.
That is it, however, even though it does not motivate people to work hard, that does not stop it from being additional benefit which we all know in the world we are living now; a lot of people have been fixated on the idea of just making money even if they do not like what they are doing.

Usually, for quite very few, I would say they could get motivated based on the passion they have for what they are doing, and even without the money, the fact that they are fulfilling their desires, is enough motivation for them. For people that create solutions to problems, bring up innovation, and do it well, sure thing, money will always be a side benefit.
I agree that people are interested in innovation but on the other side not all. These are just a few who are committed to innovate, the rest of the people are those who get benefits of these innovation. If someone says that I am reinventing the wheel we call him stupid in our language.
Here we have the same case, may be satoshi was only interested in giving a different financial model to the world but all the remaining people including myself are interested to gain benefits from it.
All the investors of the crypto are after money and if someone deny it, the truth doesn't change.
Activity: 364
September 15, 2018, 09:45:07 AM
Currently it is really not about money but actually money is the most powerful equivalent of desired goods, it can be about free time or hobbies, presents etc. Money decides a lot today.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
September 15, 2018, 09:27:37 AM
The scientist is a researcher who is looking for a theory and sometimes looking for a definite discovery as long as their struggle is not getting results instead of spending their money but not being minded because their goal is how their research can be achieved and the smelly success after that they will get their money coffers.
September 15, 2018, 09:23:51 AM
I agree with what you've said, in my opinion there's two kind of person, one will work hard for money and the other want don't care about money but he want to change something. A lot of people fell in the first category, money motivates them to work hard because they need it to survive, to buy daily neccesities etc, maybe later when they have enough money and life become boring then they will change to the second type.
Pages:
Jump to: