Pages:
Author

Topic: People are not motivated by money. - page 17. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 606
Merit: 10
September 13, 2018, 01:17:15 AM
Money is can motivate every one but how hard and way to earn money is way could motivate all people to try and know it. many motivator always giving wrong way for people, show the money but not giving way how to start looking for money.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 12:44:42 AM
People can be easily motivated through money because every one is doing effort for the sake of money and high return and in these days people are waiting for the price rise so they can make more money with it and for now the best reason behind the crypto falling is the wrong news and false information.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
September 13, 2018, 12:27:06 AM
Okay that is true because I am myself science student and I have seen very much happiness in the scientific exploration rather than just making money. Its true that everything here needs lot of money and even for scientific exploration may need huge amount of money. But I believe that it is the part of transaction and the real money thing. It is troubling when someone is all behind the money and loosing the control of his life. If he is doing anything like that then moneys the problem otherwise there is no problem with the guy like me who is all into the science. There are many people like that around the world and then truth comes out where money doesnt matter anymore.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
September 13, 2018, 12:20:37 AM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
right. all is passion. Most billionaires generally work without profit. They just enjoy doing what they like and that makes a difference in their career. We should learn to be more successful. Grin
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 12:17:46 AM
Some people like Tesla was just borned to do something for this world, not for the sake of money.
We all know a lot of people like that. I think most scientists are. Also we can tell that a lot of people are doing things that are their passion, what they love, what they enjoy to be in everyday. Not doing things that make the most money.
Those people are to be admired and for inspiring other people.
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
September 13, 2018, 12:10:16 AM
Money is the motivation of last resort, as defined by Gresham's law, money being defined as that resource you are most likely to trade away. 

As such it attracts those who have little personal power - the least educated and most desperate. 
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
September 12, 2018, 10:36:37 PM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)

is it better to say people are motivated now for money, we are not cavemen anymore that are stuck in a cave, with no electricity bills to pay, no animal walking outside our house to catch and eat raw, we cannot leave our houses half naked, and walk a hundred miles to work, major changes has occur since man stepped out of that cave, tesla is a scientist, of course he is more motivated by science rather than money, we all need money to survive, i am not saying money is everything but money is now a necessity. we have to work for it, in order to pay our dues.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
September 12, 2018, 10:25:46 PM
That is right. Money is not the absolute motivation. There are money people doing their jobs not for money, but for their happiness and hobby. I think doing something for hobby or passion result better than just for money. Money can be a motivation for people who really need for maintaining their life.
Activity: 166
September 12, 2018, 10:14:44 PM
Everyone has different motivation of their works. The reason of doing their jobs depends on the individual. However, most of us are doing our jobs because we want to earn and get our needs from what we. And what we get influences the quality of our life and motivation. For some employee and workers with low risks of their job, money probably become the best motivation because they want to get much money as possible with their jobs. In other hand, for some employee with difficult jobs, they probably never think about their salary or money because they want to create and build great jobs, not money. Therefore, it can not be generalize that people are not motivated by money because it depends on the aspect of the job desk/specification.
Activity: 40
September 12, 2018, 10:09:47 PM
Who are those that are not motivated by money even the rich are motivated with money. if they are not. why are still involve in one investment on the other. if some are not motivated with money they have their reasons.
Activity: 119
September 12, 2018, 09:35:12 PM
I don't think so, because your sample is too specific to capitalist nature of society. In many countries, people are still strong motivated by money whereas money becomes everything.  People who are not really motivated by money is only a few from a huge number of society, they probably are already in high class therefore they are not motivated by money. In addition, even in some developed countries,  I believe that money is still the best motivation for the society.
Activity: 81
September 12, 2018, 09:29:33 PM
Truth is that there is some people motivated with money and some that are not. So there are different motives for success in people, saying that it it is not motivated by money is true in some cases

people are not motivated by money ... it might happen in a fantasy world ... because there is nothing free in this world, all are rewarded with money, so many criminals all come from wanting to get money, maybe for a few people there who are not money motivated but it can be ascertained that the person is a millionaire or is too rich so he doesn't need money ...,,,
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218
Change is in your hands
September 12, 2018, 09:15:39 PM
I don't know if I fully agree with this.  I think a lot of inventors are looking to get rich and not just to advance technology--history is full of people like that.

But that is because of the capitalist nature of the society. In a society where 'profit' means everything, you will breed people who will only care about the 'money'. But what happens when the tables are turned? Something like the Soviet Union. People were hungry for Power cuz 'money' was guaranteed at that time. Make a 'moneyless Decentralized' society and reward those who come up with brilliant ideas and solutions, I bet people will even come up with cures for cancer too. There was an interesting video on this topic by Kurzgesagt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvskMHn0sqQ I will recommend you to check it out.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
September 12, 2018, 09:02:06 PM
Such an opinion may not apply in a country with a low economic level, because here everyone is motivated for money, all our efforts will have difficulty in living all life in this world, the business of buying and selling in cryptocyrrency is also the ultimate goal to get as much profit, because the state party cannot guarantee prosperity for every citizen, so we fight for ourselves ....

It would depend on what is your financial status because those who are already has financial freedom would not be motivated by money. Well, except for some who aren't contented with what they have and they want to have more of it. When you are having financial problems, you will be more motivated to do something just to earn money but it would depend on your conscience then if you will be doing it in a legal or illegal way.

There are some people that are motivated by money some are don't, but most of them are motivated by money, nowadays
a lot of people really emphasise on money to show their social status and to live better, only few percentage of people that lived in the world that are not motivated by money, because basically they think that their life is already comfortable and secure

Those who are comfortable with their life and has already reach the financial status that they wanted would find other goals which would make living more enjoyable. Those who love their niche wouldn't mind of they are earning a little because it's what makes them happy. Basically, it would boil down to whatever makes them satisfied and happy.
Activity: 80
September 12, 2018, 08:50:27 PM
This is true. Once people's basic needs are met they strive to make a difference and find meaning, to create for the sake of creating. It's an instinct to want to leave a legacy. Even the richest people (Branson, Musk, Bezos) seem to care much more about changing the world than making a buck. It's just a side effect of the problems they're solving. 

As much as I despise the guy, even Trump cares more about "making a difference" in his eyes than making money. The man is a billionaire and could've lived like a king until he dies but he chose to fuck up the world before he goes. Purpose is everything.

Such an opinion may not apply in a country with a low economic level, because here everyone is motivated for money, all our efforts will have difficulty in living all life in this world, the business of buying and selling in cryptocyrrency is also the ultimate goal to get as much profit, because the state party cannot guarantee prosperity for every citizen, so we fight for ourselves ....
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
September 12, 2018, 08:40:44 PM
There are some people that are motivated by money some are don't, but most of them are motivated by money, nowadays
a lot of people really emphasise on money to show their social status and to live better, only few percentage of people that lived in the world that are not motivated by money, because basically they think that their life is already comfortable and secure
Activity: 658
September 12, 2018, 06:47:36 PM
I do not agree with you completely because this subject is arguable. I am sure that money can motivate people to do their job better. Generally speaking you can make sure in it yourself I mean that you likely do not want to work for a small salary so money is the quite important factor for motivating people. By the way I know that almost any sphere begins evolving quite well when money come to that sphere. You mentioned Tesla and others but all these people are genious in special fields so I consider that we should split genious people from the other part of the society.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
September 12, 2018, 06:45:40 PM

There are people that are not motivated by money and they are willing to work in whatever they are passionate about without really caring about the economy gains that they could get, but you cannot expect the whole population of the world to follow that very same model, we know that is not the case and we have seen that in practice, if you take the time to look at the products of the disappeared USSR and the products of the US there was no comparison, the products of the United States were way better, were more advanced and were cheaper to produce.

So while at first it may seem like communism can get away with their goals the truth is they cannot, and eventually any desire for innovation is going to disappear from most people except the most motivated ones.
Activity: 184
Merit: 2
September 12, 2018, 05:06:33 PM
money is a motivative factor for any human being, if you desire the best task from an individual, then attach financial gains to it, and you will see results, the above analysis are so true, but gone are those days when people care less about financial gains, the value system is depreciating as the day go by, money is now the new form of gratification.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 12, 2018, 04:51:41 PM

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

Even if some people like the one you mentioned (Nikola Tesla) didn't work for money, this doesn't change anything on a larger scale. Today, advancements are made by big battalions, militarily speaking, not by single individuals. But the majority wants money whether you like it or not. And I'm not sure about Tesla either. I don't know the whole story, but he is said to have left Thomas Edison when the latter refused to pay him a promised sum of money. This is not something that you would expect from someone who didn't care about money altogether

So it seems that you need to check your facts first

Pages:
Jump to: