Pages:
Author

Topic: People are not motivated by money. - page 10. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 252
September 21, 2018, 11:21:59 AM
By and large, scientists-geniuses do not live by material thoughts.Their brains work differently.They are not driven by money but by new ideas and methods of their implementation.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
September 21, 2018, 10:25:30 AM
This example is typically derived from the Maslow pyramid where needs are in hierarchical ranked. As long as you go to the next level, however, your salary rate increases. This is the reason why people who contribute to the society and the global economy become rich eventually.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
September 21, 2018, 09:04:14 AM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)

Of course there are people who do things just to better mankind or to help society (scientists who research incurable diseases funded by donation money).
But I think there are more people who do it for the money so they can live their ideal life. The world is driven by money and selfishness.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
September 21, 2018, 07:51:24 AM
Money is the motivation for people to face their needs and desires. When a person has enough money not to care about minimum needs like food, housing, etc, he or she has time and resource to create something innovative beneficial for everyone. I think money is one of the main motivating factors, but not always. Some people find motivation in fame, appreciation, and power. Sometimes, these people’s needs are stronger than money.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
September 21, 2018, 04:16:23 AM
I agree with the things you mentioned because the people you mentioned have different thoughts from people today, because in this era people are looking for money to buy luxury items so that they are more widely known and viewed as rich people.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
September 21, 2018, 04:08:35 AM
Everybody have a different perspectives in life. For me,  money is the most sought by the majority of all the citizens in one country, especially now,  most of the commodity are constantly increasing prices.
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
September 20, 2018, 11:47:17 PM
I think for people that are poor, money will be very important for them. Because they need money to buy food and water, and to meet their basic living needs. For rich people, maybe money is not that important, but for me, money is like the more the better Smiley
Activity: 323
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 11:20:41 PM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)

For me some bitcoin users are motivated by the money. The money can make the people to become a hard working person, We all know that the money can control people. So the money can motivate a some one because the money is very powerful.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
September 20, 2018, 09:23:29 PM
I think the physical purpose of humankind is to have a good life. House, cars, buildings, yachts are just one of the materials we dreamt. These things are run by money. Therefore, we want to have money. However, I cannot say that money is the motivation of the people. It is just what we want to have for. My motivation is my family. They are my inspiration to move up.
Activity: 700
September 20, 2018, 08:51:07 PM

It is true that people innovating on technology and make their life more easier. But people need money for research and development, thats why inventor or company need profits to expand their technology. People always need money because people always need something in their life
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
September 20, 2018, 07:31:48 PM
if it is associated with economic factors now it might be said that, some percent of people are no longer motivated by money, they are more motivated by investment commodities such as stocks, gold, silver and currency to save their assets and earn profits, they are not motivated with money as possible because the exchange rate tends to decrease along with inflation
They are also considered as money in exchange of those stocks and investment. Money is placing a big role for us today, we cant move easily if we don't have such things. If course, it simply motivated us we have to more money rather than do works with nothing in returns. Money is making us alive.
Activity: 322
September 20, 2018, 05:41:55 PM
if it is associated with economic factors now it might be said that, some percent of people are no longer motivated by money, they are more motivated by investment commodities such as stocks, gold, silver and currency to save their assets and earn profits, they are not motivated with money as possible because the exchange rate tends to decrease along with inflation
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
September 20, 2018, 05:17:46 PM
I would say 95% are motivated by money than other stuffs.  Money is everything. There are few seen rarely to be generous in giving out / helping out money to needy. But majority goes for money even  though he or she is already well settled. Hence do not say people are not motivated with money. When you have money and have loving heart, you own the world. I felt it within.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 04:42:33 PM
and I think that they are very motivated by money. people think that money is now decided by everyone and therefore are fighting for them
Activity: 308
September 20, 2018, 01:05:56 PM
It can be true, but I'm not fully agree with that. In the past money perhaps isn't the major thing for scientist's life, but the world now says different thing. Many of them are concerned on how to make good money even some of them are truly dedicate their life for knowledge. So, it depends on their own motivation.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
September 20, 2018, 11:33:52 AM

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

You are completely true. The kind of people you are talking about, I think they had it in themselves to do something big in life. Such people do not need any kind of motivation. They are bold and courageous enough which acts as their motivation. I don’t think so any person can make such great inventions like Microsoft, smartphone, etc in the wake of money. These people had great ideas which they implemented and money itself came to their door.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 20, 2018, 11:31:58 AM
I'd disagree because can you ask all your relatives why do they do their work even though they don't like it? Money will be the answer, and it is pure motivation.
Well, categorically speaking, we cannot say everyone is not motivated by money, most especially in this our current life where money is thoroughly needed. However, with what the OP said, it is true for those who are passion driven, ready to innovate to make a difference in the world and even without some cash at their disposal, that zeal and urge to do something out of the box, just keeps driving them as much as possible.

Conceptually, I agree with you, though I have to clarify a few things, or rather expand your idea

In your post (and likely in your mind as well), you divide people into two groups (categorically speaking, as you call it). One group consists of people who are motivated by money, and another group of those who may be motivated by something else. The first group are obviously after material things, and they are motivated by money as much as it can provide them with these things as is the case with anything material. We say money is the biggest factor in this case as the connection is straightforward, and everyone understands what is meant here (well, at least I hope so). The second group are onto something else which has no direct connection with money. But here's the catch, whatever that might be, almost always you would need money for that. In this way, people who are passion-driven may not be motivated by money as such, but they still need it. And the stronger their passion is, the more it will be demanding in monetary terms
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
September 20, 2018, 10:10:54 AM
but I think that is different from today, thinking that without money there is no work, almost all work is motivated by money. it's hard to find people who don't have motivation because money happened in the past.
Activity: 567
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 09:40:07 AM
it's about changes in human civilization, where the human habitat is getting smaller now. they need a decent place to live, without working hard to live on people's land? I do not think so..
about capitalism, let the age wheel that will speak.

Activity: 756
Merit: 505
September 20, 2018, 08:03:35 AM
Money is the purpose, not the tool. for everything. You can do anything using the money. The more money you have, the more free you are.
I think it is a source of motivation. We do everything for money. In the end, a business does not make people happy.
Pages:
Jump to: