Pages:
Author

Topic: People are not motivated by money. - page 7. (Read 3232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
September 26, 2018, 11:06:15 AM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)

Nope! Cash rules everything around me C.R.E.A.M. get the money,dollar dollar bill, y'all. You can be motivated by other things only in utopia world like in Jacques Fresco fantasies
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
September 26, 2018, 11:00:06 AM
but IMHO , money right now is the main idea why people do their job , but yeah not all people like that , but majority are like that and that real happens
Yes that is the truth of today.Money brings happiness to the people because if you have money,you can buy all the goods and services you want.And without having enough money today,you can barely survive in this world.
Definitely, money is now the basis of people of having a perfect life, if you huge amount of money everything are now attainable for you. Some of them are using money to solve their problem. Nowadays, money has a big impact, if you don't have any of it then everyone will criticize you as hindrance for them and that is the sad reality.

Anyone that criticizes others for not having money are really disturbed people, they will have a rude awakening when they are about to die and realize in the end money really doesn't mean anything.

This is not the whole story. In fact, I tend to think that you are oversimplifying things here as no one goes for money itself, I mean, exclusively for multiplying their bank account balance. There are some crooks and perverts, of course, but in general people want money because they want things which can be bought with it. But that would be a completely different matter. For example, if you want money to raise your kids and give them proper eduction, I don't see how you are going to regret this "in the end".

Ironically, what I said doesn't seem fully applicable to cryptocurrencies as there are enough people who consider themselves long term holders or "hodlers", as they proudly call themselves, and whose sole purpose consists in increasing the number of coins they possess. And in this case specifically, your words may make perfect sense after all.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
September 26, 2018, 10:55:22 AM
I cannot agree completely with your saying that people are not motivated by money. While some people are not motivated by money, several other people are motivated by money. Some people are born innovators and they spend their day trying to have something named after them while other only need money to survive.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
September 26, 2018, 09:51:40 AM
While basically money should be a means to live, money has become a goal at the present time. The exceptions are very few. The majority focused on making money.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
September 26, 2018, 07:54:46 AM
It can be true, but I'm not fully agree with that. In the past money perhaps isn't the major thing for scientist's life, but the world now says different thing. Many of them are concerned on how to make good money even some of them are truly dedicate their life for knowledge. So, it depends on their own motivation.
not unmotivated with money, we all know that money is a basic need of every human being, but human beings have a deprived nature and therefore they are always looking for more.
i think people who are not motivated by money are spiritual people. they feel enough, don't even need money. it is different with trade, where the main goal is to seek profits in form of money
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
September 26, 2018, 07:07:22 AM
It can be true, but I'm not fully agree with that. In the past money perhaps isn't the major thing for scientist's life, but the world now says different thing. Many of them are concerned on how to make good money even some of them are truly dedicate their life for knowledge. So, it depends on their own motivation.
not unmotivated with money, we all know that money is a basic need of every human being, but human beings have a deprived nature and therefore they are always looking for more.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
September 26, 2018, 06:45:54 AM
Sometimes motivation for one to achieve something extraordinary is the interest and one had possess also a mind of a genius. The love to create things extraordinary is just a motivation itself even gets failed on the first try. As we all know that a genius mind does not end on just one try and they will try and try until they will succeed.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
September 26, 2018, 07:06:02 AM
Truth is that there is some people motivated with money and some that are not. So there are different motives for success in people, saying that it it is not motivated by money is true in some cases
I am not totally disagree with your opinion, but as you can see without the money do you think we can actually survive in this world? The food, water and also shelter we needed everyday is not actually free. Even the government can't actually provide for those people who actually needed some help. That's why we are all motivited by money in order to help ourselves not to become helpless in the future.
Activity: 644
September 26, 2018, 06:21:03 AM
I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)

In my point of view, all of you stated about was true cavemen do not care about money because money is not yet invented before they trading, planting and hunting are the works of old people in the old ERA. However, this millenial days you can not survive without any money. Let we say, we did not motivate to work if they will not pay us. We did not apply for work for free we also need a compensation to support our financial needs.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
September 26, 2018, 04:29:58 AM
People are motivated by money in just diefferent terms.

Yes people may motivated by their family to work and do it hard.
But why they do that? they want to work hard or do a successful business to gain MONEY and have a good future for their loved ones.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
September 26, 2018, 04:26:32 AM

I don’t really know what to say about this, but if they are not motivated by money, there will always be a need for money. Money answers all things. Let’s take for example that you’re an engineer or a scientist, you won’t be able to produce or make any research if there are no funding available for you to do so. So money is always important. And yes, money is never the motivation, but the purpose is always to make money.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
September 26, 2018, 03:29:47 AM
I would say 95% are motivated by money than other stuffs.  Money is everything. There are few seen rarely to be generous in giving out / helping out money to needy. But majority goes for money even  though he or she is already well settled. Hence do not say people are not motivated with money. When you have money and have loving heart, you own the world. I felt it within.
You are still left with a big population of the world who are not motivated by money however a mater of fact is that almost all if not few out there wants to earn as much as possible. This is the assumption of a model in economics that any individual who is in the market prefers more.

Bitcoin is used for so many purposes but I have not seen anyone on this forum talking about the advantages of Bitcoin other than profit and making money. The sole motivation is the money.
Activity: 133
Merit: 101
Res Et Non Verbum
September 25, 2018, 04:44:09 PM
Indeed, when people grow rich, their worldview changes. They pay attention to other aspects of life and want to somehow change it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
September 25, 2018, 04:38:39 PM
The point is that MOST people won't do anything if they don't earn something good for it. You may consider it debatable, but still not so many people are ready to create and innovate for free.
Activity: 378
September 25, 2018, 02:37:08 PM

People or person are motivated by money. They work because of money so that they can sustain all their needs and wants in their life. Money is the everything in this world. Money rules the world so that many persons are controlling by money, so don't tell me that humans are not motivated if they are earning money.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
September 25, 2018, 11:14:10 AM
everyone will be motivated by people, everyone has the right to have a lot of money, I will try to get as much money as I can, I make money only in the bitcoin forum

Money does play a vital role in everybody life. May be not 100% money can do everything but to greater extent you could have the life the way you would dream or desire of and can also enjoy the leisure lifestyle. o people do get fascinated by money for sure and would like to have maximum.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
September 25, 2018, 11:07:36 AM
That's half true though but I get your point and I agree with that. But remember, not everyone is the same, we all are different in our ways. Some might prefer money over anything and some might not. We are leaving in a very different times now. Money has become a necessity and that money has also become a motivation in some part of the world and to some people.
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
September 25, 2018, 10:42:13 AM
Most scientists aren't motivated by money and they are the ones that make the technological breakthroughs.

I do think our world would be a lot safer if we abolished money and shared resources equally.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
September 25, 2018, 10:38:28 AM
It's a prevailing truth that money doesn't count as a prime motivator. If one wants to be effectively driven toward achieving high goals, one has to be motivated by something much worthy than money. Though, it is a highly important aspect for survival, it won't last long as a source of motivation.
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
September 25, 2018, 10:10:38 AM
If you are a normal person you will be motivated by money ,only the sick mind persons are not motivated because of unusual sickness ,but for those who are seeking a good a nd happy life they will be motivated by money , because this medium of exchange can really make a different thing especially for good intentions and not for greedy and selfish motive.
money is our goal for life, if we are not motivated and looking for money, what do we live for? if there is no money, what do we want to fulfill life? because all of that requires money to buy something we need
The term goal is I think overrated so we should rephrase it, money matters every where and those who said that they don't need money is just pure of hypocrisy. Today's generation runs by money and you're a little dumb ass when you don't have any and power comes within when money flows to your veins. Sounds evil but this is our society that we live in. It really sucks.

We can make money as motivation but there's always a limitation as when we use it wrongly and can lead us to rough road that we never imagine.
Pages:
Jump to: