Pages:
Author

Topic: [PHR] Phore - 100% PoS 3.0 - Masternodes - Zerocoin - Governance No ICO/Premine - page 41. (Read 67705 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 502
This project seems very good. The transaction is very fast
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Hi, interesting project, thinking about investing.

Since BitBay for example has already decentralized marketplace, are you going to do similar kind of marketplace, or something completely different?
Activity: 3
For the marketplace:

The idea is that since we want the marketplace to be unique why not encourage some merchand to sell theirs items in our store. Like a privilege for some of them.

I explain myself: I bought an particular instrument some months ago to an handpan maker. This handpan maker  is since accepting litecoin as payment. Which is great but I think that for the "good" merchands we should allowd them to get a privilege of like 5%.

If the merchand is selling one item 150 phr then i would get 5% more ( 157.5 phr). Tax that the buyer of the item would "agree" to accept like a shipping cost.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I just discovered this coin.     Masternodes,  zerocoin,  low supply.       It for sure has all the making to really blow up if things go the right direction.

I'm trying to debate just selling of my Verge and investing in this.      I've held Verge for a bit, but just can't stomach how unprofessional the dev is.   

Our team won't badmouth other coins. I will tell you that we take professionalism seriously though. If you don't believe me, stop by in the discord and ask the core community. Great group of people.

Thank you for the reply.    I had my doubts about the other coin, and once the dev came on and actively bashed another product -  I was looking for an out.

I just transferred my new Phore coins to the wallet Smiley       Seemed to work out well,  I sold off Verge and Sia at their peak last night and bought Phore on a bit of a dip.    Now just waiting for staking.

I went to tools -> open wallet config file.     The file was blank,  is that right?   I just typed staking=1, saved, closed the wallet and reopened.    It still says "Staking is no active"        Will that change once the coins are mature?   Or do I need to do something else?

Wait 3 hours.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
I just discovered this coin.     Masternodes,  zerocoin,  low supply.       It for sure has all the making to really blow up if things go the right direction.

I'm trying to debate just selling of my Verge and investing in this.      I've held Verge for a bit, but just can't stomach how unprofessional the dev is.   

Our team won't badmouth other coins. I will tell you that we take professionalism seriously though. If you don't believe me, stop by in the discord and ask the core community. Great group of people.

Thank you for the reply.    I had my doubts about the other coin, and once the dev came on and actively bashed another product -  I was looking for an out.

I just transferred my new Phore coins to the wallet Smiley       Seemed to work out well,  I sold off Verge and Sia at their peak last night and bought Phore on a bit of a dip.    Now just waiting for staking.

I went to tools -> open wallet config file.     The file was blank,  is that right?   I just typed staking=1, saved, closed the wallet and reopened.    It still says "Staking is no active"        Will that change once the coins are mature?   Or do I need to do something else?
Activity: 338
Exactly, get ready phore a great christmas

Great job Phore team.

I have been away for a few days, come back and see a ton of activity on the development and marketing front.

To clarify and agree with earlier comments, there is nothing wrong with forking a coin.  Besides, Phore is adding great features on top of an already excellent code-base.

Looking forward to seeing what the team can do here!
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Great job Phore team.

I have been away for a few days, come back and see a ton of activity on the development and marketing front.

To clarify and agree with earlier comments, there is nothing wrong with forking a coin.  Besides, Phore is adding great features on top of an already excellent code-base.

Looking forward to seeing what the team can do here!
Great post again Moonshot.

"...It might even be a great service to build right into the marketplace, allowing users to trade local currency for Phore, although that would likely require some kind of bridge with the credit/banking system or fiat currency peer to peer payment services like PayPal or Venmo."

Well, I've used Local Bitcoins before to get actual cash posted to me. A currency buying and selling section of the marketplace that worked like Local Bitcoin but for Phore would be great. It would eliminate the need for banks and Bitcoin to trade.

Hey how does localbtc work though, how do you prevent someone from scamming you (is it via escrow?) Sounds pretty risky though, physical cash to the mail haha

There's an Escrow. It relies on feedback a lot as well. If there's a guy with 5,000 trades with many different people, chances are he's on the level. I only did it once so I'm no expert though.
Activity: 54
Activity: 173
Merit: 12

Activity: 173
Merit: 12
Is there a decentralized exchange where I can buy Phore? I really dont want to use Cryptopia to buy PHR. By the way is the peer to peer marketplace already up and running? I will soon download the wallet and check everything out, but first I need to buy some coins.

Right now Phone is available only through Coinsmarkets and Cryptopia. More coming soon hopefully, but current focus is on the release of the marketplace.
Activity: 10
Great post again Moonshot.

"...It might even be a great service to build right into the marketplace, allowing users to trade local currency for Phore, although that would likely require some kind of bridge with the credit/banking system or fiat currency peer to peer payment services like PayPal or Venmo."

Well, I've used Local Bitcoins before to get actual cash posted to me. A currency buying and selling section of the marketplace that worked like Local Bitcoin but for Phore would be great. It would eliminate the need for banks and Bitcoin to trade.

Hey how does localbtc work though, how do you prevent someone from scamming you (is it via escrow?) Sounds pretty risky though, physical cash to the mail haha
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
The
Total supply of Phore is listed as 11,333,418 PHR, but I'm assuming that's not the max supply right? Anyone know the max supply of Phore?

Phore does not have a max supply.

Controlled inflation is what maintains the value.

You can check the rates on the bottom of our github: https://github.com/phoreproject/Phore
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Wow.

Phore is an improved PIVX, and with a better name.

This will be huge
Is it a PIVX fork?

Yes. With plans to create a marketplace, perhaps even smart contracts in the near future.

I can see nothing in your github. the whole thing is just copied from pivx!!

Phore is forked from PivX, you know PivX is forked from Dash right?

Which Github are you looking in? Because in this one there's lots of stuff PivX doesn't have being worked on, you must be looking elsewhere.
https://github.com/phoreproject
Forking from old coins is the very initial step for starting a new project, new coin in the crypto-sphere. After that, developers will consider adding more updating, new features and really making their new coins. That's it. Take it easy, guys!
The same argument PIVX had before -  no point in re-inventing the wheel.
Make use of the latest existing technologies and improvise. Phore is going to rock in 2018. Wink

Totally agree on using other coin as a base and implement your own from there. Saves so much time.

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Wow.

This will be huge
Is it a PIVX fork?

Yes. With plans to create a marketplace, perhaps even smart contracts in the near future.

Which Github are you looking in? Because in this one there's lots of stuff PivX doesn't have being worked on, you must be looking elsewhere.
Forking from old coins is the very initial step for starting a new project, new coin in the crypto-sphere. After that, developers will consider adding more updating, new features and really making their new coins. That's it. Take it easy, guys!
The same argument PIVX had before -  no point in re-inventing the wheel.
Make use of the latest existing technologies and improvise. Phore is going to rock in 2018. Wink
Wow.

This will be huge
Is it a PIVX fork?

Activity: 22
Wow.

This will be huge
Is it a PIVX fork?

Activity: 22
Hi Phore team,

I see that the whole code is just a copy+paste from PIVX. Is there anything your devs have contributed to this coin? Even the wordings in your website are copied from pivx.org
Is this a legitimate project. If you are a clone of pivx, have you disclosed it anywhere?
A bit wary of this project since it is just a copycat coin with hidden devs. Is there any legitimacy that you can provide for this coin?
Activity: 238
Best place to buy is currently Cryptopia, there's no decentralized exchanges as of this time.

The marketplace is due in Q1 2018, but the developers are on fire at the moment and blitzing through the roadmap, it will likely be very soon.

Thank you for the quick anwer! Yeah I guess I will have to stick with cryptopia then, although I really dont like those small exchanges lately.

Looking forward to the marketplace, this is such a great feature for Phore. I need to free some funds to get in before the release. I can imagine that this release will broaden the audience and therefore price of PHR going up quickly.
Activity: 14
Total supply of Phore is listed as 11,333,418 PHR, but I'm assuming that's not the max supply right? Anyone know the max supply of Phore?
Pages:
Jump to: