Pages:
Author

Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459 - page 21. (Read 62220 times)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Getting kicked from his silly channel seems to be a nice right of passage. I am glad I can say I was banned too.

Join all the other  banned in ##btcst-open

We grow every day!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
I personally think Bitcoin is too much of a game changer to simply fail because of ignorant Bitcoin users and ignorant potential Bitcoin users. (Anyone who blames Bitcoin itself for the various scams that crop up is ignorant.)

Again it's not that easy. Somebody who has never done online business (the best clientele for what I am planning) isn't going to look up the technicalities in detail and will probably look at the wikipedia article and any third-party stories which pop up. Right now the pirate story is on the front page of google, and thank god there are other more interesting ones, nevertheless I think there will be questions once it gets to the point, and should the front page be filled with this kind of stuff, guess what, they gonna tell me: "Nah we would rather do that on ebay."
Activity: 386
Give me a break. You use the internet don't you? Do all of the shady things (I don't think we need examples) happening on the internet prevent you from using it?

For every scam, you should double your efforts to participate in two legitimate Bitcoin related businesses. Or would you rather give up an amazing tool because someone has decided to use it for something you don't like?

FYI: I'm on it.

But I wish it was that easy. The problem is once I start to do business I have other people involved some of which never heard of Bitcoin, and if they look it up, independently of what I tell them (what they do) and find it unsuited because of bad publicity I am fucked.
The next thing is that how society works, if this gets worse I could be guilty by association. Before that happens I'd deal in fiat, or join an effort to create another system. This hasn't happened yet so I'll stick to BTC, never the less I am pissed.
Not necessary just on pirate and the other scammers but on the idiots who are so blinded by greed that they fall for everything.

It is good to see that people are finally starting to realize that pirated40 did not just fuck those who invested in his scam but everyone who uses Bitcoin.
We all got fucked by this asshole pirateat40. Every btc miner, every btc enthusiast, every person who likes BTC.

+1000
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Give me a break. You use the internet don't you? Do all of the shady things (I don't think we need examples) happening on the internet prevent you from using it?

For every scam, you should double your efforts to participate in two legitimate Bitcoin related businesses. Or would you rather give up an amazing tool because someone has decided to use it for something you don't like?

But I wish it was that easy. The problem is once I start to do business I have other people involved some of which never heard of Bitcoin, and if they look it up, independently of what I tell them (what they do) and find it unsuited because of bad publicity I am fucked.
The next thing is that how society works, if this gets worse I could be guilty by association. Before that happens I'd deal in fiat, or join an effort to create another system. This hasn't happened yet so I'll stick to BTC, never the less I am pissed.
Not necessary just on pirate and the other scammers but on the idiots who are so blinded by greed that they fall for everything.

It is good to see that people are finally starting to realize that pirated40 did not just fuck those who invested in his scam but everyone who uses Bitcoin.
We all got fucked by this asshole pirateat40. Every btc miner, every btc enthusiast, every person who likes BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer

This thread on Eve Online is the perfect example: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1857843

General public thinks Bitcoin itself is a scam, not just Pirate.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Interesting.

Looks like Mr. Shavers was having money issues.

It is labor day which is a bank holdiay.  That must be the reason.  I am sure the big payments are coming tomorrow.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I wish people did this doxing before handing over 5 million dollars.

those of us that gave a shit did. ;p

I looked him up when I first thought about investing back in Feb or March.....

We would like to assume anyone preparing to hand over any substantial amount of funds would do the same..  Cry
pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459

Result: 11 pages of speculations and only ONE! report of payment?
If any of you are in Texas http://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/Search.aspx and search for: 429-00521-2011
Enjoy
[/i]

That case is stupid. He was severed from the upcoming trial here;
429-04263-2011

there are much more interesting cases of eviction, forclosure and check fraud if you search for them...
Activity: 686
Wat
I wish people did this doxing before handing over 5 million dollars.
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Interesting.

Looks like Mr. Shavers was having money issues.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459

Result: 11 pages of speculations and only ONE! report of payment?
Pleas lock this thread and update it only, when someone sends you a PM confirming he has received the stolen BTC.

Even better, start a new thread and rename this one to something it deserves Smiley "Old women at the market...." ?

off-topic from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/p-82573
If any of you are in Texas http://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/Search.aspx and search for: 429-00521-2011
Enjoy
If the FBI considers this an illegal money laundering operation they will just seize any coins under proceeds of crime legislation.

How does one seize a wallet inside a true crypt hidden volume? Or a brain wallet?

How does one seize a wallet inside a True Crypt file?  Imprison the suspect until he or she tells them the password.  Authorities will of course ask for the hidden volume password too (they've not stupid), so the suspect had better be prepared to hand it over too.  I hope they have a hidden volume, as if they don't they can't prove a negative.  What if the suspect refuses?  Hold the suspect in detention until they agree.  Withholding passwords to encrypted information is a criminal offense in some countries (like England).

Brain wallet?  Maybe if the user can memorise the entire wallet.dat.

They really don't even have to do that. In many fraud cases, sentences are reduced if the criminal cooperates and returns funds. If he's convicted, lock him up for 10 years, or 5 if he returns the money.

So, what you're saying is, for years 6-10, he's earning ~$1mil per year?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
If the FBI considers this an illegal money laundering operation they will just seize any coins under proceeds of crime legislation.

How does one seize a wallet inside a true crypt hidden volume? Or a brain wallet?

How does one seize a wallet inside a True Crypt file?  Imprison the suspect until he or she tells them the password.  Authorities will of course ask for the hidden volume password too (they've not stupid), so the suspect had better be prepared to hand it over too.  I hope they have a hidden volume, as if they don't they can't prove a negative.  What if the suspect refuses?  Hold the suspect in detention until they agree.  Withholding passwords to encrypted information is a criminal offense in some countries (like England).

They really don't even have to do that. In many fraud cases, sentences are reduced if the criminal cooperates and returns funds. If he's convicted, lock him up for 10 years, or 5 if he returns the money.
Activity: 386
Now i realize why locking a thread is a great idea. :-P

Apologies. I do indeed get carried away when I am confronted with silliness. It's a sickness.

Someone is always wrong on the internet.
That can't be right,  Grin
Wat

Apologies. I do indeed get carried away when I am confronted with silliness. It's a sickness.

Someone is always wrong on the internet.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
The FBI doesnt have to do anything about bitcoin.Eventually there will be enough scams that the bitcoin economy will grind to a halt.

Its the same tactic they used with the occupy protests by sending in hardened criminals and metal patients to disrupt the system. Its a pretty effective weapon and well tested.

Nah. An immune system will develop. People will figure out what smells scammy and what doesn't. Those that can't will remove themselves from the marketplace.

In any case, don't put all your trolls under one bridge (is that the proper quote?). Spread them around so you still have a few trolls left in case one bridge is nuked from space.

Better bet: build a cardboard bridge with inflatable trolls, and let them nuke that one from space, while your real bridges and trolls are safe.
Wat
The FBI doesnt have to do anything about bitcoin.Eventually there will be enough scams that the bitcoin economy will grind to a halt.

Its the same tactic they used with the occupy protests by sending in hardened criminals and metal patients to disrupt the system. Its a pretty effective weapon and well tested.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Brainwallet
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

Pages:
Jump to: